Run Lines vs. Money Lines ..... FRIDAY

beertime

Forum Member
Aug 22, 2000
denver
ive been tracking and looking for something in the run line catagory lately and plan to start posting them in a few days with a record.

im playing only teams that covered the 1.5 as a fav the prevoius game and are a fav the next game. play them until they lose this situation.

i dont play a team if the -1.5 includes a
minus 120 or whatever, just even or plus money.

i play any favorite against pitt and tampa and if they lose 1 unit i bet two the next night, 3 the next etc.

this is all just based on momentum and catching teams on a streak.so far its making money.

my thinking is if you can hit 50% on these the run line bonuses will slowly add up.of course ive been wrong many times before but this is my latest experiment.

good subject for discussing tho.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by beertime (edited 06-06-2001).]

bmc

Forum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Mo.
Saw something that looked interesting today based on my VERY limited knowledge of run lines.
Gameday moneyline:
Ana -115
Tx -105
Runline:
Ana +1.5 -200
Tx -1.5 +180
Moneyline fav gets points, line adjusted accordingly.
Dunno how often this happens.
Maybe some of you who watch run lines regularly would know.

JohnWise

Forum Member
May 21, 2001
Run lines are generally of the 20 cent variety. Most people play 10 cent money lines. Right away, your odds are better. A line only has to move 5 points in a money line to get to break even. Has to move 10 points in a run line to do so. I do like run lines when I've already played the fav and action goes the other way. A nice hedge.
For what it's worth.

Bet on MyBookie