RIP a few we knew

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Pete Rose talent wise deserves to be in the Hall of Fame . But he lied and lied and lied for years. I don't think anyone questions his talent and is deserving to be in the Hall but he lied and lied tried to say Bowie and Gimarco were after them He actually went after them calling them out. I heard him one night on the national radio show he told everybody that it was a vendetta against him and the baseball commissioners were lying and knew the truth. Not sure if he would of got off if he just admitted that he did gamble. But lets not forget he went on the offensive about his accusers and ran a few conspiracies theories . His talent was never in question and his stats deserved to be in the Hall of Fame. But this guy lied and lied. I'm listening to all his accolades today in his memory and he over and over and over again lied that he never bet. What bothers me is that he went on the offensive and made up things that " baseball" was against me. He finally came clean and admitted he had lied. I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. Like he said there are many in the Hall that had some pasts But today although we remember him on the field he made up lies and lies and accused the baseball czars of going after him. May he rest in Peace but lets not forget his denials and accusations he made on those that challenged him. I don't think he ever had anything to do with losing a game on purpose or throwing a game. I think most of us understand his betting and when he called for the bullpen and John Franco was warming up and Pete asked him " what was the Notre Dame football score at halftime.. And again one of the greatest baseball players passed away today and his stats deserve to be in Hall of Fame . And I agree but lets not forget his denials and accusations he made on those that opposed him ...Rest in Peace Pete .

Reactions: Another Steve
Bet on MyBookie