Red River Rivalry

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Oklahoma- Texas
Tough game with Texas -5.5 over Oklahoma
Been on the train riding Texas but not sure if I want to get off. Texas is ranked 3rd in the country. Ewers at qb is the real deal everyone is doubling Xavier that the Geo transfer portal wr Mitchell was named B-12 offensive player of the year with 10 or 11 catches last week as X man was doubled teamed . Mitchell was wide open vs Kansas last week Brooks the Texas rb had over 200 yds and is making people forget Bijon Robinson . Texas OL is dominating and any of us here could run through their openings and gain 2.5 yds . But Texas Defensive front 7 is the key.They are solid and with Def preseason Player of Year Ford at Lb they can shut you down BUT this defesne has seen 3 straight backup qb's in Rice Baylor and Wyoming. So is the defense that good or they hadn't gone up against the No 1 qb of those teams .. Now on Saturday they see the pre-season POY in B-12 qb in Gabriel . He can run and pass. Last yr in 49-0 Texas blowout win he got hurt ..So the rematch and revenge are a factor..
This game is one of the biggest rivalry games in football . My wife is from east Texas[ Paris} and the reason its called the red river rivalry is because the red river separates the two states borders. When I started dating my girlfriend my soph year in college she lived about 10 miles south of the red river in Paris Texas.. The river was not red But the clay along both sides of the states was red . I was actually looking to see if the river was really red It wasn't but being an 19 yr old from NY it didn't take me time to realize people from Texas and Oklahoma hate each other. In 1969 a dorm councilor took us to Commerce Street in downtown Dallas and it was wild 1,000 of cars bumper to bumper The game is played at a neutral site Dallas with both campus's 100 miles away. The crowd is split 50/50 and as walked the streets their were 100's of policemen on every block They were arresting drunks fans and had paddy wagons to take you to jail. If you didn't have your draft card with you ,you were arrested. Its 1969 and the Vietnam War was going on . As cars drove by you they had the hook'im horns or the down hook'im beeping horns .. We were yelling NY Mets since they were playing in the world series the same week Back later

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Have gone back and forth on this game Texas is 5-0 and ranked no 3 in the country But they have faced a backup qb in every game . Kansas Bean,Baylors Robertson and Wyoming's Svoboda etc So is their defense that good or just dominating teams with back up qbs. OU qb is the pre-season B-12 POY in Gabriel He is a 5th yr senior and was hurt in last yrs 49-0 blowout loss to Texas. He can throw and pass.. His stats are 19-22,19-27,28-31 vs Tulsa,26-38 and 26-39 vs Iowa st last week .. Damn thats some pretty good stats. He has 15 td's and his completion rate is over 75%. But the teams he played are suspect Ark St Tulsa Smu Cinncy .. He will face the best defensive team he has seen all year and Texas will face the best qb they have seen . You have 2 elite qb going head to head So I am going to continue to drink the Longhorn kool aide and take Texas -5 over Oklahoma. Not a big play because in these rivalry games adrenalin and motivation are key factors..
My freshman year at North Texas our anatomy lab instructor name was Harry. He was from Oklahoma and on a quiz worth 10 points a bonus question was " where is the best State Capital in the US Now everyone knew he was from Oklahoma and he wanted those 30 lab students to write Oklahoma City. And they did as we handed in our quiz. But then he saw my Albany NY answer and just shook his head. Everyone in that class answered Ok City except me. And I needed those extra 10 points more then anybody but I was a thick headed stubborn fool and didn't get the bonus points. He nick named me Albany the rest of the year. Would I do that today . Have to think about that . Think I would of caved in and said Ok City. So am going to stay on the Texas train and think with their superior defense ,Brooks at RB and OL line and def Front 7 and Ewers at qb they get a touchdown win vs OU
Texas -5 over OU ***
Back later with a few more Should pass on this game but to much media and kool aide backing the Longhorns Was in downtown Austin last night and the streets were jam packed with crazy students yelling and screaming Longhorn football .

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Oklahoma- Texas
Tough game with Texas -5.5 over Oklahoma
Been on the train riding Texas but not sure if I want to get off. Texas is ranked 3rd in the country. Ewers at qb is the real deal everyone is doubling Xavier that the Geo transfer portal wr Mitchell was named B-12 offensive player of the year with 10 or 11 catches last week as X man was doubled teamed . Mitchell was wide open vs Kansas last week Brooks the Texas rb had over 200 yds and is making people forget Bijon Robinson . Texas OL is dominating and any of us here could run through their openings and gain 2.5 yds . But Texas Defensive front 7 is the key.They are solid and with Def preseason Player of Year Ford at Lb they can shut you down BUT this defesne has seen 3 straight backup qb's in Rice Baylor and Wyoming. So is the defense that good or they hadn't gone up against the No 1 qb of those teams .. Now on Saturday they see the pre-season POY in B-12 qb in Gabriel . He can run and pass. Last yr in 49-0 Texas blowout win he got hurt ..So the rematch and revenge are a factor..
This game is one of the biggest rivalry games in football . My wife is from east Texas[ Paris} and the reason its called the red river rivalry is because the red river separates the two states borders. When I started dating my girlfriend my soph year in college she lived about 10 miles south of the red river in Paris Texas.. The river was not red But the clay along both sides of the states was red . I was actually looking to see if the river was really red It wasn't but being an 19 yr old from NY it didn't take me time to realize people from Texas and Oklahoma hate each other. In 1969 a dorm councilor took us to Commerce Street in downtown Dallas and it was wild 1,000 of cars bumper to bumper The game is played at a neutral site Dallas with both campus's 100 miles away. The crowd is split 50/50 and as walked the streets their were 100's of policemen on every block They were arresting drunks fans and had paddy wagons to take you to jail. If you didn't have your draft card with you ,you were arrested. Its 1969 and the Vietnam War was going on . As cars drove by you they had the hook'im horns or the down hook'im beeping horns .. We were yelling NY Mets since they were playing in the world series the same week Back later
Enjoyed this!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ndraider

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2023
Have gone back and forth on this game Texas is 5-0 and ranked no 3 in the country But they have faced a backup qb in every game . Kansas Bean,Baylors Robertson and Wyoming's Svoboda etc So is their defense that good or just dominating teams with back up qbs. OU qb is the pre-season B-12 POY in Gabriel He is a 5th yr senior and was hurt in last yrs 49-0 blowout loss to Texas. He can throw and pass.. His stats are 19-22,19-27,28-31 vs Tulsa,26-38 and 26-39 vs Iowa st last week .. Damn thats some pretty good stats. He has 15 td's and his completion rate is over 75%. But the teams he played are suspect Ark St Tulsa Smu Cinncy .. He will face the best defensive team he has seen all year and Texas will face the best qb they have seen . You have 2 elite qb going head to head So I am going to continue to drink the Longhorn kool aide and take Texas -5 over Oklahoma. Not a big play because in these rivalry games adrenalin and motivation are key factors..
My freshman year at North Texas our anatomy lab instructor name was Harry. He was from Oklahoma and on a quiz worth 10 points a bonus question was " where is the best State Capital in the US Now everyone knew he was from Oklahoma and he wanted those 30 lab students to write Oklahoma City. And they did as we handed in our quiz. But then he saw my Albany NY answer and just shook his head. Everyone in that class answered Ok City except me. And I needed those extra 10 points more then anybody but I was a thick headed stubborn fool and didn't get the bonus points. He nick named me Albany the rest of the year. Would I do that today . Have to think about that . Think I would of caved in and said Ok City. So am going to stay on the Texas train and think with their superior defense ,Brooks at RB and OL line and def Front 7 and Ewers at qb they get a touchdown win vs OU
Texas -5 over OU ***
Back later with a few more Should pass on this game but to much media and kool aide backing the Longhorns Was in downtown Austin last night and the streets were jam packed with crazy students yelling and screaming Longhorn football .
Agree on your selection, no need to over think
This one. Both teams better than last year but
Texas got them then and is still the better team
Now.

Good luck on your plays

dms79

Forum Member
Dec 16, 2010
Agree on your selection, no need to over think
This one. Both teams better than last year but
Texas got them then and is still the better team
Now.

Good luck on your plays

Fun game to agonize over but…

College football has large cards and it’s clear you think this line is pretty efficient.

Why not spend your effort handicapping elsewhere?*

*I love that you’re agonizing over the game and appreciate your insights.

Ndraider

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2023
Fun game to agonize over but…

College football has large cards and it’s clear you think this line is pretty efficient.

Why not spend your effort handicapping elsewhere?*

*I love that you’re agonizing over the game and appreciate your insights.
? wasn't replying to you. Appreciate box and ones insight and believe he's on the right side.

I'll wait for your insightful thread on the game to
Get the Winner👍

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Iron City

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2021
Pittsburgh
Box, A.K.A. Albany, Great write up my man! Wish you lived in the Iron City. We'd be getting some good breakfast at a greasy spoon, breaking down these games. Best of Luck-Mark

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Thanks for comments guys Texas -5 not going to get off the train Think Tex defense contains Gabriel somewhat but don't think OU defense can stop Ewers and company

Toledo -18.5 over UMass ****
Blowout...
Rice -9 over UConn ***
North Texas +5 over Navy ***
Homer play

Ok St +10.5 over K-state **
blackout in Stillwater tonight
Wash St +3 over UCLA **
Cameron Ward Cameron Ward and Cameron Ward

Tex St +3 over UL Laf ****
Incarnate Word coach who had Cameron 2 years ago is making big time noise in San Marcus . Beat Baylor was no fluke. These guys are for real . Kinne doing outstanding job for Tex St and they have the secret weapon Ismail Mahdi all purpose back who no one outside of San Marcus heard of. A Houston Christian transfer who I thinks leads the country in all purpose yds A home run hitter Tex St will ride Mahdi and win the Sun Belt 2 years ago Kinne the coach comes into San marcus with the best qb in the country in Ward.. Ward transfers to Wash st and now he finds Mahdi So this former Incarnate Word coach has the Bobcats on the rise ..

Bet on MyBookie