Old School

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
What do I use besides roundup to kill all that stuff and stop it from growing back?

What should I do to make it easy to maintain? Any suggestions?

Hausziege_04.jpg

:0008

The Boys

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Royal Oak, Michigan, a Detroit Suburb
I was hunting one winter (Kickserv be damned) 20 feet up in a big oak tree. Every leaf had fallen, but there was this brown vine behind me wrapped around the tree. I didn't think much about it. The next day, I couldn't open my left eye. I went to the bathroom, and the mirror revealed a gigantic case of horrible poison ivy. It was all over my face, in my eye, in my mouth :facepalm: and nose, all over my arms and hands, and of course on my penis (back when we used to carry a bottle up in the tree to pee in). It was the worst cAse I ever had of poison ivy, and thank goodness for corticosteroids.

That's why I spend my free time at the strip club, no poison ivy there.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
There ya go! :0074

Yeah, my body is tired as shit right now. Started at 7 am and will do it again tomorrow. Oh well, such is life.

I'll try to show some before/after pics sometime soon. Too tired to do much else than sit in a recliner, drink a few beers, and watch a movie.

Cheers,

kneifl

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Well, I'm done for the weekend. Going to easy for the contractors to build the walkaround deck and fence in the property now. Have to admit, I made a total fucking mess of my backyard. But it will be better with time. A lot of the trees are out, there are just a few big ones I didn't want to take out. The roots were much tougher, but they are in bits and pieces now. Really going to have to work on seeding it next year. Sure glad they upgraded me on the stump grinder. May ask you for some advice on seeding next year OS. The soil is as loose as can be right now, but I'm sure it won't be ins 6-7 months. I was thinking I'd probably rent a skidster then.

kneifl

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
pic me man...:0corn

IMG_1942.JPG IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1944.JPG IMG_1945.JPG

The first pic is the front where I took out some overgrown bushes and am going to landscape it the way I want, should be easy. The next 3 pics are where I am clearing some stuff up for a 350 sq ft deck that wraps around my Sunroom (this deck will have no rails and I'm adding an exterior back door). Also, I will have a permit and it will be up to code (found a great contractor). This is going to be the hard part, but I figure I can clear more of it out next week. If you see near the top, where the treeline is/was there use to be a shit ton of 5-7 ft weeds and shrubs there. Cleared all of that out and a number of trees as well, some of the trees I had to leave. Going to take a whole lot of that dirt and level things out up there (from the front and back). Next weekend though, I have a hell of a lot more work to do on this project. You can probably see where the property line ends (at the back of that white shed). Any opinions, let me know. Thanks!

kneifl

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
super work ..

when ya start slinging that top/compost mix make sure to start with those good gloves on..

That "Masters Degree in Shovel" is a damn hard piece of paper to get..

But worth every ounce of sweat..

you can probably seed and fert as late as OCT.20 ...

check with one of the big rig cutters when ya see them doing a lawn..

that not covered w/deck and part of a bed will all weed over on ya by March or so..

and...anything of a large area ya really don't want to do a Spring seed and fert..

they never take like they should....ideally....Sept...thru Ocy 15 maybe 20..

again check with a big cutting outfit or the John Deere Seed and Fert house nearby..

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
super work ..

when ya start slinging that top/compost mix make sure to start with those good gloves on..

That "Masters Degree in Shovel" is a damn hard piece of paper to get..

But worth every ounce of sweat..

you can probably seed and fert as late as OCT.20 ...

check with one of the big rig cutters when ya see them doing a lawn..

that not covered w/deck and part of a bed will all weed over on ya by March or so..

and...anything of a large area ya really don't want to do a Spring seed and fert..

they never take like they should....ideally....Sept...thru Ocy 15 maybe 20..

again check with a big cutting outfit or the John Deere Seed and Fert house nearby..

Thanks OS, I will be hitting it hard next weekend too. And I will check with the John Deere Seed and Fert like you said. Also, will check with one of the big rig cutters.

Appreciate your advice!

kneifl

Bet on MyBookie