Poll: Do you feed your dog table scraps?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Poll: Do you feed your dog table scraps?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Nope, no table scrap feeding here.

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
S

Slink Dawg

Treat a dog like a dog. They are dogs. They are meant to be outside. My dogs stay in the garage if it gets cold.
I hate seeing old people treat their pets better than their own children. I have seen Labs that look like walking four legged 55 gallon drums.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and guess which one will be glad to see you when you open it up. That is unconditional love.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
how u feel about dogs and their place in or out of the house is heavily dependent on how you were raised or if u had dogs growing up. All my acquaintances who have dogs inside had them growing up. All of them who grew up on the farm or otherwise had outside dogs will not think of having a dog inside.

I love having a dog inside. bigger the better. Too bad my wife is allergic to dogs :sadwave: , and we don't even own one!! :sadwave: Mom and dad still do though, and I love giving her "treats" from the table. Their dog that died before this one was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He weighed 80 pounds in his prime and most of his adult doghood. He was highly intelligent, could do any kind of trick, blind retrieves, and a few other hard field-work type retrieves. He was also a good hunter and retriever in real settings when we were actually hunting. He lived to be 15.5 years old, so I don't buy the story that they live a shorter life if u feed them from the table. We would have missed a lot of fun, enjoyment, and unconditional love (as said above) had 'Bear' not been an inside dog. :shrug: :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
pail full of water every couple of hours would do Sammy fine.......although the odd baked potato w/ cheese was her fav :)

dog-004.jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
make them live OUTSIDE?! :142smilie

mine SLEEPS with us :shrug: and under the covers when it's cold :SIB

i do have a one that lives in the garage because he never learned not to mark his territory everywhere in the house. he got many chances too.

jer-z jock

Blow $$ Fast
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2007
I do not feed mine table scraps but cook the little spoiled bastards chicken breasts 2-3 times a week and they get to split one every night

and they are giving me the eye now like where is my chicken:mj07:

Nice. I do the same for my dogs....feed them avoderm dry food and about 1 cup of diced chicken mixed in everyday, boneless chicken from the butcher with no seasoning, usuzlly just boiled. If you wanna give your dog a treat try a protien filled treat. One I give mines is:
Yogurt/peanur butter/raw egg/Salmon

I mix it all in a bowl...of course not a slushy mixture but more consistent of a cement mix, once it is mixed I form little palm size treats, in hamburger form or meatballs whichever u like..once they are rolled or patted I freeze them. Feed one per day after dinner. Great for the dogs--coat, and puts on a healthy weight.
I raise and breed American Staffordshire Terriers, THEY LOVE THEM and I think they hate me for not giving them more everyday,lol. Dogs are of the bully breed. I gave a "house dog" which I do not breed but she is fed the same as my kennel dogs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
make them live OUTSIDE?! :142smilie

mine SLEEPS with us :shrug: and under the covers when it's cold :SIB

i do have a one that lives in the garage because he never learned not to mark his territory everywhere in the house. he got many chances too.

my dog sleeps on the couch, our other one that died last year slept with us for 9 years, I miss her

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
my smallest dog, Mia, has dresses, hats and even sports a pair of sun glasses when the sun is bothering her :SIB

she's taking a "nappie" right now.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
My dog is on a strict diet. He is spoiled though. I put mine in daycare while i'm at work. He is usually too tired to eat when I get him home.

you are a certified PUSSY, you put your dog in a daycare:mj07: you probably have one of those annoying yapping ankle biters with painted nails to match yours

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Fuck it, I encourage anything or anyone to beg. I like all my bitches to beg and if all I have to do is throw her the odd piece of ham at dinner time then sign me the fuck up.
Sit..............
Beg................
Take it nice............
Make me a sandwich..............what?.................why not?.............get back outside then............bitch.

Seems good to me.

Hope this helps,
FDC

S

Slink Dawg

I can't believe people let dogs control their lives this much.

People, do you not have a life?

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I can't believe people let dogs control their lives this much.

People, do you not have a life?

The dogs don't control my life.. They are really nothing to take care of, I feed them scraps, put on an extra burger, hotdog, or piece of chicken. for them. Big Deal. :shrug: They sleep in the house, they have their own mattress on the floor in another room. They let me know when someone is at the door or on the property.. So that is a good sense of satisfaction.

Some people have more problems letting a woman run their lives.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
you are a certified PUSSY, you put your dog in a daycare:mj07: you probably have one of those annoying yapping ankle biters with painted nails to match yours

Some of us work all day. You will find a job soon, boy. Just keep letting that personality shine through on those interviews.

Skins1080

Forum Member
Jun 6, 2006
totally agree. Part of the fun of having a dog is they are part of your family and eat what you eat and live inside. :)

It does encourage begging. That source you cited is absolutely correct. Is a dog begging bad? :D

Wow, I never would've guessed that the poll would turn out like this--but hey, its proof that we're an honest group here :)

Its interesting b/c the begging part is obvious, but this is the crazy (but true) part:

Feeding table scraps also encourages finicky behavior. Your pet may begin "holding out" for the stuff that comes from the table.

Sounds like what a human would do!