Obama clinches nomination ...essentially

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Hill isn't quitting though! :00hour

better hope the first vote at the convention goes your boy's way, or there will be fireworks.

BHO is going to lose bad in the South in the general election (assuming he is the candidate), but I'm not sure if that will be enough to keep him from winning. Will probably be one of the best and most interesting presidential elections of all time.

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I agree, it will be a fascinating election - by far the most interesting in 30+ years. Hill is done. She gains nothing by denying the mathematical reality. I liked her before all this, now I think Scott-Atl was right all along.

As for the South, well they (I) haven't done anything progressive in 230 years, so I wouldn't expect anything different here.

Keith 1

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
Long Island, NY
As for the South, well they (I) haven't done anything progressive in 230 years, so I wouldn't expect anything different here.

"well I heard Mr. Young sing about her. I heard ol' Neil put her down. Well I hope Neil Young will remember, a southern man don't need him around anyhow..."

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Interesting election, for sure. I think Obama is going to surprise people in the South. But, overall, I think he will end up losing the election due to Hillary's conceted behavior in staying in the race.

But I know any right leaning person is not allowed to say anything bad about a Clinton. :)

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I agree, it will be a fascinating election - by far the most interesting in 30+ years. Hill is done. She gains nothing by denying the mathematical reality. I liked her before all this, now I think Scott-Atl was right all along.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ok, sponge.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
But I know any right leaning person is not allowed to say anything bad about a Clinton. :)

Hillary is fair game.

I think she had every right to stay in. This election will come down to 4-5 states and Hillary won all of them that had primaries, so she has the right to stay in and I don't believe it will hurt in the end.

Si Se Puede!!

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
An intersting point is he clinched it while getting thumped in popular vote to H last 3 months--
(Fla and Mich not included-)

Was nice when he had luxery of being "unknown"

IMO The key turning point was Saturday Night Lives episodes of embarrassing/ridiculing the press in giving him free ride

example of "unbiased" reporting-
Chris Mathews "My leg was trembling after listening to his speech" :mj07:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ok, sponge.

Trust me im not the only one that has these feelings. When i see 4000 of my fellow Americans get slaughtered someone should take blame for their vote. I need to see the time stamp on Smurph post to see if liquor was loosing his lips. I call it like i see it. Im sure you could throw in The raskell named Haskell in this debate. By the way Sixfive lets say the south votes 51 percent to 49 percent. This is the majority i talk about. Now in my state what if its 51 /49 but my states 49 is your states 51. I still think my states 49 percent minority are still a bunch of clowns. Oh it looks like the racist were out in full force last night in Kentucky. Must have killed them to pull that lever for Hillary. If Obama gets the nomination he has to be a fool to waste ten cents campaigning in this racial state. DTB what was it like voting for Hillary?

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Hillary is fair game.

I think she had every right to stay in. This election will come down to 4-5 states and Hillary won all of them that had primaries, so she has the right to stay in and I don't believe it will hurt in the end.

Si Se Puede!!

i agree that hillary has every right to stay in the election...i don't remember anybody telling ted kennedy to step away in 1980 when he was behind about 500-600 (?) delegates going into that convention...

i think hillary exposed obama in a big way & i hate betting on teams or candidates limping into the playoffs.....& make no mistake about it that obama is limping into the playoffs...

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Hillary is fair game.

Si Se Puede!!

I'm not saying she doesn't have a "right" to stay in, but I do think it's ego keeping her there.

I like the "limping into the playoffs" comment. That's how I see this election. I feel if this wasn't the case, the Dem candidate would have won this election. My guess now is that McCain will win.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
The election is still a LONG way off. Any limping at this point will be long forgotten in a couple months. "Playoffs" don't even start until October.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
:mj07: :mj07:

btw bbc...i saw that you posted that you might be in vegas during june for the wsop time....if so i'm going to be there also & would like to buy a fellow centrist a drink...

Plane tickets are booked, AR. I'll look forward to a cocktail with a fellow centrist. We've got to stick together - lots of crazies on both sides here. I'm not planning on bringing my voter card. I hope that's ok

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Plane tickets are booked, AR. I'll look forward to a cocktail with a fellow centrist. We've got to stick together - lots of crazies on both sides here. I'm not planning on bringing my voter card. I hope that's ok

:142smilie

i'll tell you what...i'll buy you 2 drinks if you show me your voter's card....& btw to date murphy hasn't shown me his card yet....

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
The election is still a LONG way off. Any limping at this point will be long forgotten in a couple months. "Playoffs" don't even start until October.

my friend the only way mccain loses this election is if he has a senior moment during a debate or if he gets sick during the campaign....otherwise i think he wins more easily than people think...

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
For such an experienced handicapper, I'm rather disappointed in your :padlock: mentality on this thing. You know as well as I how difficult these things are to accurately predict. Pride comes before the fall. :nono:

My DEMOCRAT voter registration card has been in the glove compartment the last 3 times I've seen you. You need to remind me next time.;)

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
For such an experienced handicapper, I'm rather disappointed in your :padlock: mentality on this thing. You know as well as I how difficult these things are to accurately predict. Pride comes before the fall. :nono:

My DEMOCRAT voter registration card has been in the glove compartment the last 3 times I've seen you. You need to remind me next time.;)

you are right because i am superstitious & don't want to put the hex on the old man...

and btw..i just made a note to remind you to show me the voters card....:jerkit:

Bet on MyBookie