Please post your best bet, NO LOCKS PLEASE!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
Illinois + 10 1/2

Michigan State
Ndame is overrated(hard fought win)
Hawaii sucks
At Michigan next(could be looking ahead)

Illinois
Played Cal tough until 4th qtr
Came through against Rutgers
Zook first B-10 game will have team ready

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Louisville -20 :thumb:

I have played 13 big units on Louisville -20 @ South Florida. This line opened @ -22, and USF with their victory over UCF last week has helped move this line in my favor. This is my BIG EAST GOY! I'll explain why I am so confident.

Of the 2 QB?s USF uses, neither has been, can, or shows any sign of any time soon of producing even a decent passing game, which in reality is the only way a team can expect to score with any consistency against UL. Why do I say this? UL we all know has one of the best offenses in the country and they can put pts up in a hurry. USF can?t pass and you need to pass to get back in a game if a team jumps on you. USF rushes the ball decent but Louisville is ranked #5 in the country against the rush allowing only 44.5 yards per game and 1.4 RYAD.
HC Bobby Petrino knows that going 12-0 may not be good enough to get into National championship Game, even though other teams will have 1 loss. He has to have on his teams resume this season away wins of 30+points, beat West Virginia in Morgantown, and continue to completely overpower everyone else for a shot at the championship and big bucks for his school, the sinking Big East, and also for himself. He has the horses to do this against teams like USF whose home field advantage is non existent.

What is really particularly interesting is the opening line for the total in this game was 60, and now is 62.5. Who do you think will add points to this total?????? Louisville or USF?

Louisville is ranked # 7 in scoring offense averaging 47 points per game. USF is 1-10 ATS when they allow 21 or more pts! As I mentioned above, USF success against weaklings UCF and Div 1-AA have come via the ground with neither QB used having any success via the air even against this poor level of competition, they average only 137 yards per game and their passing defense is the only minor chink in UL's armor.

The first quarter especially this season against Oregon State and UK especially has been the only negative in this UL team, and all week according to the papers, HC Bobby Petrino has emphasized and challenged his team to put in a first quarter like they have in their second quarters the past two games when they have outscored their opponents 49-0 combined, allowing just 6 first downs combined, and holding teams to a -23 yds rushing combined.

Louisville is 8-1 ATS away vs an opponent off double digit SU win, and in a bigger picture they are 41-9 ATS when they win SU away.

20pt spread is a large number to cover so I really need motivation from UL to cover it. I think I covered that but here is the final touch to why Louisville will try and bury USF and put on an impressive performance. Louisville has the most active alumni chapter in Tampa, and as of today the AD, and several other school officials are in Tampa doing fundraisers, etc, and an expected 7,000+ tickets have been sold to UL supporters. Moreover 3/4 of the coaching staff arrives Thur. and will travel across the state to recruit in advance of Saturday?s game. This is a huge game for UL in so many ways as a lot of their blue chip players come from the state of Florida. UL NEEDS TO WIN BIG TO IMPRESS! Impress recruits! Impress polls! Impress the large # of UL fans at the game!

The weather in Tampa on Saturday evening is supposed to be ideal and calm. UL makes a huge statement Saturday night, and it doesn't hurt that some Cardinal players remember what happened in this stadium 2 years ago (an outright loss in OT). USF is 1-4 ATS vs opponent with revenge! HC Petrino has worked all week to turn up the screws on defense, and his team will respond.

I have been burned twice this year with refs. This is a Big East conference game so their shouldn't be any referee shenanigans. On a positive not, USF has been the most penalized team in Division -1A FB the past 4 years anyway.

An added bonus........

Louisville is 11-5 ATS last 16 games as conf. away favorites

Go Cardinals!

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
since i cashed LW with TT over Sam Houston, Im going back to the weeds and taking the South Dakota St. JACKRABBITS +11 vs a very tuff Cal Poly team ... My bunnies are playing in front of a raucous 15K and I hope after hitching the wagon train for 2 weeks, they will cover in the home confines ... LY they lost 14-7 to Poly ... For the morbid curiousity seekers, here's an official release on the tilt ... LW Dak St., as a big dog, lost 7-0 on rd. to Montana

No. 12 Cal Poly Visits South Dakota State for GWFC Opener

Mustangs (2-1) Climb in Rankings After Victory over Then-No. 11 Montana State

Download Weekly Press Release (pdf)

(9/19/05) SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. -- No. 12 Cal Poly (2-1) opens defense of its inaugural Great West Football Conference championship Saturday night, visiting South Dakota State (2-1) at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium (cap.: 15,000). It will be Cal Poly's first trip to Brookings, S.D.

Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. PDT and the second meeting between the two schools will be broadcast live on KXTY Radio (99.7 fm) as well as on the Internet at www.GoPoly.com with Randy Scovil doing the play-by-play.

Cal Poly, which dropped a 27-10 decision to Troy in the 2005 season opener, has beaten a pair of Big Sky Conference members in Mustang Stadium. The Mustangs defeated Sacramento State 37-13 in its home opener Sept. 10, then upset then-No. 11 Montana State 38-10 on Sept. 17.

South Dakota State opened its season with wins at home over Wisconsin-LaCrosse 42-13 and Valparaiso 69-6 before going on the road to face No. 4 Montana and losing 7-0 last Saturday.

South Dakota State has 14 returning starters and 26 other lettermen off a squad that went 6-5 a year ago in its first year of transition to Division I. The Jackrabbits, coached by John Stiegelmeier (ninth season, 50-39, South Dakota State '79), dropped their first game ever against Cal Poly, 14-7, in Mustang Stadium. Darrell Jones returned a punt 89 yards and Geno Randle ran eight yards for Cal Poly's only touchdowns of the game. Kenny Chicoine intercepted two passes, including one with four minutes to go in the game to thwart the Jackrabbits' last scoring threat.

Cal Poly, which moved up six spots in The Sports Network poll this week, returns 51 lettermen, including 12 starters and the punter, off a team that broke numerous school records and produced Buck Buchanan Award winner Jordan Beck, a third-round draft choice of the Atlanta Falcons. The team won its first seven games en route to the 9-2 mark. Only three teams in the 86-year history of the Mustang football program have won 10 games (1980, 1990 and 1997) and three others won nine games (1953, 1958 and 1973).

The 2005 Mustangs are led by defensive end Chris Gocong, No. 2 in balloting for the Buck Buchanan Award in 2004, along with wide receivers Jonah Russell and Jason Holmes, offensive linemen Beau Finato and Brett Gauld, safeties Aaron Williams and Kenny Chicoine, fullback Adam Martinez and quarterback Anthony Garnett, who started the final seven games of the 2004 season and passed for 1,711 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Garnett missed the opener at Troy with a fractured finger, but has started the last two games, completing 21 of 35 passes for 390 yards and one score. Redshirt freshman running back James Noble has a pair of 100-yard games in two career starts -- 108 yards on 20 carries and one TD against Sacramento State and 157 yards on 18 trips with one score against Montana State.

Junior cornerback Courtney Brown earned his third interception of the season, returning it 28 yards for a touchdown against Montana State, while Gocong recovered a Bobcat fumble in the endzone for another score. Cal Poly is 15-1 in its last 16 games in which the defense or special teams score a touchdown.

South Dakota State is led by running back Anthony Watson, who has rushed for 351 yards and five touchdowns in three games, averaging 9.0 yards per carry. Quarterback Andy Kardoes has completed 29 of 59 passes for 296 yards and two scores. Top Jackrabbit receiver is Josh Davis with 10 catches for 118 yards.

Cal Poly, with back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since moving to Division I-AA (7-4 in 2003), won its first seven games in 2004 and climbed as high as No. 5 in the national polls before falling to UC Davis and Eastern Washington. The Mustangs finished first in the nation in rushing defense and outscored their 11 opponents by an average of 30.5 to 16.6.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg