Neteller Chargebacks

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
Last night I deposited about a grand in my Neteller account, then moved it to my on-line account where I proceeded to lose it all playing poker.

This morning I closed my checking account before the funds were withdrawn. Any idea if Neteller can come after me?

Thanks in advance.

krc

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Texas
Yes, Its like writing a bad check....
You will also have to pay the canceled check charges. :nono:

krc

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
check fraud,

neteller does not take to kindly to it and will take action to recoup funds.

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
If I go into a Bank and grab a bunch of money, then run out; is there anything they can do?

Can they come after me? :shrug: :shrug:

These are the type of people that Congress will parade on TV if Internet Gambling ever comes up for debate.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

snoozer

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
Berkley, MI
next time you play poker can you stop by madjacks beforehand and let us know what table you are going to play at.

Thanks in advance!

thom24ad

UDFlyers
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Columbus, OH
This is a big "no no" in the banking industry and since is this coming through as an ACH (auto draft from your account) it could be considered bank fraud...you've basically attempted a withdrawal on a closed account...

I suggest you immediately go back to the bank re-open the same account...explain the situation and all you will need to do is put enough funds in the account to cover the net teller deposit...

Failure to do so...you could have your net teller account frozen...your bank could report you to chex systems for bank fraud in which it takes 5-7 years to be removed from and if you were reported for bank fraud you could lose any checking accounts you have along with not being able to open any others the in future...I recommend you handle ASAP...not to mention the fees will you have to pay...

Last edited:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
wrong thing to do, but can it be argued that it was an illegal transaction and therefore you can't enforce legally an illegal contract? maybe not now, but in the near future? :shrug:

buddy, I lol when I read your post (after I looked at his name again).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
But when I first made the withdrawal it was an open account still! I don't care if my Neteller account gets frozen, I switched to another one anyway...wouldn't neteller be stuck holding the bag?? No way they are going to come after me for a lousy 1k!!!

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
6-5 - that is my point exactly, I know its wrong but the hell with them...they have no jurisdiction in the US, right??

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
But when I first made the withdrawal it was an open account still! I don't care if my Neteller account gets frozen, I switched to another one anyway...wouldn't neteller be stuck holding the bag?? No way they are going to come after me for a lousy 1k!!!

Go away you piece of shit trailer trash.

:sadwave: :nono:

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
6-5 - that is my point exactly, I know its wrong but the hell with them...they have no jurisdiction in the US, right??

It will take about 6 months to go through the system, but you will not be able to open any type of checking/savings account for the next 5 years, nor obviously be issued a debit card. Your current open checking/savings account will be closed w/ the funds in the froze up to the amount of the bad check.

krc

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Texas

Was the bank in the US.....

check fraud check fraud check fraud:nono: :nono: :nono:

krc

thom24ad

UDFlyers
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Columbus, OH

Yeah, they do but trust me both accounts will be frozen and you could be the dumbest SOB if you think you'll be able to get away with this with no consequences...dude this will show up on your credit report for collection efforts and trust me YOU DON'T WANT A COLLECTOR CALLING EVERY DAY...and if its a lousy 1K why not pay the money...I'm telling you...your in for a ton of headaches down the road if you don't fix this...I know I wouldn't want bank fraud on my social security number...

did I mention I work for a bank...and I handle these kind of things everyday...

Last edited:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
did I mention I work for a bank...and I handle these kind of things everyday...

I had seen you post that before.

Does it make any difference that neteller is in Europe and not the USA? Does it make any difference that this might be an "illegal" transaction?

thanks. I'll also repeat this was not a cool thing for him to do and I'm not condoning it. Just wondering about the consequences this new legislation might have.

I know that an illegal contract in not enforceable, but I know about nothing about the inner workings of neteller and banks. thanks.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep

It's people like you that are the reason online gambling has a black eye in this country. It's people like you who max out their credit cards or accounts into betting sites and then default on them.

You're a dirtbag and what goes around, comes around. The fact that you say you know it's wrong but don't care shows what a low-life piece of shit you are.

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
Don't be hating on me Mr. Saint...I'm just an enterprising young brotha trying to take advantage of an imperfect system!!! BOOYYAA!!!