Poll: Do you feed your dog table scraps?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Poll: Do you feed your dog table scraps?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Nope, no table scrap feeding here.

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters

Skins1080

Forum Member
Jun 6, 2006
Interested to see whether you all feed the pooch table scraps or not.

Why do I ask? After reading this:

Feeding from the table encourages begging during meal times.
Source: from the Chicken Soup FAQ:

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
yep meats, fish & some veggies in is bowl after we are done & he doesn't beg :shrug:

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
If I did, I would have to cook for a small army. Nope 98% of the time I don't.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
never.

caught my kid doing it one day and i took my kids dinner plate and put it on the floor and made them eat with the dog. never had that problem again.

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
never.

caught my kid doing it one day and i took my kids dinner plate and put it on the floor and made them eat with the dog. never had that problem again.

Did he get to go for a walk when he was done :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
my dogs get it all. they even get mcdonalds sometimes. we can't even say the word mcdonalds because they go nuts. i know it's wrong but let them enjoy.

nice marine :rolleyes:

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
My dog is on a strict diet. He is spoiled though. I put mine in daycare while i'm at work. He is usually too tired to eat when I get him home.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
We feed our little guys it all too, but not too much usually just a small taste. Their favorite is crab, they can smell it and go ape shit when we have it. They love cheese too. My wife regularly feeds them raw carrots because the vet says it's good for them to keep their weight stable.

kneifl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Mr. Twiz gets a McDonalds double cheeseburger once a year after his annual visit to the vet. The rest of the time he is outside during dinner. Occasionally I'll throw a little roast beef his way.

krc

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Texas
Never...

When I was a kid the vet said that we helped our dog to a shorter life with all the scraps we feed her.

Just can't do it.

no begging and if I put a bone in the trash and go to work that bone will still be there when I get home.

krc

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
never.

Probably a better view than sitting at the table with you.

Typical military dad lol

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
My vet says I shouldn't but my whole family feeds dogs scraps and they all lived long lives.. My dogs will eat whatever I eat.. Drives my GF nuts sometimes but I had the dogs before her and probably after her too.:0corn

znine_7

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2003
We don't feed our dogs table scraps, but we do supplement their diet often. For example, if we eat tuna or salmon or any other type of fish, we will often put small chunks in their food or even just the juice. The rescue organization "Pugs n Pals" where we recently found our second dog even suggested cooking ground meat and veggies at the beginning of the week and mixing it in with their dry food throughout the course of the week. As far as shortening their life and using table scrapps, I understand that a dogs pancreas can't handle what a humans can and it can lead to a lot of problems. I'm no expert, just food for thought.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
my dogs get it all. they even get mcdonalds sometimes. we can't even say the word mcdonalds because they go nuts. i know it's wrong but let them enjoy.

nice marine :rolleyes:

totally agree. Part of the fun of having a dog is they are part of your family and eat what you eat and live inside. :)

It does encourage begging. That source you cited is absolutely correct. Is a dog begging bad? :D

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
I do not feed mine table scraps but cook the little spoiled bastards chicken breasts 2-3 times a week and they get to split one every night

and they are giving me the eye now like where is my chicken:mj07:

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
I disagree with the big moose, which doesn't happen all that often. Dogs are meant to live outside. (Of course, I don't own a lap dog either.... My labs live outside and I doubt they'd like it inside unless it's cold and I do bring them in if its going to be extreme.)

That's the great thing about dogs as opposed to cats...they love me regardless. :)

edit: Keep in mind that I've always said that if I am reincarinated when I die, I want to come back as a rich man's dog.... Spoiled bastids. LOL My dogs have it pretty damn good. :D

:SIB

Last edited: