% of a $10,000 Bank Roll......

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hedman

Paid Poster
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2004
SouthDakota
Lets say your FIRST week is a bad one., your bankroll is $5000 then you lose 50% with juice that opening week, you are at $2500 bank roll then next week you win 50% then you are at 3750. Then the following week you win 20%, now you are up to $4500. Yeah you have won 20% more action but still down $500, that's all from me on the subject.

This is exactly what fires up the masses. Its tricky math and angle shooting for sure. I sure wish he would just give his win/loss record like he does with the free picks, which he is 7-2.

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
This is exactly what fires up the masses. Its tricky math and angle shooting for sure. I sure wish he would just give his win/loss record like he does with the free picks, which he is 7-2.

Imagine if you had a local and two online books, what a nightmare to keep track of........:facepalm:

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
I just went back and looked through his NFL plays in week 1 last season. I come up with a 9-9 record on all plays aside from halftime plays.

I asked hedman in a thread earlier if thunder included his record in his free email. Thunder chimed in to say it includes BR %, so I asked him if it could include record and it was ignored.

I have a feeling he will never post his true win loss record. And I have a feeling it really isnt anything extraordinary. He has a schtick, maybe it works, maybe it doesnt, but I am beginning to think there is a reason the only #s we get are BR %'s. If your win loss record is that good, you would certainly be promoting and selling your record and not what % BR you are up.

If you want to follow him, great, but I would really encourage you to bet exactly what he bets, all of it, so you can stay on the same page as him. It isn't as if he is picking at a 60% clip and posting his plays and you can pick through them and play the ones you like. I think you really need to follow every single play and bet the same things he does, at the same books, including the halftimes for you to have the success he has at the end of the week or the end of the year.

Sounds like an awful lot of work, but if he winds up + in the end, then it is worth it I guess.

If I were THUNDER and everything he claims is legit, why not do something like a syndicate. Create bankrolls and let customers buy %'s of the bankroll. Take your fee or whatever and make your plays with the syndicates money. Obviously still post all your plays so everyone knows what is going on but it would be a lot easier for people to follow and get the same results he is promoting.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001

You need his weight to the picks and the money line as well.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
I actually can't believe he hasn't been posting that information. What kind of tout doesn't put his record out there. I was speaking with one poster before the season started and I just assumed we would get this information. He said we would never get his picks. He was right. How is he going to get new subscribers? Trust me I was up 45% this week!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

shawn555

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 11, 2000
berlin md
Sports - you are assuming a bankroll reset after every wager. Typically that would not be the case - you would reset your bankroll once/week. In the example you give above (I may have miscalculated) - you would have 85% of your BR exposed. And 1% of your first wager would be equivalent to 1% of the final wager listed.

Or maybe I am totally wrong:shrug:

:shrug:

Bankroll Adjustment is not done after every bet- Here is the point I wish you guys the best of luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
You need his weight to the picks and the money line as well.

Like I said and you refuted. You have to know when he resets his bankroll or you do not know the amount of the wager based on the percentage of the bankroll. There is a reason he wagers in this manner. It is impossible to keep track of unless you know the juice and when he resets his roll. A won-loss record would give some insight on how he is doing but not definitive at all.
It is a normal Tout tactic.

:fit01:

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
For me, if I use a bankroll starting of $10,000, which I normally due for all sports but baseball, a 4% bet would be 4% of $10,000 with juice, $440 and for each play I make I use that against a bankroll of $10,000, I use the $10,000 as 100%, so a 2% or 2 unit play would be $220, 5% or 5 unit would be $550, etc and so on and so forth, once my bankroll is negative 100% for the year, I'm done!! All % plays or unit plays are the same $ amount each time

Does this help in anyway?

Just askin!!

Thanks!

:0003

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
I looked back on Week 1 of CFL Saturday plays last year from a poster here:

Assuming you have an starting Bank Roll of $10,000, below are bets played before 3:30 games start and the early games finished:

Plays:
4% $440
5% $550
4% $440
4% $440
3% $330
2% $220
6% $660
5% $550
4% $440
4% $440
5% $550
4% $440
3% $330
4% $440
5% $550
6% $660
4% $440
3% $330
4% $440
6% $660
-------------------

$9,040 in play of $10,000 Bank Roll

For me, if I use a bankroll starting of $10,000, which I normally due for all sports but baseball, a 4% bet would be 4% of $10,000 with juice, $440 and for each play I make I use that against a bankroll of $10,000, I use the $10,000 as 100%, so a 2% or 2 unit play would be $220, 5% or 5 unit would be $550, etc and so on and so forth, once my bankroll is negative 100% for the year, I'm done!! All % plays or unit plays are the same $ amount each time

Does this help in anyway?

Just askin!!

Thanks!

:0003

Ok, I reworked the #'s then....You'd have $9,040 of your $10,000 Bank Roll in play on Day #1 before any games bet have ended......:shrug:

WOW

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
Ok, I reworked the #'s then....You'd have $9,040 of your $10,000 Bank Roll in play on Day #1 before any games bet have ended......:shrug:

WOW

Would I put that much on one day? No, but I've had as much as 60% of it wagered on one day, yes, I know :facepalm:, but typically don't lose 60% on one day, at least not recently, LOL!

Some folks also take the % of a $10,000 bankroll and divide it into weeks, so their % and actual wager money is within their 100% paramenters, playing 10% one day, only 5% another day, and so on and so forth. Also with 100% of a bankroll, if I'm already up say 20%, $2,000 for instance, I'd use that as the seed money knowing I still haver $10,000 left! I hope it's not too confusing!!

GL!!

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
Looks like you guys are having fun. Go Team. By the way I do pretty well on those HT plays.

GL this weekend

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
Would I put that much on one day? No, but I've had as much as 60% of it wagered on one day, yes, I know :facepalm:, but typically don't lose 60% on one day, at least not recently, LOL!

That wasn't the whole Saturday, was only bets up to 3pm.....Did have enough time to do the full day....:lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

treynolds

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Elkhorn, WI
That wasn't the whole Saturday, was only bets up to 3pm.....Did have enough time to do the full day....:lol:

Now you see why its so hard to post a record lol.

I think we all know thunder is a great capper so there is really no point of arguing wins and losses its just that alot of people are sour about him not posting for free. There were over 50 people in his service thread earlier so at least that many people have been winning following his picks or value his insight enough to pay $250 a month. Not a bad way to start the season $12500.00 up without even having to make a wager.

If you have a talent and can get paid for it you are stupid not too.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Now you see why its so hard to post a record lol.

I think we all know thunder is a great capper so there is really no point of arguing wins and losses its just that alot of people are sour about him not posting for free. There were over 50 people in his service thread earlier so at least that many people have been winning following his picks or value his insight enough to pay $250 a month. Not a bad way to start the season $12500.00 up without even having to make a wager.

If you have a talent and can get paid for it you are stupid not too.

Guess again, square. We want him to post them after the games start. Like an ethical handicapping service.

treynolds

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Elkhorn, WI
Guess again, square. We want him to post them after the games start. Like an ethical handicapping service.

Typical Trampled Underfoot calling people a square and acting like such a tuff guy on the internet, Im sure your mother is so proud to have raised such a classy man

At the end of the day its this simple if you really want to know his record that bad pay the fucking money and post it your self and quit bitching

Who are you to tell him how to run his business, and to say he is not ethical. If you subscribe to his service you know exactly what you are getting. Pretty much an opinion on every game and how strong of a lean he has on it. I highly doubt you are going to play every game, but when you need some action thunders a great guy to tail. Nobody who is subscribing really gives a shit what % of a bank roll to put on a play. They will probably put $100 - $200 on the 2,3,and 4 % plays when they tail them and probably bet all the high % plays at whatever their bookie allows for a max bet .

THUNDER

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
Typical Trampled Underfoot calling people a square and acting like such a tuff guy on the internet, Im sure your mother is so proud to have raised such a classy man

At the end of the day its this simple if you really want to know his record that bad pay the fucking money and post it your self and quit bitching

Who are you to tell him how to run his business, and to say he is not ethical. If you subscribe to his service you know exactly what you are getting. Pretty much an opinion on every game and how strong of a lean he has on it. I highly doubt you are going to play every game, but when you need some action thunders a great guy to tail. Nobody who is subscribing really gives a shit what % of a bank roll to put on a play. They will probably put $100 - $200 on the 2,3,and 4 % plays when they tail them and probably bet all the high % plays at whatever their bookie allows for a max bet .

Whats funny is the exact record is sent out daily on the free picks. It is exact. By the way there is a few of my clients that bet alot more than that. But regardless how they play,. They stick to a good money management system. This guy has nothing better to do. I have only been here for over a decade. By the way I have alot of clients. You notice not one has complained about record keeping. Wonder why.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Like I said and you refuted. You have to know when he resets his bankroll or you do not know the amount of the wager based on the percentage of the bankroll. There is a reason he wagers in this manner. It is impossible to keep track of unless you know the juice and when he resets his roll. A won-loss record would give some insight on how he is doing but not definitive at all.
It is a normal Tout tactic.

:fit01:

I'm just interested in tracking him the normal way. I don't give a shit about his accounting. But we are never going to get that info, so this is a mute topic.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001

Why would I blow 2K on an unproven tout? I'm not telling him how to run his business. My advice to him is that most respectable bettors would not subscribe to a service that is not monitored. All he will get are some squares that will run out of cash. That day is coming. If he really had some talent he wouldn't mind being monitored.

You see tr, we are simply asking for transparency. And you get your panties in a wad. I don't get it.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
Whats funny is the exact record is sent out daily on the free picks. It is exact. By the way there is a few of my clients that bet alot more than that. But regardless how they play,. They stick to a good money management system. This guy has nothing better to do. I have only been here for over a decade. By the way I have alot of clients. You notice not one has complained about record keeping. Wonder why.

you said the bankroll % is kept, not the win loss record