Printer problems....need help from the computer experts!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Can't get the thing to print...have tried everything and yes it is plugged in. Canon BJC-210 model...old and cheap, but reliable...at least until now.

Any suggestions....I'm pretty computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance!

-ndnfan

Escrow_Tum

Forum Member
Mar 31, 2003
A Pineapple Under the Sea
Are you receiving any kind of error message if so what are they?

You may want to go to www.canon.com and see if you need to update the printer driver.

Also go to your control panel and look to see if that printer is still your default printer. If a lot of people use that comp, you never know what kind of goblins could have deleted it, or made a different printer the default.

Hope this gets the brain moving.

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
It's still the default printer. No error message of any kind. The printer icon will appear for about a sec on the task bar when I hit print, and then just disappear.

Will check out the canon site.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
You might try reloading the drivers. Sometimes that will work when they suddenly stop for no apparent reason. Try deleting the printer, reboot, and reinstalling it. See if that makes it work.

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Heaven, oh!!, this isn't it?!
Yep, me too!!!

Yep, me too!!!

Ndn,
I have been having the same sort of problem the last two weeks. Just got a new HP Office Jet 6110 All-in-one. I am running windows 98, Pentium II Processor, 288 MB Ram
Here are my statistics, as the guys usually ask for this;

Performance status says:
29% System Resources free
32-bit File System & Virual Memory
Disk Compression: Not installed (think this is a prob?)
Says my system is confiqured for optimal performance.
Should probably mention that my old HP Office Jet Series K is still hooked up, and that will print sometimes when the other will not, but I have the default set to the new one.

I have followed all the computer gurus on here, Redking, E-Z Money, CounttheStars, loungelizard, Blazer,...........lets see, who did I forget....and they have been very helpful.

Mine works only after reboots for a day or two. I have done the defrag, and scan disk(which I do run into problems with, it restarts 10 times even when I have all other windows closed, I know there are probably things running behind that I dont know about, but what to do?)

Hope you dont mind NDN by me bringing my issues into your thread, but I thought maybe some of our problems might be close to the same, and I know the good people here can help us both out. Thanks all....
Franky
P.S. By the way Pete, nice run in baseball :D

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Don't mind at all Franky. A bunch of helpful people in here. This is site is one of a kind...great place.

Well, no such luck so far. I've deleted out the printer and tried restalling and here's what I get when I try to print:

Internal error: Color adjustment methods will not be availabel. When I click cancel, I get this:

You do not have enough free memory to use BJ Series Printer Driver. Please close unused windows and application and try again. :shrug: I'm confused :confused:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Well, rebooted for the 3rd time and got the stupid thing to print finally, but still get those messages. Prints after I hit ok or cancel.
:confused: Strange!

redking

Jedi Knight
Forum Member
Jan 15, 2001
New Jersey
ndnfan,

that is strange...did you install any new programs that might run in the background, taking up memory space?

franky,

29% System Resources free is VERY low. Did you check your system specs after rebooting? Because Windows gradually loses resources after running for a while.

Happy 4th guys.

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Redking or anyone....

Redking or anyone....

Thanks for the help.
You were right, after I rebooted it showed 55% of system resources were free.
Still having the same problems, unable to scan disk, and print when the computer has been worked on for awhile........

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loungelizard

Forum Member
Nov 3, 1999
Lebanon Missouri
Franky,

to help with system resources, click on start, go to "run" type in - msconfig - go to startup and uncheck everything you don't use, when you reboot, the system will say you are using selective startup, just check the box that says do not show this again. If you notice you are missing something that you use regularly just go back to msconfig and check it. This will also or I say should help your system run faster as well. What is the problem with the printer? what operating system are you using, have you put in a new printer cartridge lately?

Peace,
LL

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
LL,
Thanks for the reply, here is what Iam dealing with.

The printer is one month old!!
I loaded the software per manuals, ......it worked, but only if I havent used my system alot(more than a day or two). Still have both printers hooked up. Iam networked with my wifes older machine although I dont think that is the problem(she cant print at all which is another issue.)

My system:
A non name Brand-Built by a friend, it has worked well for 6 years.
Genuine Intel Pentium? II Processor
Intel MMX ? Technology
288.0 MB Ram

Running Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.1998

Performance Status:
Memory: 288 ram
System Resources: 55-60% free after reboot
File System: 32-bit
Virtual Memory: 32-bit
Disk Compression: Not installed
PC Cards: None installed

I look forward to all your help.....Thanks a ton!!!
Franky
:D

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
"Still have both printers hooked up"

That might be part of the problem. Just to cover some basics, let's try this:

(on this page) Go to File, Print and tell me if it has the correct printer checked in the Select Printer window.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loungelizard

Forum Member
Nov 3, 1999
Lebanon Missouri
Franky,

The Monk may be on to something, I think I would start by removing the old printer, reboot and see what happens maybe using to much resources between the two. Let me know what happens.

LL

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Thanks guys.........

Thanks guys.........

Ok,
Monk:
Yes it does have the correct one listed, I think back, when I loaded the software, it prompted me to do this. And on occasion when new printer(6110) would not print for me, I would switch the name of the printer to the other one(K Series). Sometimes that would work,lol:shrug:

LL:
Monk, I will try that strategy also, but will need you to walk me throught that(very illiterate here,:( ,sorry). My guess is I go to Uninstall the software, or maybe just unplug it? Will try the latter first:)

Note: The error message I get sometimes refers to a "spooler process" problem, may that will help.

Franky
:)

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
Since you have a 6110, chances are you have fax or answering machine software pre-installed which is interfering with the print spooler.

Are you using Windows 95?

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
OK I think this should take care of it. Got these same problems from customers I had when I worked for GTE. :)

1. Choose Start, Settings, and Printers.

2. Right-click on the OfficeJet 6110 icon.

3. Choose Properties.

4. Select the Details tab.

5. Choose the Spool Settings button.

6. Choose the down arrow next to "Spool data format."

7. Change the setting from EMF to RAW.

8. Choose OK, Apply, and OK. Close the Printers window.

Let me know if this works.

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
:eek: :D :D :D
MONK,
You are the man!!!! Can not even begin to tell you all the trouble I have gone through to get this to work!! sheeze!

Bought a new Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom 5.0Megapixel camera and have been trying to get my posters/flyers done for my real estate businesses, to no avail. Just inserted the .jpg file and for the first time was able to print a document with the picture inserted......

I went so far as taking pictures in the most "reduced mode" 640x480 to get it to work, but not very good resolution!!

Just did what you said and BINGO.....Thanks a bunch buddy!!! :)
Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm doing with all these format picture commands that take for ever......lol.

Any help needed with building, real estate, and rentals, you guys let me know, I'll be there;)

Franky

P.S. Now I am curious as to what the heck you had me do what I did:confused: Just like to learn....thks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
Franky, glad to be of help man. Don't be shy to holler at me when you have any other problems and I will do my best to help out. ;)

Funny you mentioned you creating a flyer for your real estate business because I just finished making one for my pops the other day to help him sell his house.

House flyer

If you do not have Microsoft Publisher installed on your pc, you won't be able to view it. At any rate, I would recommend you use MS Publisher to create the flyers for your business as well. They have a ton of templates to choose from and they're more colorful and detailed to what you're looking for in a flyer. I can help you with that as well.

You can e-mail me at tmaculate1 AT yahoo DOT com :cool:

Anything else?

RAZ

Forum Member
Jun 8, 2001
my printer won't print in color, it is set on "auto" color. I am a mook and a half when it comes to this thing any suggestions? I have an "all in one" fax/scan/print hp 600, had the same problem w/ previous printer, kind of happened over night... don't know what happened. Any info greatly appreciated. Windows ME