Northern Trust Open

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
2nd Round Match Ups

M KUCHAR (RND 2) -135 (C HOWELL III (RND 2) vrs M KUCHAR (RND 2))
KJ CHOI (RND 2) -145 (KJ CHOI (RND 2) vrs G WOODLAND (RND 2))

donly1ace

Live
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Go Habs Go!!
TO ALL POSTERS THIS WEEK:

Just wanted to send my thanks and appreciation for the plays as I did pick many of your plays and had a 6-0 day yesterday. Also has brought a renewed interest in following the sport again. All the best to all of you today and this weekend! :0008:toast:

owtkast3

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2004
3rd Round

3rd Round

Watched just about every shot of every tourney so far this year and im ready to dive back in.

Rd.3

Cink -115 Over JB Holmes
Cink seems to be hitting it a bit better and has always been a more consistent driver of the golf ball which is needed at Riviera. JB is a great story and good for him he is back playing but he can be wild and fatigue could play a factor.

Z.Johnson -120 Over K. Bradley
Again ill take the straight hitter and solid putter over a very good but still inexperienced player in Bradley.

R. Goosen-115 over Els
Retief got his feel back in Rd 2 and while Els played better as well The Goose is more comfortable at this venue. I think he might be in for a big move today.

Underdog Match-up

A.Badds +125 over Luke Donald

Badds won here last year and is very comfortable here while Luke is struggling on the greens.

Good Luck everyone!!

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
Round 3 Match Ups

R MOORE (RND 3) -110 (B HAAS (RND 3) vrs R MOORE (RND 3))
KJ CHOI (RND 3) -120 (KJ CHOI (RND 3) vrs J ROSE (RND 3))
S CINK (RND 3) -115 (JB HOLMES (RND 3) vrs S CINK (RND 3))

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
In-running:

Kyle Stanley(80/1)(1/5 for 1-2-3-4) e.w.

Saturday:

Stanley(-110) over VanPelt
Holmes(-110) over Cink
Walker(-115) over Perez
Els(-110) over Goosen
Harrington(-105) over Fowler

ODDS and ENDS:

(1)
Stanley was in my category of, "Golfers I want to be on him when they get their first win", and I was kicking myself last week when I wasn't on him in San Diego, but I was given a crazy chance to be on board with him at Phoenix. Thank you, Kyle.
In Phoenix I was on Stanley at 40/1 on Thursday, and added some 20/1 on Saturday. This week I'm on Stanley at 40/1 from Thursday, I don't have to be offered 80/1 to add some on Saturday . . . In a short Friday interview, Stanley said he doesn't know what he was thinking about at the start on Thursday (+5 after 9 holes), but he committed to "having fun on the back nine" and went -2 to give him momentum into Friday; twice he came back to say this is a tough course even without the wind, and then you had a wind switch, the course is playing very tough, you can't force anything; "I like my position" . . . His caddie barely has time to walk away from behind and Stanley is ready to strike and let the chips fall wherever his best effort takes him, which is taking him to pretty impressive places at the moment, IMO . . . Phoenix had not been a very good event for me over the years until last week, but I've had good luck in the Match Play (Toms and Ogilvy and Ogilvy) with an approach of trying to identify "fresh and peaking", and I expected Stanley would come out of Riviera with enough on that score to back him at a Tucson venue that should suit (and no 80/1), but I'll venture right in that he's fresh this week and can carry more of my cash.

(2) Cink has come in and so far been getting it done with smoke and mirrors, don't think he's likely to keep that up . . . Els still isn't in the Masters field, which motivates one of his best opportunities to make a push in that direction . . . http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=77493

(3) pgatour.com has to be one of the most impressive websites around, not just limited to the sports field . . . The Golf Channel has had a tradition from the start of doing the right thing and getting better at it, and they continue to do so . . . But none of it would matter much if there wasn't a great product behind it, and professional golf is a great "brand" that now has two tremendous platforms from which to build from strength to strength . . . I know someone who likes to point out reasons why "The game's gone", and he has a point, but "The game's not gone."

GL

Last edited:

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Jonathan Byrd (3rd Rnd) +105 over Pat Perez (3rd Rnd)

Ken Duke (3rd Rnd) +115 over Brendon De Jonge (3rd Rnd)

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 3 play (2pts):

Zach Johnson to beat Keegan Bradley -109 @ Pinnacle [also available @ William Hill, 5Dimes, The Greek and Paddy Power]
Johnson has finished ahead of Bradley in 11 of 15 common events since last year and given that he is playing far better from tee-to-green this week, he should improve on that record this week. Their respective course histories also points to the former Masters Champion being more suited to the Riviera course.

[unofficial rd3 system play: Wi tb Cauley +100]

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Congrats Stanley !!

Total Posts: 10,000

6 under

Forum Member
Nov 28, 2006
KC
To win after round 3: Byrd +1017 - he is only 1 shot back and is what I would consider a steady player.

boomer1

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2008
Birmingham Al
i agree with you 6under... that is a nice price on byrd...i would not be shocked if anybody @ -4 or better won...i have mick at 8-1 from the start , so i hope saturday was his "get me through" round and he'll have a big sunday

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 4 play (2pts):

Phil Mickelson to beat Dustin Johnson -125 @ Paddy Power
Mickelson has a very impressive record when leading from the front in the final round. Over the past eight years, he has held the lead with one round to play on 21 occasions ... on just four occasions has he ended the round not in the lead, going to win 15 times and losing in a playoff twice. One of those playoff loses was in this event (2007), but that only shows that his current week of leading this event at the end of every round is not unusual at Riviera: in 2007, he led after 36, 54 and 72 holes (finished 2nd via playoff loss), in 2008, he led after 36, 54 and 72 holes (winning by two shots), and in 2009, he led after 18, 54 and 72 holes (winning by a shot). History suggests that he will play well today.

[unofficial rd4 system plays: Leishman tb Lyle -119; Mickelson tb Baddeley -138; Van Pelt tb Moore +100; Van Pelt tb Lyle -182; Van Pelt tb Furyk -120; Baddeley tb Molder -120; Mickelson tb Bradley K -135; Mahan tb Johnson Z -138]

LA Burns

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2003
New Orleans
4th round:

Scott +100 vs Donald

Scott has improved in each round to this point and really seemed to tune it in at the end of his round yesterday - after making a 15 footer to save par on 5 (his 14th hole), Scott knocked it to 2 feet on 6 and then nearly holed out on 9

I have a large tourney bet on Badds + 115 over Scott and despite a 5 shot lead I am very concerned given the facts that Scott seems to be heating up and I'm afraid Badds might have trouble following up his 66 yesterday - either way I expect a solid round from Scott today and Donald has been scuffling a bit this week

GL - LA Burns

Bet on MyBookie