Saints vs Vikings

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
It's up to the coaching staff to continue keep the offense out of too many 3rd and long situations..

The 3rd and relatively short yardage has been bread and butter ..........

It is one the areas the whole offense improved on during this season.

Year after year watching this team have to trot out the D that was already tired is now history.

Case is mobile and has patience. It took a little while,the second half of the Skins game w/the 2 picks

in week #9 and Vikes were up big Zimmer let him know "button it up."

Saints D has gigantic holes witness the 450 yards of offense by Carolina in the Dome just last week.

Brees will certainly has some success but Saints should be one dimensional offense and that leads to sacks

and turnovers.

Offense breakdown vs Saints based on production weeks 9-16>>>>>>>>> 31 passes attempted and complete 22 for 240 yards 2 TD's ///Rushing 38 times including 2 kneel outs for 135 yards 1 TD////FG 2 OF 2 .

Vikings 27 points score

quite doable considering Carolina settled for 5 FG attempts during the above mentioned 450 yards of offense.

14.8 THE KEY NUMBER that's the average points allowed by the Vikings for the 2017 season.

The Saints have Drew Brees ...lets tack on two scoring possessions of 10 points for the first ballot Hall of Famer vs the best defense in football...Still not enough for a team to go into the dome full of screaming fans who have had their hearts ripped out over and over again in pursuit of that 5th trip to "The Super Bowl."

The best part about the trip is they wouldn't even have to pack a bag.

:SIBcertain points reiterated but they can't be overstated.

it is what it is..........

Last edited:

Dr Feelgood

StonedPimp
Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Las Vegas
Ok I get what you are saying but let's flip it around. where are the Saints quality wins? they beat carolina and Atlanta but lost to Rams and Vikes. they just lost to Tampa 2 weeks ago. Saints D is soft. Keenum still is the #7 rated passer in football and #1 vs blitz. reminds me of Rodgers going out to San Fran and getting ass kicked by Kap

Saints had a tougher strength of schedule and that has been money IN THE FIRST ROUND (especially dogs with the tougher strength of schedule) recently...not sure how it has played in the 2nd round but it would make sense the better battle tested team is better prepared for playoff football....

I'm leaning Saints at +4...if this was an outside game I would be hammering the Vikes, no questions asked...but the dome is a wash if the Saints can take a lead...just my opinion

Bet on MyBookie