Obama clinches nomination ...essentially

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
AR

if your superstitious then you would know that a McCain victory is not in the cards.

He goes down like a Tenzing, I mean clown.

He just says random stuff out of his mouth.

I forsee big trouble ahead for him at the NAACP
convention where McCain is going to be the featured speaker :scared

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
15980 HILLARY CLINTON +1750
15981 BARACK OBAMA -165
15983 JOHN MCCAIN +135
15991 THE FIELD +6600

at cris

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
15980 HILLARY CLINTON +1750
15981 BARACK OBAMA -165
15983 JOHN MCCAIN +135
15991 THE FIELD +6600

at cris

Thats the good thing about it jack--regardless of who a person likes--they all can put their funds behind their convictions :)

Personally don't see how anyone would want to jump in yet without knowing VP selections--as believe it will be a stronger vote factor than in any previous election--

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
my friend the only way mccain loses this election is if he has a senior moment during a debate or if he gets sick during the campaign....otherwise i think he wins more easily than people think...

anybody else think it`s a little odd that the dems took EVERY STINKING ONE of michigan and florida`s delegates away for moving their primaries up?.....

not even the deaf/dumb and blind republican party made a bonehead move like that...

i mean,how can you totally disenfranchise 2 huge states...basically render them null and void?...

nobody`s been able to explain this in any cognizant way....

my opinion?....this was an excellent way for the super delegates to basically control who got the democratic nomination....

lets say hillary had been the one ahead at this point...i wonder if florida and michigan would still be left hanging out to dry?....

maybe i`m wrong...:shrug:

obama and mccain?.. :00x12

/the libs laugh at ole weasel as he prepares for a 5 month long "flop-sweat"....:s4:

btw..i`m convinced more than ever that obama will have to take hillary a v.p....that`s why she`s hanging around....

that`s gonna be real interesting,bock and amorosa sharing the spotlight with shrill and b.j...

will spongy accept hillary as v.p.?

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I doubt Fla/Mich would be this much of an issue if Obama was trailing. He's not the type to harp about a rule that he and the entire party agreed to well in advance.

Enough with this poor disenfranchised Florida and Michigan stuff. Those states knew since 2006 that if they broke the rule for their primaries that they'd lose their delegates. They did it anyway - on their own - with full knowledge of the consequences. Hillary publicly acknowledged this. Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot. She's being incredibly disingenuine here. She's showing her true misleading and spinning self.

I hope Obama doesn't select Hillary. I doubt he will.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I doubt Fla/Mich would be this much of an issue if Obama was trailing. He's not the type to harp about a rule that he and the entire party agreed to well in advance.

Enough with this poor disenfranchised Florida and Michigan stuff. Those states knew since 2006 that if they broke the rule for their primaries that they'd lose their delegates. They did it anyway - on their own - with full knowledge of the consequences. Hillary publicly acknowledged this. Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot. She's being incredibly disingenuine here. She's showing her true misleading and spinning self.

I hope Obama doesn't select Hillary. I doubt he will.

Smurph don't you think if she was ahead she still would be calling for these votes to be counted? You are making it sound like she is power hungry. You ever notice how difficult it is to fight for this party? Only they could put themselves in this type of position instead of having one common goal. They should have thought about this when they ran a black guy and a woman. I can see one or the other but not both. What i love about all of this is you get to see how phony some of her people are like Terry Macauly or whatever his name is. The bullshit seems to slide out of their mouths with the greatest of ease. Obama has to come up big with his VP choice. I love to see him ask Richard Clarke the former terror czar or Webb. Wesley clarke has to many ties to the Clintons for my liking. I hear this talk of some woman in Kansas. He does that it is 4 more years of failed policies and McBush.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
anybody else think it`s a little odd that the dems took EVERY STINKING ONE of michigan and florida`s delegates away for moving their primaries up?.....

not even the deaf/dumb and blind republican party made a bonehead move like that...

i mean,how can you totally disenfranchise 2 huge states...basically render them null and void?...

nobody`s been able to explain this in any cognizant way....

my opinion?....this was an excellent way for the super delegates to basically control who got the democratic nomination....

lets say hillary had been the one ahead at this point...i wonder if florida and michigan would still be left hanging out to dry?....

maybe i`m wrong...:shrug:

obama and mccain?.. :00x12

/the libs laugh at ole weasel as he prepares for a 5 month long "flop-sweat"....:s4:

btw..i`m convinced more than ever that obama will have to take hillary a v.p....that`s why she`s hanging around....

that`s gonna be real interesting,bock and amorosa sharing the spotlight with shrill and b.j...

will spongy accept hillary as v.p.?

gw....

i heard a clinton person mention that in 1996 delaware was also penalized for moving their primary up...& the way it was settled was to re-do the primary...so i think that is what clinton is clinging to.....& the fact that she sees mccain as a 1 term president if he wins...

i have said from the beginning that i thought that it was a big mistake for the dems to not count the votes from mich. & fla because i think its going to piss off some voters come november.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Smurph don't you think if she was ahead she still would be calling for these votes to be counted? You are making it sound like she is power hungry. You ever notice how difficult it is to fight for this party? Only they could put themselves in this type of position instead of having one common goal. They should have thought about this when they ran a black guy and a woman. I can see one or the other but not both. What i love about all of this is you get to see how phony some of her people are like Terry Macauly or whatever his name is. The bullshit seems to slide out of their mouths with the greatest of ease. Obama has to come up big with his VP choice. I love to see him ask Richard Clarke the former terror czar or Webb. Wesley clarke has to many ties to the Clintons for my liking. I hear this talk of some woman in Kansas. He does that it is 4 more years of failed policies and McBush.

Haven't thought about him in a while, but Biden has been piping up lately and would make an interesting choice. His straight talk would be a nice compliment to Obama's lofty, inspirational rhetoric. I don't think he's too much of a Clinton fan.

I've lost pretty much what respect I had left for Hillary over this Michigan-Florida nonsense. She's trying to go back and change rules that we have her on record approving well before this began.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
interesting....mccain was +160 last month..think it will be pick-em after both conventions..

Don't get too excited, 6 months ago both Obama and McCain were practically "field". It was going to be a Hillay/Guilianni showdown, remember? These things change on a weekly basis. Once McCain has to speak and most Dems come back together, you might find McCain's numbers drop drastically.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
i have said from the beginning that i thought that it was a big mistake for the dems to not count the votes from mich. & fla because i think its going to piss off some voters come november.

How many voters are actually pissed off? The only upset people seem to be Hillary's campaign. The only people claiming disenfranchisement and upset voters are GOP talking heads attempting/hoping to stir up trouble.

Hillary doesn't want a re-do, she wants the old votes to count. That is of course a sham because Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot. With a re-do, Obama will still get enough delegates. She is basically publicly saying that she wants to cheat.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Don't get too excited, 6 months ago both Obama and McCain were practically "field". It was going to be a Hillay/Guilianni showdown, remember? These things change on a weekly basis. Once McCain has to speak and most Dems come back together, you might find McCain's numbers drop drastically.

i promise to not get too excited....:142smilie

whoever becomes president becomes my president who i will support & i will hope they do the best job they can....and the bottom line for me is that my position in life will not change one way or another...

and one thing that you can count on is that if obama does win & makes questionable decisions as president, i won't come on this forum & belittle him or the people who voted for him...

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
How many voters are actually pissed off? The only upset people seem to be Hillary's campaign. The only people claiming disenfranchisement and upset voters are GOP talking heads attempting/hoping to stir up trouble.

Hillary doesn't want a re-do, she wants the old votes to count. That is of course a sham because Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot. With a re-do, Obama will still get enough delegates. She is basically publicly saying that she wants to cheat.

i don't know how many people will be pissed....i'll rely on your scientific poll of 1 person & go by that....:rolleyes:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
and one thing that you can count on is that if obama does win & makes questionable decisions as president, i won't come on this forum & belittle him or the people who voted for him...
Are you implying something, Al? Or are you just bragging about how content you are?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
i don't know how many people will be pissed....i'll rely on your scientific poll of 1 person & go by that....:rolleyes:

Uhh, I'm going by what I've seen from a variety of sources. I do not see voter outrage. All I see is Hillary spinning and right wing talking heads stirring the pot.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Uhh, I'm going by what I've seen from a variety of sources. I do not see voter outrage. All I see is Hillary spinning and right wing talking heads stirring the pot.

i have seen some voter outrage, but i think we'll be able to tell for sure in november....

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
stop flip flopping. you were content in the other thread and now you aren't. you sound like hillary.

Bet on MyBookie