***Official Fantasy Football 2009 thread***

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dogface

Registered STUD
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2000
Minnesota
i was drafting from the same spot--though was BARELY able to get home/on in time. If not Jacobs then, curiously--who would you have picked? I'd understand if you didnt wanna say in hopes of maybe trading for down the line and not letting on, though again--curious.

i for one like how you got rivers but absolutely think rodgers is going to do tons better--thats me, i missed on both. GL

(1) Johnny Utah - Adrian Peterson RB
** (2) W-D Forte - Matt Forte RB
(3) Team Tman - Maurice Jones-Drew RB
(4) Team Davoso - Michael Turner RB
(5) Albi the Racist Dragon - Tom Brady QB
(6) Nashvegas Yin-Yangs - Andre Johnson WR
(7) Team Packers 4 Life - Steven Jackson RB
(8) Team Dogface - Brandon Jacobs RB

Hard to really say after the fact, but most likely would hae went Brees. (Happy Rivers fell though!) That would have saved me from having a bi-Week issue on Slaton and Jacobs as well, which left me scrambling for RB's to fill-in during that week. LOL!

Overall I give my draft a C+ and 45% chance of making the Playoffs, now to wheel and deal, and coach em up!!

dogface

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Tman

Forum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Volfan has 4 damn QBs, no wonder I have a shitty backup. Might have to make a move there, anyone? :0corn

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
Volfan has 4 damn QBs, no wonder I have a shitty backup. Might have to make a move there, anyone? :0corn

He is in every year and always does auto-draft. Have no idea why?:shrug:

Always fairs pretty well to though!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
Proposed payouts!

Proposed payouts!

Each league:

$1,725 total pot
- 12 X $150 ($75 from each pays my fee for running)

$400 Super Bowl Winner
$200 Runner Up
$75(2) Division winners:
$50(4) Round 1 playoff winners:
$50 (13) Each week, high points
$50 to the first team to have one of their players arrested.

Super Bowl showdown: - (whichever week 16 SB winner scores highest)

Or, we could do a week 17 showdown but that's always a crappy week as a lot of teams already in playoffs rest guys.

$150 to the showdown winner.

Thoughts? The weekly payouts for high points are always fun. There are a lot of chances for people to make some coin here. Hopefully everyone cashes and has a good time! Let me know any suggestions.

godsfavoritedog

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Vermont

I took this last year thanks to Fred Taylor and it was the only money I won! :mj07:

This year, the autodraft gave me Marshawn Lynch AND Brandon Marshall so I'm pretty much a lock to win it this year too.

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
Footballguys.com's take on my squad....

Overview:

Congratulations! You seem to have grabbed quality players at every turn of this draft. It's rare indeed to be better than the average team at the three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver), but we think this team is.

You must be among the favorites in this league and have positioned yourself to grab one of the playoff spots. But before you start engraving the trophy, realize that the draft is not the end of the story. Things can and do go wrong, so you need to remain diligent throughout the year to ensure you remain strong until the playoffs.

Players we particularly like on this team include David Garrard, Anthony Gonzalez, Robert Meachem, Josh Morgan, and Ronnie Brown. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:
?With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
?With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
?With average inseason management, we think you have a 91 percent chance of making the playoffs.

:00hour :00hour

:mj06:

:SIB

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Tman

Forum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Can gfd post the links from fbg.com? I wonder how we compare?

I pretty much gave up on week 6 with my top 2 RBs out, so whomever plays me that week...you're welcome. :142smilie

edit: jr11, you owe me a beer! :SIB

I'm in the same boat Week 4 -- Steve Smith and Roddy White have byes = OUCH

See you in the SB, if preseason papers are correct :rolleyes:

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
tman,

My projections have our teams 1 & 2 in our conference.... We are very close with your team having the slight edge.

I have us even (or almost even) at RB, TE, DST and K.

I have the edge at QB and you have the edge at WR.

It's kind of funny because I do not have either of us as the #1 team in any single category, but both very well balanced.

Should be a fun season...especially when I crack Agent's skull in week 1!!!! :scared

...let the trash talking begin! :mj06:

edit: Anyone want to make a friendly wager on our H2H matchups, let me know.... Agent, you'd be up first if you dare. :toast:

Last edited:

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
My team outlook improved drastically once I added Adrian Peterson from the Vikes and removed the other Adrian Peterson.

QB: Carson Palmer, Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Smith, Jerious Norwood, Felix Jones, Jamaal Charles
WR: Marques Colston, Laveranues Coles, Lance Moore, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, Sidney Rice
TE: Owen Daniels
PK: Nate Kaeding
TD: Miami Dolphins

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. But with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Bottom line:
With great inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
Each league:

$1,725 total pot
- 12 X $150 ($75 from each pays my fee for running)

$400 Super Bowl Winner
$200 Runner Up
$75(2) Division winners:
$50(4) Round 1 playoff winners:
$50 (13) Each week, high points

Super Bowl showdown: - (whichever week 16 SB winner scores highest)

Or, we could do a week 17 showdown but that's always a crappy week as a lot of teams already in playoffs rest guys.

$150 to the showdown winner.

Please note these payouts are based on everyone paying. Packers4life still has not paid. I have heard the ole checks in the mail but that was almost 2 weeks ago. If he doesn't pay before the start of the season I am taking over his team and will try to sell it for what I can get. Hopefully he will step up.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Please note these payouts are based on everyone paying. Packers4life still has not paid. I have heard the ole checks in the mail but that was almost 2 weeks ago. If he doesn't pay before the start of the season I am taking over his team and will try to sell it for what I can get. Hopefully he will step up.

I say we cut this stiff out immediately. I'll send you payment and "donate" the team to someone who isn't an asshole. What do you say?

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
Madjacks #2 Fantasy Football Lines for WK 1

Madjacks #2 Fantasy Football Lines for WK 1

--As teams are comprised of as of now, the projected scoring differential of each matchup is listed below. Note that on avg the teams are scoring in/around 120-140+ points, to kinda bring that whopping 32 (its still 5+ TD's) down to earth, though everywhere else relatively close. Even one pick'em.

Gods'FavDog -9 Tball Team Schizm

RomoSexual -8 FoodstampMillnaire

Team Nick -32 Team Jordan23

Team Warner -14 Team BoxAndOne

LiveTilTheEnd -4 Team Slinkdawg

Team Mags EV Shoeless Bason​

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
I say we cut this stiff out immediately. I'll send you payment and "donate" the team to someone who isn't an asshole. What do you say?

Got this email reply from him: ** Agent,
I have no idea why you have not received it , if you dont tomm in mail let me know and I will do UPS and email you the Tracking number. You def will have it in your hand before start of season. Thanks again.
T(Packers4life)

IDK what to do. He obviously didn't send the fkin money. I believe he WILL send it now because his team is great. He has some personal things going on so I am trying to be the nice guy here but WTF the deadline was 8/14.

:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Here are the lines for MJ's #1 (NFC)

Team JR11 -36 Johnny Utah
Team Tman -14 Albi the Racist Dragon
Team Volfan +22 Team Packers 4 Life
Team MarcB -16 Team Davoso
W-D Forte -3 Nashvegas Yin-Yangs
Team 1837 -4 Team Dogface

I'll take me +36 Lock of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!