New England/Pittsburgh

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
I just don't see how a team that is 16-1 and at home can be a dog to anyone. Having said that I don't think I will have a cent on this game either way, NE is not the Jets and Pittsburgh can't make the same mistakes and expect to not get blown out let alone win.

bombercoops

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
oz
Pats/philly superbowl IMO. Line looks out of whack for next weeks steelers/pats game but roth. takes his first 'L' next week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Blitz

Hopeful
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2002
North of Titletown AKA Boston
fla said:
Pitt wins because Bettis/Staley runs the ball down a depleted NE defense's collective throats. .

Not bashing here fla, but that Defense didn't look too "DEPLETED" against what people were touting all week as one of the greatest offenses of all time... people need to stop looking at the people that are injured like Law and Poole cause they have been playing most of the season without them. Today they even dominated without Seymour... Why? Because this is a TEAM, they come together like no other team I can think of. They might not have all the biggest names, but they manage to find these separate parts, bring them together and it operates like a well oiled machine... gl to all...

Rcxslam

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2004
nyc
I do not now who is gonna win...but if I had to take a bet, Pitt ML is the best bet...they should not be getting pts at home from anyone. Week performance by Ben this week is prob cause of this line. The NE showing today IMO was a little off because of the elements...snow, cold, wind etc...neutralized Colts D....Pitt on the other hand, also likes to play in the cold...Pitt ML play for me...if at all....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
bet pats -2.5

colts scored 40+ vs Broncs and then today lost badly ... Atlanta scored +40 (now onto Philly)

I mention this b/c long long ago I did a ten year study for teams that scored 40+ and they were 37% ats the next week, public perception of "hot" along with other things im sure ... Not sure how that +40 works anymore, but its out there again this week ... I have eagles to win nfc and might hedge with atl +pts, thats a tuff call

gl, gregg

Mr Hockey

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2003
Please remember that the Steelers opened up as favorites in this game. Olympic put up lines for next week's potential matchups yesterday. Pittsburgh was -2.5 over New England & the Colts were -2 against the Steelers. I jumped on NE +4.5 (buying 2 pts) yesterday afternoon/evening.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
i have to agree with sun. its a tough game, but if theres one mismatch in the game, its the guys standing on the sidelines.

cowher vs. belichick?

talking with a couple pittsburgh transplants living in the area, they have little faith in the steelers getting past the afc championship game. i found that surprising, if not very candid.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
under ;)

Very inflated total due to the 34-20 this season.

No Dillon in that game and NE got down early...they ran 6 times and passed 43 times!!!!

Much more balanced attack this time.

Two very tough D's....Lots of running and 'dink and dunks' :D

Hopefully it will get steamed up to 38.

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
I'll lay the 3 and take the Pats :clap:
With Dillon playing this is a much better team

Sun Tzu said:
As i said Fla you can't underestimate the Cowher factor. The Mack Brown of the NFL.

:142lmao: :142lmao:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
gman2 said:
talking with a couple pittsburgh transplants living in the area, they have little faith in the steelers getting past the afc championship game. i found that surprising, if not very candid.

Much respect for you Gman, but I don't get that statement at all, why would you find it surprising that Steeler fans feel that way.

1. New England has beat us in this spot before.

2. Ben looked like a rookie for the first time last game.

3. Cowher has shown the ability to be out-coached by alot lesser coaches.

Looking at the Chins decision to go with an empty backfield on 3rd and 1 twice when his QB is not playing well is grounds for a suspension.

When it comes to football I don't bleed black and gold, but I am a Steeler fan, maybe thats why I can be a bit more objective than most of the Steeler nation, but I get up for work very early and thus may not stay up for th second half of this one :sadwave:

PaTsJaMM

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
Vermont
>>Does October 31 2004 ring a bell for anyone??

Ask the Buffalo Bills of 2003 how much credence they put in an earlier matchup.

Game #1 they destroyed the Pats 31-0
Game #16 the Pats destroyed them 31-0

food for thought...

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
There is absolutely no justification for the Pats being favored here. So they beat up on the Colts? Am i the only one who thinks that beating Manning/Dungy in January isn't that difficult a task?

Don't get me wrong, you gotta love Brady and Belichik, but the Steelers manhandled em the last time out.