Nole vs. Poon - College World Series

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Ok Nole, I?ll take the Gators, you get FSU. A pretty fair bet as both are favored for their bracket. Some books I see Gators as a slightly bigger fav for the bracket and overall.

I?m proposing kind of a unit type of wager, depending on how each team does. I?m thinking we set $30 as the unit, given that a hat or nice shirt is in the ballpark of that. That way when we settle up, it can either be $ wise or for merchandise, winner?s choice.

If either team goes 0-2, that guy has to pay up two units. Winning a bracket earns you 1 unit. Winning the whole CWS gets you an additional 2 units. The most one of us could be out than is 5 units, or $150. And that would be if one team goes 0-2 and the other team wins it all.

What do you think? If you want to tweak the payout slightly for the Gators since they are favored a bit more, I?m fine with that as well.

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Ok Nole, I?ll take the Gators, you get FSU. A pretty fair bet as both are favored for their bracket. Some books I see Gators as a slightly bigger fav for the bracket and overall.

I?m proposing kind of a unit type of wager, depending on how each team does. I?m thinking we set $30 as the unit, given that a hat or nice shirt is in the ballpark of that. That way when we settle up, it can either be $ wise or for merchandise, winner?s choice.

If either team goes 0-2, that guy has to pay up two units. Winning a bracket earns you 1 unit. Winning the whole CWS gets you an additional 2 units. The most one of us could be out than is 5 units, or $150. And that would be if one team goes 0-2 and the other team wins it all.

What do you think? If you want to tweak the payout slightly for the Gators since they are favored a bit more, I?m fine with that as well.

This will work just fine Poonie. Good job!!!

I haven't looked at the brackets. Can FSU and UF meet in the Championship?

:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Just woke up to this.

I tried to stay up and watch.

:facepalm:

If there's a bigger mush out there, i'd like to meet him.

I am the Kiss of Death!!!!

:sadwave:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
:sadwave: Bye-bye Gators

That's 60 bones to Nole. :0071

What a sad showing by Florida.

Now let's see if FSU can come back to win their bracket (hopefully not).

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
:sadwave: Bye-bye Gators

That's 60 bones to Nole. :0071

What a sad showing by Florida.

Now let's see if FSU can come back to win their bracket (hopefully not).

Unreal Poon.

Well....................Go Noles!!!!!

Cheers to you!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Poon, you gonna be at the outing?

I can collect there?

As it stands now, don't believe I will be making it. So I can send to pay off my debt.

Let me know if you want it in straight moolah or if you have your eye on some new FSU merchandise for next football season.

Get my email from Jack and we can communicate off-line about it.

Congrats to you on the win! :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
As it stands now, don't believe I will be making it. So I can send to pay off my debt.

Let me know if you want it in straight moolah or if you have your eye on some new FSU merchandise for next football season.

Get my email from Jack and we can communicate off-line about it.

Congrats to you on the win! :toast:

Thanks Poon.