SERVICE PLAYS FOR SAT. 1/19

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Doc's Sports Picks For College Basketball

6 Unit Play. #544 Take Purdue -3.5 over Illinois (2:00 pm ESPN) Game of the Month. This was our Big Ten Game of the Year last season and it won with ease and expect a similar result this year playing the home team Boilermakers. Purdue is 3-1 in conference play and all three of their victories have come over today?s posted number. The Fighting Illini has seen a major drop in talent and are just a .500 team with a poor 1-4 conference record. All four of their losses have come over today?s posted number. Purdue beat up on Illinois last year winning, 64-47 and expect Illinois to struggle to reach 50 points in this contest. Home court means a lot in the Big 10 and that will become evident today.

4 Unit Play. #554 Take Southern Illinois -10 ? over Wichita State (3:00 pm) This is a fade on Wichita State, who is really banged up and have lost three straight games and five of their last six encounters. They have been struggling to reach 60 points all season and that does not bode well when playing a hard noise defensive team like SIU. The Salukis have gotten off to a slow start as well but have pulled it together of late and have found a scoring punch, lighting up the scoreboard for 80 points at Evansville last Tuesday. If they reach 80 points at home today, they will win this game by 20 points.

4 Unit Play. #588 Take Nebraska -3 over Baylor (6:00 pm ESPN Fullcourt) A classic example of a team that plays much better at home against a team that is not used to winning big games on the road. The Huskies have started out poorly in the conference at 0-2 and need this win in a big way to keep the faithful somewhat content. That being said, their only home conference loss came against undefeated Kansas and they do have some big home wins against Arizona State and Oregon. Baylor opened Big XII play with two bottom feeder conference team in Waco and they had trouble putting both of them away beating Iowa State by just 7 points and Oklahoma State by only 8 points. This is their first road game in the conference and it will also be their first conference and road defeat, as Nebraska gets it done on the road.

4 Unit Play. #615 Take Valparaiso +2 over Cleveland State (7:30 pm) Classic example of a letdown spot for the Rams, who are coming off a big win against Butler on Thursday. The Crusaders already have four road wins this season and unlike Butler they can score points in bunches and will pull the upset tonight handing the Rams their first lost of the season.

4 Unit Play. #649 Take Boston College +5 ? over Virginia (8:00 pm ESPN Fullcourt) After a hot start to the season, the Cavaliers have fallen upon hard times losing three straight games including getting thumped by Xavier 108-70. BC continues to surprise teams and has yet to lose a game in the conference. Too many points for a struggling team to be laying.

4 Unit Play. #687 Take Fresno State +2 ? over Hawaii (11:59 pm) Hawaii is not Hawaii at home this season and has had trouble putting bad teams away and Fresno State is a much better team then they are. Wake up tomorrow and find out Fresno wins comfortably.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Strike Point Sports Picks For College Basketball

Saturday's College Basketball Picks

6-Unit Game of the Week. #571 Take Texas A&M -1 over Kansas State (4 pm)

Look for the Aggies to bounce back with a nice victory after their setback in Lubbock earlier this week. One thing that will separate TAMU in this one is their defense. Texas A&M plays some of the best team defense in the country, and they as a whole are one of the more physical teams I have seen over this season and last. Down low is where it starts with super freshman DeAndre Jordan and Joseph Jones. These two bigs can force Michael Beasley outside to play more of a perimeter game, and that's where he tends to get a little out of his flow. Kansas State is not very diciplined, and overall the Aggies are the stronger group with shooters Josh Carter and Dominique Kirk. KSU's only legit test at home was Oregon and the Ducks beat them. Texas A&M is a better team that Oregon, and they will hand Kansas State their second home loss off the season. Play the Aggies here.

2-Unit Play. #593 Take Kent State +2.5 over Ohio (6 pm)

The Golden Flashes have really come on as of late. Winners of four straight and nine of their last ten, Kent State has also won the last five meetings (4-1 ATS). They have shown more over the last couple weeks than has Ohio, and we like the underdog to come away with the outright win in this MAC clash.

2-Unit Play. #609 Take New Orleans +1 over Middle Tennessee State (7 pm)

I'm not buying what the Blue Raiders are selling. New Orleans is clearly the stronger team, and they should be favored in this spot. The Privateers have had success on the road this season at 5-2, and they are 13-5 overall compared to MTSU's 7-9. New Orlean's Bo McCaleb will be the best player on the floor, and he'll lead this team to the victory tonight.

2-Unit Play. #633 Take Illinois State +5 over Drake (8 pm)

Two undefeated MVC teams collide, and this game could help decide the conference's top team. Drake has been the league's big suprise, but with their top player still questionable and out for the last week or so, Illinois State will be more fit to come away with this showdown. Drake's Josh Young has been out for the last couple of games, and even if he gives it a go, he can't be 100 percent. I'll take a full Redbirds team over perhaps a better Bulldogs team minus their best player at full strength. Great value with the points, but Illinois State will have a great shot to steal one on the road.

2-Unit Play. #644 Take N.C. State -1.5 over Miami (8 pm)

We saw the Wolfpack play as poorly as they possibly could have in their last two road games. Now back at home, let's see how they respond, and I really liked to to bounce back in front of their own fans. Miami hasn't proven itself on the road, and we saw that in a loss dominated by Boston College earlier this week. This match-up is certainly gut-check time for the 'Pack, and they'll have enough to send the Hurricanes to their second straight loss in ACC play. Lay the small number here.

3-Unit Play. #683 Take Arizona State +8 over Stanford (10 pm)

Still trying to figure out this line. ASU beat Arizona, but somehow they are receiving almost twice the points as were the Wildcats when they played at Stanford on Thursday. The Sun Devils have really taken the league by storm, and they are a legit threat. Jeff Pendergraph and James Harden have carried the load, but Arizona State has a very solid core of perimeters, such as Ty Abbott and Derek Glasser. This is too many points, and we'll see the Sun Devils stay inside the number in a close ball game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tnvn1994

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
3 points saved me on Sun Jan 13 Portland over Toronto.
It is weird to buy 3 points.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Robert Ferringo's Picks For College Basketball

1-Unit Play. Take #526 Syracuse (-4) over Villanova (Noon, Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Orange are going to either win this game by eight or ten points or they are going to lose outright. I?m expecting the former. I think it?s an indicator that the unranked team is the solid favorite over the Top 25 team and Nova is 0-5 ATS in its last five conference games. The Wildcats are young and I think they may have some trouble in the Dome today. It can be a daunting place if you?ve never played there before, and if SU can keep Scottie Reynolds under 30 I think they?re in good shape.

This is our first early-start play of the day. The rest of my selections will be posted shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Junky

Go Bolts
Forum Member
Jul 6, 2007
Lang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY

15 Dime - Xavier
15 Dime - Kansas

5 Dime - Creighton
5 Dime - Valpo
5 Dime - Vandy

Free Pick - Kent State

post#61 below

Brandon Lang

50 DIME

CLEMSON TIGERS

30 DIME

Virginia Tech
Tulsa

20 DIME

Missouri
Temple

WHAT IS THIS CRAP?

Which is the correct Lang?

Someone playing games here?

Giacomo

His website is promoting Xavier / Kansas
That second one doesn't look right

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
(COMP PLAYS)

Covers' Ice Picks

Pittsburgh at Montreal (-160, 6)

The Penguins are facing the scenario they pray doesn?t happen at the start of every season: Sidney Crosby is injured. The team is reporting he is out indefinitely with an ankle injury after crashing into the boards last night in the first period against Tampa Bay. The Pens went on to lose 3-0 against a struggling Lightning squad. That might be all we need to say about this game and you can expect the juice for this game to go up before the puck drops.

Pick: Montreal

New York Rangers at Boston (+100, 5)

Since losing a season-high five straight, the Rangers have rebounded to win two of their last three games. Leading the way offensively in victories over Montreal and Buffalo has been the checking line of Brandon Dubinsky, Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.Prucha and Dubinsky each had a goal and an assist, and Lundqvist made 23 saves in New York's 2-1 victory over struggling Buffalo on Wednesday. Dubinsky, 21, Prucha, 25, and Dawes, 22, have combined for four goals and six assists in the last three games. It doesn?t hurt that Brendan Shanahan is back in the lineup after missing a couple of games and the Rangers are now fully healthy.

Pick: Rangers

Detroit at San Jose (+115, 5)

The Red Wings will face one of the league's top goalies in Evgeni Nabokov, but they haven't had much trouble against him this season and the veteran is struggling through his worst stretch of 2007-08. Nabokov was in goal for each of San Jose's two games against Detroit this season, posting a 4.47 goals-against average en route to losing both contests. He is 0-5-1 with a 4.50 GAA in his last seven starts versus the Red Wings, failing to beat them since March 23, 2004. After rookie Thomas Gracie lost his NHL debut to the Ducks, Nabokov surrendered five goals Tuesday in Phoenix during one of his worst starts of the season.He struggled again in a 4-2 loss to Dallas on Thursday night, allowing all four of the Stars' goals on 31 shots. It has been the most difficult stretch of what has otherwise been an outstanding season for Nabokov.

Pick: Detroit, over

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Lockloser

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2005
My Plays- Because I'm a GREAT Fade! Your welcome...:0corn

USC+11
DePaul-12
TCU+1
AZ St.+8
Loy Chi+1.5
Utah-3
Drexel-5.5
Jones O10.5 rds

1-2 yesterday:mj07:
5-5 L2:00hour
13-17-1 overall:142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bootlegbobby

Mr. Sports
Forum Member
Dec 11, 2007
Bay Area
FERRINGO

1-Unit Play. Take #526 Syracuse (-4) over Villanova (Noon, Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Orange are going to either win this game by eight or ten points or they are going to lose outright. I?m expecting the former. I think it?s an indicator that the unranked team is the solid favorite over the Top 25 team and Nova is 0-5 ATS in its last five conference games. The Wildcats are young and I think they may have some trouble in the Dome today. It can be a daunting place if you?ve never played there before, and if SU can keep Scottie Reynolds under 30 I think they?re in good shape.

4-Unit Play. Take #646 Wisconsin-Green Bay (-5.5) over Wisconsin-Milwaukee (8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Phoenix are so much better than UW-M that it?s disgusting. Green Bay is coming out the toughest part of its schedule, with games at Michigan State, at Butler, and at Valpo dotting their slate over the past three weeks. They are now healthy and home, and after a spirited week of practice I think they are going to dominate their rivals. The home team is 10-3 ATS in the last 13 meetings, the Panthers are 1-4 ATS in their last five trips to Green Bay and the Phoenix are 5-2 ATS at home.

3-Unit Play. Take #585 Clemson (+9) over Duke (6 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
Way too many points for a Tigers team that should?ve beaten the Blue Devils each of the past two years. Clemson has played with some of the better teams in the nation this year and I don?t think they will be at all intimidated by Cameron Indoor. Again, this is a game I think they can win so we will take all of the value with the points.

3-Unit Play. Take #571 Texas A&M (-1) over Kansas State (4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
Short number on the better team. Yes, the Aggies got caught at Texas Tech earlier this week. But I think they matchup very well with KSU because they can counter their bigs with equally talented big men. The key here is the guard play and I think A&M has a clear advantage.

2.5-Unit Play. Take #642 Missouri (+8) over Kansas (8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Jayhawks always, always, always struggle at Missouri. I circled this game at the start of the season as one of only three or four that the Jayhawks actually have a chance to lose. They have been playing out of their heads lately and while I do think they are one of the best five teams in the nation I also think they?re susceptible to a close test by a talented Tigers squad. Kansas is 2-5-1 ATS at Missouri and the underdog is 8-3-2 ATS in the last 13 meetings.

2-Unit Play. Take #588 Nebraska (-2.5) over Baylor (6 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Huskers are due for a decent shooting performance and I think they get it tonight against a steady Baylor squad. Nebraska shot down Oregon earlier in the season, so they are capable, and they are 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings in Lincoln. The home team is 6-1 ATS in this series and the favorite has won and covered seven straight. Baylor hasn?t been on the road in a month and I think they start slowly tonight.

2-Unit Play. Take #599 Central Florida (-3) over East Carolina (7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Knights have a huge size advantage here and have already been able to dispatch quality C-USA teams like Southern Miss and Tulsa. East Carolina is 8-23-2 ATS in conference play and 5-11-1 ATS at home, while UCF is 4-1 ATS in this series and 7-3 ATS on the road. I think Central Florida continues their solid play and get another W.

2-Unit Play. Take #633 Illinois State (+5) over Drake (8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
The Redbirds were my pick to win the conference this year and I?m sticking with them in their biggest game to date. Drake is fantastic at home, but they are still without Josh Young, their leading scorer. The Redbirds have won at Wichita State and at Creighton so they understand winning on the road. I think they have a great shot to win this game outright so we will take the points.

2-Unit Play. Take #615 Valparaiso (+2) over Cleveland State (7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
It?s not stubbornness ? the number suggest that CSU is not going to continue playing at the level they have been. They are set up in a letdown spot after the Butler game and they are now matched up with a Valpo team that has been solid on the road and is a team that CSU is not familiar with. The Crusaders are on an 8-3-1 ATS run and are 5-1-1 ATS on the road.

2-Unit Play. Take #637 George Mason (-3.5) over James Madison (8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
James Madison is going to be without two starters, including star forward Juwann James, today when these two solid CAA clubs matchup. James may suit up, but he has a sprained knee and won?t be anywhere near 100 percent. Mason has been awful on the road but I still have a lot of confidence in this team. I think they put up a strong showing and hold off the upstart, undermanned, Dukes.

1-Unit Play. Take #659 Southern Mississippi (+22) over Memphis (9 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
1-Unit Play. Take #623 St. Joseph?s (-13.5) over Penn (7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)
1-Unit Play. Take #661 Louisiana Tech (+20.5) over New Mexico State (9 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19)

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
SCOTT SPREITZER'S CONF GAME OF THE YEAR! 2-0, 100%

Scott's a perfect 2-0, 100% winners with 2008 CBB Conference GOYs. His most recent was a 26-point BLOWOUT WIN with Marquette over Notre Dame. Scott's third CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR goes on Saturday. Grab the **DAY GAME,** book-busting crusher and cash with Scott again!

Iowa State

Lockloser

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2005
Thanks Giants. Hate to tell you I also tailed you on Syracuse. I feel today my luck should change though, so we'll see. Good Luck to all.:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg