SERVICE PLAYS FOR TUES. 1/8

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
FERRINGO

3 1/2 Unit Alabama -2

2 1/2 Units Georgetown @-7 1 1/2 Unit @-8 no bet over 8.

2 1/2 Units Witchita St +5 1/2
2 1/2 Units BYU -1
2 Units St Mary's - 3 1/2

Bootlegbobby

Mr. Sports
Forum Member
Dec 11, 2007
Bay Area
Ferringo with Write ups for those interested

2.5-Unit Play. Take #737 Georgetown (-7) over DePaul (9 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8)
Note: This play was posted last night. The line has since moved and I would say to play for 1.5 at -7.5 or -8, but no play at anything above 8.0. It's not that I don't think that G-Town will win by more than eight, it's about value.

The Hoyas are 13-3-2 ATS against the Big East and 11-5-1 ATS on the road. They are deep and focused, and they have tallied their four road victories by an average of 12.3 points with none of the victories coming by less than nine. Once again I?m envisioning another vintage Depaul choke job. The Demons have been playing well ? four straight wins and a 4-2 ATS run ? but they have been having success against similar perimeter-oriented clubs. I don?t think they?re going to like the deliberate style of the Hoyas, and G-Town?s defense should force the Demons into a lot of bad shots. Depaul may get out and run a bit but I think this one will be determined (and won) in the last five minutes. And that?s where the Hoyas excel and the Demons collapse.

3.5-Unit Play. Take #734 Alabama (-2) over Florida (9 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8)
The home team is 7-3-1 ATS in this series and although I have trouble trusting the Tide here I will rely on their experience. It?s time for a little payback for four years? worth of but kickings. Florida has little to no experience on the road and you know ?Bama will be less than hospitable.

2.5-Unit Play. Take #725 Wichita State (+5.5) over Missouri State (7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8)
Getting decent value here with two players out for Missouri State. Shane Laurie and Drew Richards are both sidelined and this is a bit of a letdown situation for Missouri State off an emotional game against Creighton. Wichita State is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings and SWMS is 3-11 ATS over and 3-8 ATS at home.

2.5-Unit Play. Take #719 BYU (-1) over Wake Forest (7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8)
Wait, isn't this the same BYU team that gave North Carolina all it could handle before losing? I like a small number on the experienced Cougars against a young Wake team. I love how BYU executes in the half court and I know they won't be intimidated by playing a team from th big, bad ACC.

2-Unit Play. Take #743 St. Mary?s (-3.5) over Fresno State (10 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8)
I?m looking for a bounceback performance out of the Gaels today. Yes, they?ve been putrid on the road. But this is just a short trip down the beach for them. Fresno has balance and plays tight defense, but I believe that St. Mary?s is a tournament-caliber team that can find a way to get this W. St. Mary?s is 6-2 ATS against the WAC and Fresno is 1-5 ATS against the WCC. Further, while St. Mary?s is a shaky road team the Bulldogs are just 2-5 ATS in their last seven home games.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Handicapper: KENDALL HOLIDAY

Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls - Tuesday January 8, 2008 8:30 pm
Pick: 3 units (Normal) ATS: Chicago Bulls -7 (-109)

Chicago has been playing better of late as they look to turn around their early season conflagration, and the Knicks play just the tempo that should help the Bulls continue to get well. The Bulls can push the tempo with the best of them, and that is what the Knicks like to do as well. Defense is not the center piece of the Knicks game and they'll pay dearly for that this evening. Three units on the Bulls.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
WAYNE ALLEN ROOT

Chairman - DePaul
Millionaire - Illinois St
Money Maker - U Conn
No Limit - Charlotte Bobcats ($500 GAME OF THE MONTH)

Last edited:

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
BEATYOURBOOKIE

100* Play BYU (-1) over Wake Forest.

Wake Forest is 24-40 ATS in all games the last 3 seasons
Wake Forest is 41-66 ATS as an underdog since 1997
Wake Forest is 10-21 ATS in home games the last 3 seasons
Wake Forest is 5-15 ATS coming off 2 or more consecutive wins

50* Play Georgetown (-6.5) over Depaul.

Georgetown is 15-5 ATS vs. Big East Conference Opponents the last 2 seasons
Georgetown is 10-1 ATS coming off a conference win by 10 points or more
Georgetown is 6-0 ATS in road games after allowing 50 points or less

100u - nba washington

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
DOC- NBA

Doc's Sports's

NBA Daily Picks
Matchup: Houston at Washington
Time: 7:05 PM EDT (Tue)

Play: Houston (+3-110)
Line Source: LEROYS
Posted on: January 8, 2008 @ 1:15:32 PM EST
The Rockets have been learning to play well without Tracy McGrady and we have been very impressed with their play as of late. They have won four of their last six and that included a road win at Orlando and they actually had a lead in Boston until late in the fourth quarter. The Wizards have been playing mediocre basketball and they have feasted on some of the lesser teams in the league recently. The Rockets are 2-0 ATS this season as a slim dog and we think they will challenge for the outright win tonight. They have dominated this series ATS as of late as they have covered in six of the last eight meetings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Plays
Matchup: Milwaukee at Philadelphia
Time: 7:05 PM EDT (Tue)

Play: Milwaukee (+6-110)
Line Source: CAESARS
Posted on: January 8, 2008 @ 1:15:32 PM EST
This is an underdog that could very easily win straight up. The Sixers just completed a brutal six-game road trip that saw them go 2-4 with wins over undermanned Sacramento and Seattle squads. Against the stronger Western teams they were dominated and they have up an average of over 110 points per game defensively in their last three, allowing the Lakers to shoot over 66% from the field. Milwaukee had been struggling to score points but they adjusted their offense to get Andrew Bogut more involved for their last game against Charlotte and he responded with a 10-of-15 shooting performance and 25 points. According to published reports, the Bucks plan on more of the same tonight and solid post play helped burn them on their recent road swing. The underdog in this series is 15-6-1 ATS in the last 22 meetings.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
THREE2WON

Tue, 01/08/08 - 8:00 PMThree2Won | CBB Sides Single-Dime Bet
731 Northern Iowa 7.5 (-110) BetUS vs 732 Illinois St.
Analysis:
Northern Iowa +7.5 (-110) at BetUS

1-UNIT

There is one thing that many people aren't noticing about Northern Iowa.

They are one of the best 3-Point defenses in the Nation.

This will serve to crimp one of the advantages that Illinois State possesses.....Illy shoots VERY well from the ARC.

Northern Iowa should hold serve on the boards. And they will direct most of their offense into the paint, so I'll take the steady production from the bigger team, over the hit-or-miss expectation from the ARC.

Good Luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
GREG SHAKER

Tue, 01/08/08 - 7:00 PMGreg Shaker | CBB Total
double-dime bet720 Wake Forest / 719 Brigham Young Over 139.5 BetUS
Analysis: NCAAB: Brigham Young Cougars at Wake Forest Demon Deacons - Over 139.5 -110 | Unit Value: 2 DIMES
Game Date: 1/8/2008
Note: Wake Forest has been one of my favorite OVER Teams for a very long time, and when given the chance, this team loves to run the court. They will given that chance tonight with the Cougars in town. In fact these teams are very much alike in that regard with BYU possessing the #43 Tempo Team in the country and Wake #50. That puts them high on the list of shots per contest. One would think that this Posted Total would be higher due to that fact, but these two squads also play a very good brand of D, with both in the top 20% of D efficiency and we will see a lot of that played tonight as well. While they both limit their opponents to less than average shooting, there are plenty of reasons to believe that we will see more than our share of Free Throw Opps in this contest. There is also a liklihood that we will see plenty of 3 point attempts as well. The Cougars regularly shoot 25+ of those and so do the Demon Deacons. The visitors are the better shooting squad and they also do something that is going to give them the edge in this contest. They have a very good inside-outside game and they often get good looks at the basket. They also get fouled quite often due to their style of play, and Wake Forest is very prone to the foul. It would not surprise me to see BYU shoot very often from the Free Stripe and top the 25 times mark. I can't see any reason why the number of shots in this contest will not be at least 120 and if we get that amount or higher, it would take some very poor shooting not to bring this game where we want it to be. I will take my chances that they will be able to muster enough percentage to do that. The Extra Bonus here is the fact that this is expected to be a close enough affair to give us bonus free shots toward the end, and with average or better than average connectivity by these two, that is indeed a big bonus. Trend people will be happy to know that the Cougars are 41-19-2 OVER last 63 road affairs. Play up to 144

Tue, 01/08/08 - 9:00 PMGreg Shaker | CBB Total
double-dime bet734 Alabama / 733 Florida Under 151.0 BetUS
Analysis: NCAAB: Florida Gators at Alabama Crimson Tide - Under 151 -110 | Unit Value: 2 DIMES
Game Date: 1/8/2008
Note: Conference Play in the SEC has begun and we are going to start seeing who has it,and who does not. The one thing that we will begin to see is lower scoring games by many of these schools as the overall competition level steps up a notch. Both of these teams have had extreme offensive efficiency in their first 1/2 of the regular season, but we have to put that in perspective as to who they have been on the court with. The Tide have played just 3 teams that I consider quality and in those games their scoring success has been limited to 61, 60, and 63 to Clemson, Georgetown, and Texas A&M. The Gators likewise, just 2 games with quality on the other bench, and they managed just 49 and 51 to Ohio State and Florida State. We can just throw out the other contests as they have been with very sub-par teams. The Gators lost a lot to graduation and they are not whooping up and down the court as they have done in the past. They have the #251 Tempo in the country and that is way down the ladder for them. The Tide is mid-range in the number of shots they take. The one thing that Florida is continuing to do is play good D, ranked in the top 30% and Bama is better than average in that department. Overall shooting percentages cannot be be judged correctly for the O and the D because many games have gotten well out of hand verses these lessor opponents that they have played. Last year's contest saw just 143 and that was with the Gators cracking on all cylanders. That was accomplished despite just 107 shots taken, and it was accomplished due to the Gators 51% shooting and 30 trips to the Free Throw Stripe. This team is not nearly as talented and we are not going to see that kind of performance. If things are equal this year in the number of shots, this game will not come close to the Posted Number that we have. Play down to 146

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
MARCO D'ANGELO

Tue, 01/08/08 - 7:00 PMMarco D'Angelo | CBB Sides
double-dime bet719 Brigham Young -1.5 (-110) BetUS vs 720 Wake Forest
Analysis: BYU travels to battle Wake Forest. The Las Vegas line tells me everything I need to know here. You have a ACC team at Home who has won 5 in a Row and they are a small Dog to a Mountain West Team? C'mon Vegas is begging you to take Wake Forest. Wake Forest hasn't beat anybody good so that 5 Game winning streak is counterfeit. Look for BYU to win this one easily as they pull away in the second half for a 8-11 point win. TAKE BYU as MARCO'S 5* COLLEGE KEY RELEASE and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY.

Tue, 01/08/08 - 8:05 PMMarco D'Angelo | NBA Total
dime bet710 MEM / 709 LAL Under 215.5 BetUS
Analysis: The Lakers have been on a roll as they have won 6 of their last 7 and scoring a ton of points in the process. However with a game tomorrow night in New Orleans expect the Lakers to tone in done tonight saving some energy for tomorrow much like they did back on Dec 20th against Cleveland as they only scored 90 that night with a game the following day. This line is high baded on recent scores but I see them winning team scoring in the 90's. TAKE LAKERS/MEMPHIS UNDER and make them a SINGLE DIME PLAY.

patsfan

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2007
True

True

Wow, kind of quiet in here this morning. Many folks still hurting over OSU LN I guess. That was a perfect example of how you really need to buck the cappers when they are 65% or more on a side and the play seems obvious.

I've been watching this for years and would have actually taken the time to do a statistical study on that phenomenon. If it hadn't been so steady and obvious to the tune of about 65%.

Moral of the story seems clear to me:

YOU CAN MAKE A LIVING FINDING THE COUPLE OF GAMES EACH DAY THAT ALL THE CAPPERS LIKE AND FADING THEM.

When you think about it, it really makes sense. How could the books make a living (they never truly "balance" their books like they'd like to). The most ugly plays, hated by most, is where the $$$ is.:shrug:

Just thought I'd throw that out as it's a little quiet in here today.

PS Thanks Eddie and Giants for the posts.

Everything you say is so true. I am a newbie to wagering and am learning this quickly. Also, fade B.Lang.:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

to1

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2007
Wolkosky Milan

396-302-15 last one hundred thirty five days
66-33-2 last seventeen days!
7-2 Saturday!
5-1 Sunday!
2-0 Yesterday! (LSU & Over)

Today:

10* NEW JERSEY -1?
10* NJN/CHA UNDER 194?
10* IND/UTA UNDER 213

bill2266

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2007
****MY PLAYS FOR TUES. 1/8****

----CBB--------------------
(7*)- GEORGETOWN
(7*)- ST JOHNS
(6*)- BAYLOR
(5*)- FLORIDA
(5*)- BYU

----NBA--------------------
(8*)- LAKERS
(6*)- JAZZ

----NHL--------------------
(7*)- RANGERS

1-10* (38-27-2 OVERALL)

GL TONIGHT, ANYONE HAS ATS LOCK

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
Black Magic Sports

Black Magic Sports

NCAA Basketball:

5 Unit Black Magic CBB Dog of the Night on Bradley +11

Bradley is showing the best value of any underdog Tuesday night. There is no way in hell Southern Illinois can cover this double-digit spread. We have seen them play on a couple different occasions and they clearly have no scorers on offense. They rely on winning games defensively, which is not a formula for blowouts. Bradley is more than capable of winning this game outright. Southern Illinois is just 6-8 on the season. They 2 out of 3 meetings with Bradley last season. Two of those games were decided by a mere 2 points. This game will go down to the wire and it could easily go in Bradley?s favor in the end. Bradley is 8-1 ATS versus poor passing teams, averaging less than 12 assists/game over the last 2 seasons. Southern Illinois can?t get assists because players simply cannot make shots. They are scoring just 60.6 points a game on the year. Cash in with Bradley as the underdog.

NBA:

3 Unit Sharp Play on Utah Jazz -8

The Utah Jazz will keep kicking the Indiana Pacers while they are already down. Indiana has lost 6 out of their last 7 games overall, going 1-6 ATS during this rough streak. Utah has won 4 out of their last 5 home games straight up and ATS with their lone loss come to the Boston Celtics in a game they should have won. Indiana is 9-21 ATS after allowing 110 points or more over the last 3 seasons. Indiana is 3-18 ATS versus good passing teams, averaging >=23 assists/game over the last 2 seasons. Utah?s ability to distribute the ball and find open teammates will fluster the Pacers again tonight. Cash in with Utah as the favorite.

3 Unit Sharp Play on Bucks/76ers OVER 188

This is a very low total set by oddsmakers tonight. The 76ers and Bucks combined to score 213 points in their only meeting of the season back in November. The OVER is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings overall, going over 192 points in all 5 contests. The OVER is 6-1 in the 76ers? last 7 home games. The OVER is 6-1 in the 76ers? last 7 games against a team with a losing record. The OVER is 4-1 in the Bucks? last 5 games against teams with losing records. Cash in with the OVER 188 points.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
ETHAN LAW

Tue, 01/08/08 - 7:00 PMEthan Law | CBB Sides
dime bet745 Fairfield 9.5 (-110) BetUS vs 746 Siena
Analysis: FAIRFIELD (4-9) at SIENA (8-5)

Interesting MAAC battle here and a revenge game for Fairfield, who lost at home to Siena 74-61 this past December. The line in this contest opened at 9 and was quickly bet up to 9.5 with tracking sites showing bets being paced on Siena at a 9 to 1 clip. Clearly, the perception is that since Fairfield lost by 13 on their home floor a month ago, and has only managed 4 wins on the season, that they should get blown away against a Siena team that are winners of two of their last three, both 20+ points wins (89-54 over Dartmouth) & 79-56 over St. Peters). However, the reality is that this should be a fairly contested contest tonight. Despite managing a meager 4 wins to start the season, Fairfield played a brutal early schedule losing at Cincinnati, Wake Forest and Georgetown. However, they do come into this contest with some momentum as the Stags snapped a six-game losing streak with an 89-78 win at Saint Peters December 28, and after a non-league loss at William and Mary, won at Loyola 69-67 Friday night. Many that know me see that I am always uncomfortable laying chalk, and taking the points here is a good idea when you consider that Siena ranks among the highest in opposing field goal percentage, while opposition has shot over 46% from the field against them this season. The win by Siena in the first contest also gives us some significant line value in this contest, and it should be noted that these team historically play neck and neck as these teams have split the last 16 meetings and each has won five times in the last 10 encounters. Last year Siena and Fairfield split the season series with each team winning on the others home court, so dont be surprised if that happens again this season.

PLAY 1* UNIT ON FAIRFIELD +9.5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Brandon Lang

10 Dime
MARQUETTE

5 Dime
BYU
MAGIC

10 Dime ? Marquette

Seton Hall will have to pay the price for Marquette?s loss to West Virginia on Sunday, when the Golden Eagles saw their seven-game win streak snapped. The Eagles are still on a 5-2 ATS streak, despite the loss, and should have no trouble taking their frustration out on Seton Hall. While the Pirates are 0-5 ATS in their last five lined games, it?s important to note this team hasn?t necessarily played the type of competition that will have it prepared for tonight.

Seton Hall comes in off an 89-81 win over Morgan State ? big deal ? and why didn?t the Pirates win bigger? Now it comes into the Bradley Center, where Marquette is 8-0 on the season. And the Pirates are coming in on a dismal 4-11 ATS road skid, dating back to last season. Lay the home chalk, as Marquette rolls.

5 Dime ? BYU

The team from the Mountain West Conference is the play in the non-conference showdown of the night, as the Cougars boat a phenomenal front line that should have no trouble dominating the boards against the Deacons. BYU has played a decent enough schedule that it should be battle-tested for this 2,000-mile cross-country trip tonight, and quite frankly, with so many uncertainties still surrounding the Deacons, I don?t think it has the chemistry the Cougars have. The road chalk is justified here, as BYU rolls.

5 Dime - Magic

If there?s any place to put your money on the Magic, it?s on the road. Orlando has been much more successful on the highway than it has been at home, and being on the West Coast could be what the doctor ordered for the Southeast contender. Orlando won four of five in its first trip to the left coast, including wins at Portland, Golden State and the Lakers, part of its 15-5 run on the highway this season. And with Sacto mired in a 1-6 skid ? due to being so dinged up ? I?ll play the Magic with confidence in this one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Lockloser

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2005
GAMBLERS DATA

Tuesday

NY Rangers -166

FYI, this guy claims 65% over 1300 plays. It's actually a little over 60%.

Another thing to consider is how many of those plays have been-165 hockey and MLB plays? Probably more than the guy would want to admit...:shrug:

Question

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
FATSPREAD

daily free pick
NCAAB Mich St. under 134

----Here are his paid play picks----

5* NBA Lakers -6
2* NBA Jazz over 212
3* NBA Magic -5