SC vs Auburn

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I have heard that Fargas will not play. Don't know if it is true, I just heard it from a fellow alum who usually follows the team closely. Supposedly he is injured.

I am really trying to stay away from this game. I don't recall USC playing an SEC team in recent years so it is a tough call from that perspective. I also don't recall Auburn coming out west in recent years. I know USC has had a couple of nice early season wins vs. big conference opponents in the past, but they haven't gotten the job done in recent years in those situations.

One thing I worry about as far as the spread is concerned is USC's schedule. With a schedule like theirs, there is no incentive to blow a team out. If they finish 12-0 with non-conference wins over Auburn, Colorado, Notre Dame and Kansas State, they are in the Fiesta Bowl without question. Margin of victory won't mean crap with a schedule like that.

I also want to point out that I honestly believe that USC lines are always too high because there are too many wealthy alums that blindly bet USC every game for large sums (I must admit I've done just that in the past). This is also labor day weekend so if you believe action in Vegas drives lines at all, I would bet that there are a ton of USC alums from LA that were expected to come to Vegas and bet USC even if the line was as high as 7 or 8.

I am passing, obviously. I wouldn't bet against USC because expectations are just way higher than Auburn's expectations and often an early cross country trip is tough.

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
That guy from SI hasn't been doing to poorly, 5-0 last week, had Miami (OH) this week to go 4-1. Not too shabby. That equals 9-1 SU and ATS.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mansa_musa

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2001
Las Vegas, NV USA
Nick Douglas

"If they finish 12-0 with non-conference wins over Auburn, Colorado, Notre Dame and Kansas State, they are in the Fiesta Bowl without question."

NOT TRUE! If Miami, Fla St, Va Tech or Oklahoma goes undefeated, the Trojans will get the shaft regardless of their strength of schedule. That's why I hate the BCS. Teams from weaker conferences (Big East & ACC) & teams who play weak opponents (Big 12) will always have the advantage over teams that play in tougher conferences (Pac-10 & SEC). Asking any team to go undefeated in the Pac-10 or SEC is ridiculous when Miami gets Rutgers, Temple & W VA. Case in point, Oklahoma moved into a tie at No. 1 w/ Miami after a home win v Tulsa, but the UW Huskies will fall after a last second loss @ Michigan. But any football fan knows the Huskies are much better off as a team for having played in a tough game in hostile surroundings.

Domer

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Key West
they have met

they have met

In the only previous meeting between the teams, Auburn posted a 16-7 win in the 1987 Citrus Bowl, Ted Tollner's final game as Trojans' coach.

:nono: