question for you AR182........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
whats up AL,
Friend of my mom's daughter, early 20s a few years outta college just moved from here on Long Island out your ways...Baiscally she hated her job here etc and picked up to move to AZ, I'm sure shell love it now but hate it in the summer when its gorgeous here and she has to suffer in 110 degrees with rednecks, 1am closing times, and no mets and yankees bigtime baseball or new york city to party in, but its a novelty for her but I digress......I figure If I can't "hack it" in New York and do as well as Id like Im either hightailing it back to florida, or to vegas or AZ to live.....this girl moved to 78th street near Scottsdale Ave in Los Estados apts in Scottsdale...how is that area living wise she said its cheap dont know about safe, she have any good at a good job, etc? is it conducive at all to young people or just boring, white bread midwest retired folks? just curious as may be a point of reference at a later date, lotta people picking up and moving out west and south these days it seems for "greener pastures" but I dont know, thanks AL, see oyu in vegas once i can finalize my plans

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
whats up AL,
Friend of my mom's daughter, early 20s a few years outta college just moved from here on Long Island out your ways...Baiscally she hated her job here etc and picked up to move to AZ, I'm sure shell love it now but hate it in the summer when its gorgeous here and she has to suffer in 110 degrees with rednecks, 1am closing times, and no mets and yankees bigtime baseball or new york city to party in, but its a novelty for her but I digress......I figure If I can't "hack it" in New York and do as well as Id like Im either hightailing it back to florida, or to vegas or AZ to live.....this girl moved to 78th street near Scottsdale Ave in Los Estados apts in Scottsdale...how is that area living wise she said its cheap dont know about safe, she have any good at a good job, etc? is it conducive at all to young people or just boring, white bread midwest retired folks? just curious as may be a point of reference at a later date, lotta people picking up and moving out west and south these days it seems for "greener pastures" but I dont know, thanks AL, see oyu in vegas once i can finalize my plans

mike...

there is no scottsdale ave.....there is a scottsdale road...but that runs parallel to 78th street...need a better address to give you any info.

there really isn't any "unsafe" area in scottsdale....the crime rate is very low.

downtown scottsdale has a lot of night life & is filled with young people...also tempe has an active night life & is right next door to the southern part of scottsdale.

mike you really should change your attitude about people who live outside of ny.....there is a whole world outside of ny & you should open up your mind that people are basically the same in all parts of this country....& in canada for that matter.

am looking forward to meeting you in vegas.

Last edited:

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
AL,
I am guessing it is 78th road and scottsdale ave, that is the correct apt complex name...I think arizona is too much of a retirement area but im sure some 20s and 30s and gorgeous girls, no doubt...tempes awesome, gorgeous asu girls i bet, i'm jealous but im almost too old for that sadly
I get along with people, relax, not what I meant to imply, but I lived in Florida for a year and a half near mr kosar, and also buffalo for a year for school, and I can attest to my experiences there, not very good food and too slow paced for me, I know the world isnt based on NY but it's what I'm used to and if someone is too friendly to me I get weirded out, what can I say :shrug: and, in business is a different situation you are forced to be nice etc, I know you have to be social etc no kjidding... I just hate when you say asrcastic jokes and people look at you like you have seven heads like they did to me down there, and when you honk constantly and people look at you like you're from mars, etc, and eveeyrthing taking a long time service-wise etc you lived here AL did you turn into a soft, no-caring about anything guy in that arizona sun my man?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Arizona Tops Nevada to Become Nation's Fastest Growing State

Friday , December 22, 2006

WASHINGTON ? Arizona has ended Nevada's 19-year reign as the nation's fastest-growing state, fueled by immigrants and Americans moving from other states.

At the other end of the scale, Louisiana lost nearly 220,000 people ? more than any other state ? in the year following Hurricane Katrina, according to population estimates released Friday by the Census Bureau.

Arizona led the nation with a population growth rate of 3.6 percent in the past year, followed by Nevada, Idaho, Georgia and Texas.

"There are housing developments sprouting everywhere, whether they are on former farmland or in the desert," said Tom Rex, associate director of the Center for Competitiveness and Prosperity Research at Arizona State University.

The pace of development has strained Arizona's resources and preoccupied local officials, Rex said.

"All they can think about is getting the sewer lines out to the new housing and getting the roads in," he said.

Arizona added about 32,000 immigrants in the past year. It added four times that many people who were relocating from other states. The biggest donor state: California.

"It used to be merely a retirement magnet for Midwest seniors," said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank. "Now it's also a front door for immigrants from Mexico and an escape hatch for Californians seeking affordable housing."

The Census Bureau estimates annual state population totals using local records of births and deaths, IRS records of people moving within the United States and census statistics on immigrants. The bureau does not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, and most experts believe that the number of illegal immigrants is underestimated.

Among the findings for 2006:

?Texas gained the most people, about 580,000, followed by Florida, California, Georgia and Arizona.

?North Carolina broke into the top 10 in total population, nudging New Jersey to 11th.

?Four states and the District of Columbia lost population: Louisiana, New York, Rhode Island and Michigan.

Many other states lost people who relocated elsewhere in the country, increasing their populations only through births and immigration.

The South had a net gain of a half million people relocating there from other parts of the U.S., while the Northeast had a net loss of 375,000 people and the Midwest lost 184,000, according to the census estimates.

The West added 53,000 people from other parts of the U.S., even though California lost nearly 300,000 people to other states.

Texas passed Florida as the top destination, in part from people fleeing the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Other relatively affordable southern states such as Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee also had significant increases in people moving there from other states.

"Good climate and affordability seem to be the draws for Americans this decade," Frey said.

In the Northeast, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts continued to lose large numbers of people to other states. In the Midwest, the big losers were Illinois, Michigan and Ohio.

Louisiana had been losing people to other states for years before Hurricane Katrina hit, though the storm exacerbated the problem, said Elliott Stonecipher, a veteran Louisiana demographer and pollster. Last year's loss amounted to nearly 5 percent of the state's people.

"The numbers make it clear that Katrina has had an incredibly negative effect," Stonecipher said. "But pre-Katrina, Louisiana was already in trouble."

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
mike you really should change your attitude about people who live outside of ny.....there is a whole world outside of ny & you should open up your mind that people are basically the same in all parts of this country....& in canada for that matter.

As kosar would say "his cluelessness knows no bounds.":142smilie :mj07: :142smilie

j/k

had to get that shot in there:D Look forward to meeting you in Vegas. I hate NY, it's a dump so I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

kneifl

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
it's true. the guy prejudges every single place on the planet. if it ain't NYC it ain't worth a chit.

jesus, mike, get a grip. can't you see you piss people off with your crap?

and quit honking. what good does it do anyway?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
AL,
I think arizona is too much of a retirement area but im sure some 20s and 30s and gorgeous girls, no doubt...tempes awesome, gorgeous asu girls i bet, i'm jealous but im almost too old for that sadly

the valley of the sun used to be predominately for retirees...but that started to change about 10 years ago. there are quite a few younger people moving here because of the weather.

in business is a different situation you are forced to be nice etc, I know you have to be social etc no kjidding...

people eventually catch on that you are "forced" to be nice.

I just hate when you say asrcastic jokes and people look at you like you have seven heads like they did to me down there, and when you honk constantly and people look at you like you're from mars, etc, and eveeyrthing taking a long time service-wise etc you lived here AL did you turn into a soft, no-caring about anything guy in that arizona sun my man?

i'm very sarcastic....& don't care what people think of my humor....you shouldn't change if you are comfortable with who you are....

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
it's true. the guy prejudges every single place on the planet. if it ain't NYC it ain't worth a chit.

jesus, mike, get a grip. can't you see you piss people off with your crap?

Jack, cmon now bud, you dont even know me and like to bash me :shrug: I didnt say other plkaces arent good, but you midwest guys live to BASH the east coast at every instance you can how NY is dirty, etc etc, and half you guys never been there so thats just as bad.......Honking? well if some moron doesnt signal and cuts me off etc I get pissed off and they should hear about it, no? :shrug: Jack, you know as well as I do, if you put most jews in Indiana where you live would we be received well? Is there a temple within a 75 mile radius? Not opening a can of worms but I've been to some places not just in a shell here, I didnt piss anyone off AL is from here and I was just asking him about his experiences :shrug:

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
As kosar would say "his cluelessness knows no bounds.":142smilie :mj07: :142smilie

j/k

had to get that shot in there:D Look forward to meeting you in Vegas. I hate NY, it's a dump so I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

kneifl

Oh Johnny....:violin: :violin: a dump eh? as if DC is lovely, highest crime rate in the country almost:rolleyes: altho virginia is very nice definitely, as I said in earlier post the ignorance of ny-bashers is worse than my so called ignorance bashing other places, but nobody sees that :shrug: anyway kniefl good luck to your cowboys monday, Philly is the only team I hate more than you guys :142smilie I'll be at the meadowlands sunday, my team has their own problems right now

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
i'm very sarcastic....& don't care what people think of my humor....you shouldn't change if you are comfortable with who you are....

I hear you AL, but many instances I made cracks at work at one f my various jobs I had like pairs of socks down there, and sarcasm offended people becaause they thought I was being serious with them :shrug: oh well, you may as well just be a mindless, "nice" person I guess in most places and say howdy and y'all, thank god arizona has a lot of transplants, altho vegas has some seedy elements maybe thatd be a nice place to live, wtf do I know, I dont like staying any place too long so I guess thats my problem

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Jack, cmon now bud, you dont even know me and like to bash me :shrug: I didnt say other plkaces arent good, but you midwest guys live to BASH the east coast at every instance you can how NY is dirty, etc etc, and half you guys never been there so thats just as bad.......Honking? well if some moron doesnt signal and cuts me off etc I get pissed off and they should hear about it, no? :shrug: Jack, you know as well as I do, if you put most jews in Indiana where you live would we be received well? Is there a temple within a 75 mile radius? Not opening a can of worms but I've been to some places not just in a shell here, I didnt piss anyone off AL is from here and I was just asking him about his experiences :shrug:
i consider myself an east coast guy that happens to be living in indiana.

you bash every place, even places you're never been to, by prejudging them. where you get some of these thoughts, i'll never know. maybe the way you were raised?

i just hate 'honking' and even when i'm cut off and have close to accident, i don't honk. WTF does that accomplish? but that's just me.

i've been to NY and liked it just fine but would NEVER want to live there. seems that everybody has the same attitude as you. in a hurry, not friendly and pretty much nasty.

i hate lines. i like peace and quiet. i like friendly people and i don't like crowds. you can have it! and, like i said, it's nice for a visit for me.

if you lived here, how would they even know you're Jewish? and, you would be received just fine. quit being so paranoid.

happy holidays and i guess i'll see you in vegas. can't wait to hear your opinion about vegas after you've been there. you've already prejudged it and were wrong on most of your views but then again, you've NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE!

:shrug:

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
i consider myself an east coast guy that happens to be living in indiana.

you bash every place, even places you're never been to, by prejudging them. where you get some of these thoughts, i'll never know. maybe the way you were raised?

i just hate 'honking' and even when i'm cut off and have close to accident, i don't honk. WTF does that accomplish? but that's just me.

i've been to NY and liked it just fine but would NEVER want to live there. seems that everybody has the same attitude as you. in a hurry, not friendly and pretty much nasty.

i hate lines. i like peace and quiet. i like friendly people and i don't like crowds. you can have it! and, like i said, it's nice for a visit for me.

if you lived here, how would they even know you're Jewish? and, you would be received just fine. quit being so paranoid.

happy holidays and i guess i'll see you in vegas. can't wait to hear your opinion about vegas after you've been there. you've already prejudged it and were wrong on most of your views but then again, you've NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE!

:shrug:

Fair enough, Jackson.....to each's own, I can see both views.... Prejudging places based on reading about them, knowing people who've been to them, etc, just like you and kosar think everyone in south florida is an old annoying retired new yorker :mj07: .....no, honking doesnt "accomplish" anything, but it shows your distaste for that moron in front of you, and lets my anger out, if it happened to you more often you'd see, i'm sure there everyone lets you in, doesnt cut people off, etc......
jackson, i wouldnt agree w/ur classification, thats a stereotype, no people arent overly friendly, but I dont think they shbould be :sadwave: minding your own business and being giving a crap about getting somewhere timely is better to me than waiting forever on line everywhere you go because the clerks chat up every single person, I'm a big fan of efficiency, least you said its a nice place to visit, we'll leave it at that....
I've actually read up on vegas b/c i like geography stuff and may move outta here at some point, hard to give an evaluation on being on the strip though thats not living there....and, over a few drinks and blackjack there wont be any arguing, nmot a chance in hell, it's not my way, but so many people on here bash things they've never seen, been to, etc even though I started this one, NY just gets a terrible rap from middle america and it's not justified

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
mike...

why do you care if people give ny a bad rap ?

i couldn't care less what people say about ny or any other place.

i have always said that people are missing out (theater,museums, etc...) if they don't go visit ny a few times. but that's their loss.

as i said before people are basically the same wherever you go....there are nice people, there are idiots, there are intelligent people, there are bigoted people all over.you just learn to deal with it.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
i i've been to NY and liked it just fine but would NEVER want to live there. seems that everybody has the same attitude as you. in a hurry, not friendly and pretty much nasty.

Pretty much sums up the same NY that i have come to dislike. Its even easy to get hit by a car because these people are so impatient. When you go into a club keep and eye on your old lady because these Italian (Rocky Balboa) knuckleheads will be all over her like flies on shit. And i am part Italian.Some of the most ignorant people i have ever met. Now in Pittsburgh its a whol4e different ballgame. You will meet some of the nicest people on the planet.

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
yeah sponge, well if you want gumbas hitting on your girlfriend go to Philly, far far worse, and the people are real jerks, but theres an element of that in NY in staten island type places yes no question.....you wont get hit by a car if you keep your head up, jeez, dont have to be oblivious with your map and fanny pack or yes you might get a close encounter.....
You're right AL, I shouldnt worry about it, but its real pervasive by so many people Ive encountered wholl remain nameless, they are missing out if they never visit, I wish I took advantage more of the culture stuff but its noy my thing and Im oly a 35 min train ride away, you're right though, my statements about people were more generalities aout what Ive seen and heard etc and what others have told me as a whole, of course you can find specific cases of everyone anywhere

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
yeah sponge, well if you want gumbas hitting on your girlfriend go to Philly, far far worse, and the people are real jerks, but theres an element of that in NY in staten island type places yes no question.....you wont get hit by a car if you keep your head up, jeez, dont have to be oblivious with your map and fanny pack or yes you might get a close encounter.....
You're right AL, I shouldnt worry about it, but its real pervasive by so many people Ive encountered wholl remain nameless, they are missing out if they never visit, I wish I took advantage more of the culture stuff but its noy my thing and Im oly a 35 min train ride away, you're right though, my statements about people were more generalities aout what Ive seen and heard etc and what others have told me as a whole, of course you can find specific cases of everyone anywhere

most of my friends growing in b'klyn were "gumbas"....not one ever hit on another's girlfriend. they were respectful of other people. so don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
most of my friends growing in b'klyn were "gumbas"....not one ever hit on another's girlfriend. they were respectful ofm other people. so don't know what you're talking about.

that was sponge who said that AL, not me.....I have seen a lot of that element out here on the Island, and in some areas oy NYC it all varies, I didnt say the girlfriend comment though that was sponge

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
yeah sponge, well if you want gumbas hitting on your girlfriend go to Philly, far far worse, and the people are real jerks, but theres an element of that in NY in staten island type places yes no question.

Yes its bad in Philly too but no way as bad. These New Yorkers will ask every girl in the bar for a date until one finally says yes. They throw shit at the wall until one pile sticks. They are obnoxious snakes who won't let up. You go to the bathroom and the next thing you know there are fifty of them around your girl.
i dont recll calling anyone a gumba lol.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006

not to go off topic but may i honk at the person who gets in the right turning lane when there are two lanes just to go straight? Or when there are two lanes but somehow the guy who should be in the left lane is more in the center and now i can't get by and turn? Or the brake banger who keeps hitting the brakes but nobody is in front of him?
One time i got out of the car and politely said to a woman "hun do you know if you would just move over one foot the thirty of us turning can get home". She replied "sponge (don't know how she knew my name) don't you see me on my cell phone?"