Pistons might be the most sorry team to win the NBA championship.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Rasheed Wallace was playing at about 70% the first few series and still isn't at 100%...I guess you forgot to mention that little tidbit?

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
great posts

great posts

mr C, To1, and hoops ... but ur talking to a man who sees Tyra Banks and has to return home to Jane Hathaway, Miss Jane from the Billies ...

This is the same guy, and I never brought this up, who insisted Shaq was only good b/c he was big ... That thinking woulda had Bol and Shawn Bradley, or Stanley Roberts, in HOF ... that thinking would continue into other sports, saying Tony Dorsett was only good b/c he was fast, or that Namath was only good b/c he had a quick release, or Bob Gibson was only good because he threw hard, or Rice is only good b/c he has great hands ... But then he said he only respects guys who do it against guys their own size (cuz he drools Kobe juices) but doesnt Kobe have size on almost every single guy who has every guarded him? Hmm Tayshaun and Bowen have locked him for 41% in last 9 games--oh well, those are the facts, but lets not present them to Judge Judy ...

I have shown some of Ticali's threads to pals who who dont bet but are sports intelligent and they are rolling, they beg me for updates--so since Seinfeld has gone off air, I hope our Socal keeps filing his reports ;)

gl, gregg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
THE ONLY ONE you wrote a nice post. But Jason Kidd was injured but able to play. Same as Fisher and Payton in this series. My point was Detroit Pistons have not beaten a team in the playoffs who was at full strength. All the teams the Pistons beat had injured PG's. Pistons play great team defense, so imagine a team who has an injured PG playings against a great defensive team. How would a football teams offense do against a great defense if their QB was playing injured?

No doubt if Pistons win the championship they have earned it. They also benefited greatly in playing injured teams. Pistons NEVER played a playoff team at full strength. Guess you people don't see that or don't want to see it. Still continue to think this Piston team is great.

I put 2units on Pistons -130 to win series to offset my 2unit Lakers series bet at -240. Lets see what happens. If Pistons win tonight they should win the series. Maybe I save myself $200. I think there are too many injuries for Lakers to overcome, and not to mention the officiating.

Good luck everybody tonight. Sorry you all have a hard time accepting the truth.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
during one of houston's runs sir charles had a severe groin strain and sam cassell sat in his crotch on one particular play.:confused:
you could argue c webber's injury is constantly killing the kings. last year peja- this year webber. injuries suck and they do affect outcomes, but every team has them - never at the right time.:shrug:

the lakers beat the t pups wo/cassell. how is this overlooked ?

regardless, the series is not over. if the pistons do beat la (please) then they deserve the title. the lakers are suffering from a severe lack of depth in this series. their lack of depth and discipline have not been challenged since early in the spurs series. jmo

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
You people have no clue what I am writing. I am not making up anything.

If Pistons win the NBA Championship, they will have beaten 4 teams in the playoffs. All 4 teams they have beaten were not at full strength. All 4 teams had injuries at PG and other key injuries. EVERY TEAM THE PISTONS FACED WAS NOT AT FULL STRENGTH! EVERY TEAM!!!!!! So Pistons might be a team who wins the NBA Championship without beating any team in the playoffs at full strength.

If Lakers win the NBA Championship, they will have beaten 4 teams in the playoffs. Only 1 team was not a full strength and that was the T-Wolves. Spurs, Rockets, and Pistons were at full strength.

Not rocket science. Not making it up. Very easy to understand. No doubt if Pistons win it all they deserve it. But I also think they had an easy road to an NBA championship.

You people are too funny. :lol2

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

spits

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2000
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Ticali 24,

After all of this babble, I guess we can agree on one thing.....the Pistons are going to be the NBA Champions due to their superior conditioning and strength training in comparison to the rest of the league who always seem to have players operating at less than 100%

Therefore congratulations goes out to Arnie Kandor, Detroit's strength and conditioning coach. He is the real MVP of the NBA playoffs! Heard the Lakers are looking to secure his services for next season.

SPITS

Manowar

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2004
Michigan
TICALLI, I'm guessing you're about 16-17. The seasoned cappers on here can tell you don't know SH!T from shinola.

Using whose healthy or not as an excuse? Try and find a team or coach who has used that in the past. Not part of the equation. Someone else has to step up. PERIOD.

Lakers wanted Payton and Mallone to help them make it easier on themselves. They got greedy and went for the future hall of famers, and are paying for the old men now.

One other reason I think your young (and stupid is the small amount you have in your account) Thats what I LEFT in my 5 accounts after I made my withdrawels from football season. And thats only seed money.

You're talking from your heart out of your ass son.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Let's end this thread...

ticali, let's say I concede that you have a point. Then tell me what kind of guy bets HALF his account on a team that isn't at full strength?