question for you AR182........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
not to go off topic but may i honk at the person who gets in the right turning lane when there are two lanes just to go straight? Or when there are two lanes but somehow the guy who should be in the left lane is more in the center and now i can't get by and turn? Or the brake banger who keeps hitting the brakes but nobody is in front of him?
One time i got out of the car and politely said to a woman "hun do you know if you would just move over one foot the thirty of us turning can get home". She replied "sponge (don't know how she knew my name) don't you see me on my cell phone?"

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
You're right AL, I shouldnt worry about it, but its real pervasive by so many people Ive encountered wholl remain nameless, they are missing out if they never visit

You can 'name' me, no problem. You're right, i've never been to NYC and I don't care if I ever go. When I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 6 years, I got my cure for that desire.

Missing out on what? WTF do you do up there that one just 'can't miss' in NYC?

Go to Giants games in New Jersey? When you're home from school, do you even leave Long Island to explore all these wonderful things? Get out and about, my good man! There is a big world out there.

And 'honking' is idiotic and obnoxious, unless it's an effort to avoid an accident before it happens, not using it as some sort of perceived punishment. Honking at somebody because they're going too slow, or they cut you off, is ignorant.

Muttering under your breath while riding someones ass at 80MPH because they won't 'move over' is a signature move of a driver from NY. No offense to you personally.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
not to go off topic but may i honk at the person who gets in the right turning lane when there are two lanes just to go straight? Or when there are two lanes but somehow the guy who should be in the left lane is more in the center and now i can't get by and turn? Or the brake banger who keeps hitting the brakes but nobody is in front of him?
One time i got out of the car and politely said to a woman "hun do you know if you would just move over one foot the thirty of us turning can get home". She replied "sponge (don't know how she knew my name) don't you see me on my cell phone?"

spongy...that`s really funny.......:clap: :yup

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
You can 'name' me, no problem. You're right, i've never been to NYC and I don't care if I ever go. When I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 6 years, I got my cure for that desire.

Missing out on what? WTF do you do up there that one just 'can't miss' in NYC?

Go to Giants games in New Jersey? When you're home from school, do you even leave Long Island to explore all these wonderful things? Get out and about, my good man! There is a big world out there.

And 'honking' is idiotic and obnoxious, unless it's an effort to avoid an accident before it happens, not using it as some sort of perceived punishment. Honking at somebody because they're going too slow, or they cut you off, is ignorant.

Muttering under your breath while riding someones ass at 80MPH because they won't 'move over' is a signature move of a driver from NY. No offense to you personally.

we shall agree to disagree then, in general.....basically, you are making generalizations about people from here based on living in fort lauderdale, 1200 miles away, down there you get all the clowns from here who wanted to get an easier life in warmer weather who failed here often times and are bitter, I may be among those in a few years so I'm not dipsaraging it but it's true, you're a bit of a creature of habit which is well and good, but you'd like it if you came in the summertime, you admitted liked the jersey shore so...
I admit, I am not mr.culture, no disagreement, even if you are an east coast hater midwest guy, to go walk around times square, empire st building, wall st, see a nice play, eat at some amazing restaurants, etc, everyone should do once even AL said that...Yes, when I'm home in summer and from school I go to the city, usually only to get sloshed (but bars open till 4am minnimum, another plus!), and you can get an omelette at 3-4am if you desire anywhere.....I guess I just like the general culture of the east coast bette it fits my persoality more...I know these are minor things but I guess one gets used to surroundings, I enjoyed florida I can't deny, but have said I like FTL far more than your coast and could see myself living there, somehow you like the west coast better and I'd strongly disagree....
Honking is "obnoxious" ok, so is some moron in their cadillac as sponge said, hitting their brakes every 3 seconds with nobody in front of them, or having their signal on and not moving over, or drifting into your lane repeatedly, etc, I dont think this kind of crap should be endorsed with a smile and a wave by guys like you...I don't advocate a nascar speedway like I-95 there, but smiling and not caring when people drive like sleeping idiots isnt the answer either

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
but hate it in the summer when its gorgeous here and she has to suffer in 110 degrees with rednecks, 1am closing times, and no mets and yankees bigtime baseball or new york city to party in,:SIB

but its a novelty for her but I digress......I figure If I can't "hack it" in New York and do as well as Id like Im either hightailing it back to florida, or to vegas or AZ to live....

:142smilie :142smilie

is it conducive at all to young people or just boring, white bread midwest retired folks?:shrug:

picking up and moving out west and south these days it seems for "greener pastures" but I dont know, thanks AL, see oyu in vegas once i can finalize my plans
:142smilie :142smilie

you know you aint leaving moms house.

not now not ever. !:142smilie :142smilie

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
25_johnflansburgh_lgl.jpg

down there you get all the clowns from here who wanted to get an easier life in warmer weather who failed here often times and are bitter, I may be among those in a few years so I'm not dipsaraging it but it's true, you're a bit of a creature of habit which is well and good, but you'd like it if you came in the summertime, you admitted liked the jersey shore so...
I admit, I am not mr.culture, no disagreement,

:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
04.jpg

Hey NY - why dont you move to the desert and be a camel jockey. Thats as close as you will ever come to some pussie.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
AL,

I get along with people, relax, not what I meant to imply, but I lived in Florida for a year and a half near mr kosar, and also buffalo for a year for school, and I can attest to my experiences there, not very good food and too slow paced for me, I know the world isnt based on NY but it's what I'm used to and if someone is too friendly to me I get weirded out, what can I say :shrug: and, in business is a different situation you are forced to be nice etc, I know you have to be social etc no kjidding... I just hate when you say asrcastic jokes and people look at you like you have seven heads like they did to me down there,

I dont know why this is so funny to me the second time around.

freelancc

Forum Member
Aug 18, 2002
Nevada
i have a second home in Arizona now.. there is a lot to like about Arizona.. ;)

i am sure NYsportsfan could fit in somewhere in Arizona..:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
free

could he still make some smart alec remarks without people looking at him like he had a orange cone on his head ?

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i like orange cones :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg