Pistons might be the most sorry team to win the NBA championship.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Maybe that is too harsh of words. Pistons always give 100%, play tough defense (even though refs let them), and are not selfish. However, Pistons if they are fortunate enough to win a championship, they will have done so without playing anybody at full strength. NOBODY! Congrats if they do win it all, but they were pretty damn lucky and did not have to beat anybody at full strength.

Lets take a look.

1st round they play the Bucks. Bucks are without their star PG Ford who is very good rookie.

2nd round the Pistons played Nets who are playing with a hurt Jason Kidd. Kidd happens to be the best player on the Nets.

3rd round the Pistons play the Pacers who's PG Tinsely is SERIOUSLY injured. From game 1 against Detroit to game 6 Tinsely could barely move. Then in game 4, Pistons best player Oneal sprains his knee. Oneal plays injured for games 5 and 6 and half of game 4.

Finals Pistons play Lakers who have a mildly injured Karl Malone and injuries to Fisher and Payton. Game 2 Malone seriously injures his knee. Malone is 3rd best scoring option who is seriously injured, Fisher the 2nd, Payton the 3rd. Fisher has twisted knee and Payton has sores on his feet (but both able to play)

Lets see, Pistons have played 4 opponents in the playoffs. 1st teams starting PG did not play, 2nd teams starting PG injured and his thier #1 player, 3rd teams PG seriously injured, and 4th teams PG is injured/but also playing horrible. In addition, Jermaine Oneal injured in series, Malone injured in series, and Fisher injured prior to series where he was on fire!

KEY INTERESTING THINGS

Prince blocking Reggie Miller game winning layup. Why Reggie never dunked it is beyond me. Lost the series for Pacers.

Pistons have gone to the line 84 times to LA's 54 in 3 games.

Phil's not as blind as some of you Laker haters!

His press conference today (or was it yesterday but being shown today on NBA.com) he is blasting the refs for calling fouls when the Laker players lean on Pistons whereas they aren't calling fouls when the Piston players lean on Laker players.

"Our players are more muscular but that shouldn't mean they aren't allowed to play defense the same way."

LA Times front page photo (sport page) is a perfect example. Look at the forward arm in Kobe's back, let alone the hand on his arm. The best defense in the world is a foul not called.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
In my opinion, one of the better teams to come along in awhile.

You are one real sore loser.

freelancc

Forum Member
Aug 18, 2002
Nevada
Detroit has beaten the best in the East (Nets-Pacers) and are currently putting it to the Lakers (best from the West)... and if they can close the deal against the Lakers.. they will have earned the Championship...:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
I guess you did not read what I wrote. IF the Pistons beat the Lakers in the finals, they will win the championship. But the Pistons will not have beat anybody at full strength. Every team the Pistons beat had key player(s) injured or key player missing. On top of that, every team they faced had an injured starting PG!!!! Pretty easy road to the finals and to win the championship. Sad thing is they struggled against Nets and Pacers. Lets see if they put an injured Laker team away tom.

Not sour grapes by me. I am just stating the obvious. I guess you have a problem with reality.

In my opinion, one of the better teams to come along in awhile.
:lol2 :lol2 :lol2

Wouldn't they have had to beat at least one team who was at full strength to be even considered one of the better teams to come along in awhile? They play great defense, but every team they faced had injuries to their starting point guard. Plus key injuries to other key members. I guess you don't look at the big picture.

Last edited:

spits

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2000
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hey Ticali.....are you conceeding defeat already?

I guess getting beat up 3 games was all it took.....well, how about we give you two more ass-whoopings.

:thefinger :moon: :thefinger

SPITS

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SPIDER

Forum Member
Jun 4, 2004
the last time i checked tinsley wasnt all that great of a player. Pistons are actually a team, not to many of those left in the nba.

there was a sign in detroit the other nite that had all 5 faces of the pistons and then had shaq and kobe faces as well.
it read OUR FULL HOUSE BEATS YOUR PAIR.

think that sums it up for you

spider

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
lakers first championship

lakers first championship

they somehow beat port with incredible 4th q

another time they beat spurs with injured Davey out for series

then they beat Sac on horry thunderbolt and sac going 11/24 from line until late in game 7 (not to mention another game where LA shot about a billion FTs)

hmmm, didnt think you would mention those?

those are the breaks :shrug:

* and I thought u followed the Lakers, PJ uses the press more than any coach ever to lobby the refs--clue in, tinseltown crier :nono:

IMHO, Deet is the best defensive team ive ever seen in the NBA, that in itself counts for something ... would you say the steel curtain or ravens were worst super bowl teams ever, just b/c you dont like their style of winning--your injury theory is bogus once again

you always smush all your theories into fit some myopic little facts, but never see whole picture, that's why you get no respect because you are a homer

I might be wrong but I really think Tical is a double poster, using another name you guys are all familar with--think it thru guys, U will figure it out ;)

gl to all
gregg

ps shaq on one day's rest 18 ppg, 2 or more 25 ppg--so I read online

Last edited:

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Why do all of you take offense to what I wrote? I am not making up anything.

IMHO, Deet is the best defensive team ive ever seen in the NBA, that in itself counts for something

Detroit is an awesome defensive team but it is unfortunate that in this whole playoffs we were unable to see how good this defensive team is against a full strength opponent. Also every opponent they faced had a hurt PG.

Compare that to football. What if every opponent the Ravens played had a hurt QB? RB? Didn't beat a full strength team all playoffs? You cannot say there defense was greatest or anything because they were not tested (an injury in NBA is worse than injury in football). That is my point of this post. Pistons have not beaten anybody at full strength. And it took Pistons 6 games to beat Nets and Pacers. I am not all that impressed and I am wondering why maybe you all are. I guess I touched a nerve with you all.

Pt1gard, if you look at the last 4 NBA champions including the 3 Lakers won, Lakers beat teams at full strength. Not every opponent they faced had key injury like the Pistons were lucky to have happen to them. You don't see this? Or you don't want to see this?

Guess we have some sensitive people on this board. I am just pointing out the reality of the situation. Pistons have got the job done with the hand dealt to them. Congrats to them so far. And no, I am not conceding a championship to them yet, but it is sure looking good for them so far. If Lakers beat the Rockets with injured Francis, and Spurs with injured Parker, and no Cassell (which happened) w/Wolves, and injured Billups then you easily could be saying the exact same thing about Lakers. Lakers walking their way to an NBA championship.

Has there been an NBA team (Pistons) to ever had this many unfortunate things happen to every opponent they faced in the playoffs? I am only 26 so I am not sure.

Once again nobody here should take offense to what I wrote. I just gave a timeline of what happened with the Pistons and possibility of them winning an NBA championship. I think all of you have forgotten how easy they have had it and that is why I struck a nerve.

I might be wrong but I really think Tical is a double poster, using another name you guys are all familar with--think it thru guys, U will figure it out

Your right, there is a double poster of me. I think his name is tical, but I am ticali24. I don't think he posts anymore or at least I have not seen it. Plus I am not really a homer since my team is the Clippers. Although I am rooting for the Lakers for series.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
More excuses. Will it ever end??

NEWSFLASH head, Payton at 100% and souped up on every enhancing substance known to man would still be no match for Billups atm.

I've just had to re-read your post about four times to make sure you are for real!! :eek:

So Detroit obviously faced injured teams all season to have held teams to a League low 84.26 ppg?
Or 41.3% shooting. (3rd in the League)
Or 30.2% 3-point shooting. (Best in the League)
Or 6.95 blocks per game. (Best in the League by a fair margin)

For **** sake!! If it not the ref's it the quality of the oppostion!! :shrug: ...what next? Ben Wallace's afro is performance enhancing? Rasheed's beard is unfair??

You've got 60-odd post and ALL of them have had a pro LA slant. You passed the pathetic stage long ago.
PLEASE, PLEASE give it a rest.

PS. The thing that is offensive is your total lack of respect and apparent lack of knowledge.

Last edited:

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Again why do you take offense to what I wrote? Go look it up, read articles, watch the games, look at the stats it is indeed exactly what happened in the playoffs. Pistons could not help that every opponent they faced was injured. But that is the case.

If Lakers beat every opponent by 20pts in the playoffs but if every opponent they faced had injuries to their PG and other key injuries, no way would I proclaim they are a great team. I would be saying they had an easy road to a championship and never faced a full strength team.

NEWSFLASH head, Payton at 100% and souped up on every enhancing substance known to man would still be no match for Billups atm.

Your prob. right although Payton did somewhat produce in the 3 previous series and is giving zero production this series. It is not like he is missing shots contested by Billups. They are open shots.

You also seem to take offense to what I posted but can you argue with what I wrote? Did I say something that was not true? Nope!

Maybe you shouldn't read my threads if you do not like reading the truth.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
At the risk of belting my head against the computer desk.....

Again why do you take offense to what I wrote?
PS. The thing that is offensive is your total lack of respect and apparent lack of knowledge.

You also seem to take offense to what I posted but can you argue with what I wrote?
So Detroit obviously faced injured teams all season to have held teams to a League low 84.26 ppg?
Or 6.95 blocks per game. (Best in the League by a fair margin)

I absolutely give up, and I suggest you do the same thing.
You're just making yourself look sillier and sillier...(And me too for being sucked into responding!)

In case you didn't see in one of the other moronic pro LA, anti-everything outside of the city, go and post your rubbish on a Lakers forum somewhere!

It is not like he is missing shots contested by Billups. They are open shots.

That DOES seem like a pretty big coincidence to me?? Dunno...what do you think?

Maybe you shouldn't read my threads if you do not like reading the truth.
1) It's bloody hard not to given that every second thread has you carrying on about some (the same) crap!
2) You're actually quite amusing in that pathetic, I've got nothing better to do, kind of way.
But, yeah, it's old and tired very quickly now. (Much like Malone and Payton ;))

Grow up and take it like a man, hey. :nono:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
MrChristo I am not a fan of comparing statistics from regular season with the Playoffs. Especially since when your data includes non playoff teams. Plus injuries happen during the season and teams often do not play their best every night.

No doubt in my mind Detroit plays good/great defense. I am just pointing out that Detroit has benefited greatly in that every opponent they faced in the playoffs was not at full strength. Pretty amazing if you think about it. Especially when it took detroit 6 games to beat the Nets and Pacers. 5 games to beat Bucks.

You're actually quite amusing in that pathetic, I've got nothing better to do, kind of way.
But, yeah, it's old and tired very quickly now. (Much like Malone and Payton )

That was quite funny.

Grow up and take it like a man, hey.

Take what like a man? I am just stating the obvious. How many times do I have to say this. I am a Clipper fan here in LA. If Lakers lose I am losing my 2unit series bet at -240 thats all. I am not a die hard Laker fan. I am just commenting on series and how fortunate the Pistons have had things in the playoffs.

You people are just Laker haters and have a hard time seeing how easy the Pistons have had it in these playoffs.

I'll ask again, has a team ever won an NBA championship without playing a team at full strength? Pistons have a chance at doing it.

baby johnson

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2001
dicken's cider, wisconsin
detroit is a better team than the bucks,nets, pacers and most certainly the FAKERS.........................team,team,team,team, get my drift. it's not how you win it's IF you win, and detroit is doing it as a team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jr capper:D :tongue :D

CryBoy

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Arlington, TX
ticali24 said:
I'll ask again, has a team ever won an NBA championship without playing a team at full strength? Pistons have a chance at doing it.
The '94, '95 Rockets! I guess they were lucky because Jordan sat out those 2 years. Hey, I was at the clutch city parade. Nothing wrong with a little luck. I was damn thrilled about Houston winning the championship twice, albeit without Jordan in the league. :D

By the way, ticali24, get some rest buddy. You posted roughly 50 "thought provoking" posts in just a week. Where do you find the time and energy? Shit! I get tired from just reading your posts. It's the same damn complaints! :mad:

GO PISTONS!

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
But every opponent the Rockets faced was not injured. That was my point. Every opponent the Pistons have faces was not at full strength. And it is key players who are injured, not bench players. The Rockets beat teams at full strength to win their championship. Pistons might not beat any team at full strength. Get my point?

How far did Pistons go last year with an injured Billups? He was their PG. Fate has reversed that and has injured every PG Pistons have played in the playoffs and then some.

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
YO BOZO,

Talking about not being able to see the forest for the trees...let me clue you in on something...the lakers only got here because the team they beat (wolves) was missing Hudson due to injury and because Cassells was HURT...NO WAY do lakers advance with wolves at full strength...that said Tic, I do appreciate your posts...it gives me an opportunity to fall off my chair laughing!

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Thanks for calling me a bozo for telling the truth. Too bad you do not like reading it.

I know the Lakers had a semi free pass with the Wolves. The Lakers did beat a healthy Spurs squad and Rockets squad.

EVERY opponent the Pistons has faced has been not at full strength. That is my point. You cannot argue that.

Maybe that is why the Lakers don't seem motivated against the Pistons. They had such tough road to get here, essentially beating the best team in the NBA Spurs. Although I think it is no excuse not to play 100% when your in the finals but I guess if you have 3 rings your not as motivated.

Lakers didn't start playing ball until they were down 0-2 against Spurs. Will they start now against Pistons down 2-1? Or maybe the injuries are too much for Lakers to overcome.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Ok...going for one more time on the round-about!!!

How funny is this guy!!

Doesn't like taking notice of regular season stats 'cause it blows his argument.

Keeps saying how LA was 2-0 down v. SA, but conviniently keeps forgetting to mention both games were away and LA only won ONE game away in that series.

LA had the 3rd best record behind SA and Minni but are some how clearly superior.

Won a WHOLE 2 games more than Detroit all year but again are CLEARLY superior.

Please people, (I know I'm at fault here!) but if we ignore this muppet he will soon go away!....Because you can be assured that he will keep posting excuses long after the Pistons hold the trophy and Payton and Malone slink off into who cares where.

You are an ignorant ****wit, a 26 yo you say??.....Sorry to get personal, but your mum MUST be getting sick of those Shaq posters on your wall??
Maybe that is why the Lakers don't seem motivated against the Pistons
Hahahahaha!! You are absolutely correct. I wouldn't bother getting motivated against the crappy East coast in an NBA final series either.

I LOVE how the Pistons are fakes but LA had a "semi-free pass" v. a beat up Minni!!! :D :D

Seroiusly, do you own a comedy store somewhere??
You are a very funny man....don't let anyone tell you any different.

THE ONLY ONE

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
I'm getting sick and tired of this Tic running his mouth about injury's over and over again. I cant believe you actually had the ball's to bring up the name TJ Ford, are you fuking kidding me, this rook hasn't played since the all star break and the Bucks did just fine with Damon Jones running the point. The fact of the matter is this, with or without TJ Ford the Bucks would still have no chance in hell of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series period.

Jason Kidd was injured back in March and Franks didn't want to take any chances and decided to put him on the IL since the Nets already had the weak Atlantic division locked up. Jason Kidd returned to action at the end of the season and looked 100% vs the Knicks in round 1 but then all of a sudden Jason Kidd stops putting up Jason Kidd type numbers vs the Pistons and everyone thinks he's injured. We all know Jason Kidd shines in the transition game, he looks like gold vs sub .500 opponents but when faced with a dominating big man, tenacious Defence and a half court game, Jason Kidd has no answer. The Detroit Pistons are Jason Kidd's cryptonite and the only reason that series even went 7 games in the first place is because of Jersey's BS double OT victory in game 5 when Four of Detroit's starting 5 were fouled out for the majority of both OT periods.

Jamal Tinsley is a role player, he only averaged a little over 20 minutes per game during the regular season, guys like Anthony Johnson easily filled in the void. O'Neal injured his knee but still averaged over 40 minutes per game in that series, even with a 100% healthy O'Neal the Pistons held Pacers to under 70 points 4 times this year.

Gary Payton at this day and age is not NBA material, same can be said about the expired mail man, even at 100% these guys are worse than role players, I can guarantee you can find more talent in the NBDL. Both these has-been's jumped to Holly-Wood for a piggy back ride straight to the NBA finals in search of jewelry they do not deserve. They both had they're chance back in the 90's but got shut down by the man in my avatar...the great one. The last thing I want to see is these 2 future hall of famer's walk out the NBA with a BS championship.

The Detroit Pistons are argubly the best defencive team in NBA history and they are gonna go on to become YOUR world champions and there's 2 things you can do about it, absolutely nothing and like it!!