SERVICE PLAYS FOR WED. 1/9

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
I'm sorry, I did know that. It doesn't change my opinion. The last game, where they combined for the 200, was at GS and I got it all intertwined! Happens to the best of us :)

peppermillrick

Registered
Forum Member
Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon, his big games have been lousy lately:

Today's Games...

1. 300,000♦ New Orleans
2. 50,000♦ George Mason
3. 50,000♦ Mavericks

1. New Orleans- We find some real value in this contest, because New Orleans is being seriously underestimated coming off consecutive losses, while Denver has won 4 straight ATS and has apparently won the undeserved love of oddsmakers. I'm calling this game my Massacre of the Month, because I see the Privateers routing this Pioneers squad tonight at home and here's why...
First and foremost, Denver has been absolute garbage on the road this season, going 0-7 SU & 3-3 ATS. But its not just that their winless away, but its their overall poor effort when they travel, averaging just 48 ppg on 40% shooting, while surrendering 63 ppg on a laughable 51% shooting... That disparity is absolutely disgusting.
Second, just how do you expect a sputtering Pioneers offense to keep pace with a Privateers attack that's dropping 80 ppg on 50% shooting (47% from 3-point) over their last 5 games?! New Orleans is led by NBA-bound G Bo McCalebb, who's 21.8 ppg paces their offense, and will have a field day with this Pioneers backcourt. Privateers also have some solid frontcourt players in F Dykes and 6'10 bigbody Ben Elias to match up against Denver's frontcourt, which features their only real threats in Kummer and Tanner. As a side note, the fact that 6'8 C Tanner is their leading assit guy (38) should tell you something about this Denver offense!
Finally, let's look at the trends, as Denver is just 3-13 ATS in their last 16 meetings with New Orleans. Not only that, but the Pioneers are also just 2-7 ATS over their last 9 road games. Their last loss on the road was in a non-lined contest against Middle Tennessee State, where they managed only 50 points and shot 38% from the field against a terrible Blue Raiders defense (allowing 73 ppg on 47% shooting on the season). If they couldn't capitalize in that game, they sure as hell ain't gonna get it done against a solid Privateers squad tonight. New Orleans rolls in this match up!
Take New Orleans BIG over Denver as your top-rated play of the day.

2. George Mason- Several glaring mismatches in this contest, but none bigger than senior F Will Thomas against this Delaware frontcourt. Sure, the Blue Hens' Herb Courtney is a good player, but he's been known to disappear at times (5 points at Maryland, 7 points at William & Mary), and will have his hands full with very active Thomas in this one (9.8 rebounds per game).
Next, while both teams rely on a bevy of guards after their one solid post player, its the Patriots who possess the superior talent with guards Vaughan, Campbell, and Smith all averaging in double-figures. The Blue Hens quartet of guards is decent, but looking over their stats, its becomes clear they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if you asked them to. In fact, Delaware is averaging just 62 ppg on 40% shooting this season, thanks in large part to poor backcourt shooting.
For all the trouble the Blue Hens are having on offense, look for their woes to continue against a rock-solid Patriots defense. While its true George Mason's numbers on the road this year aren't great, I expect they'll be looking to rebound after a poor effort at Georgia State in their last road game. They caught a lot of flak in that game for a real poor defensive effort (allowed Georgia State to shoot 55%) and I expect a senior-laden group like the Patriots to respond.
Finally, the disparity in talent was apparent between these two teams last season, when George Mason cruised to victory in both meetings, including a 20-point shellacking the last time they played in Delaware. Most likely a closer game this time around, but not nearly close enough to consider anyone but George Mason in this spot.
Take George Mason comfortably over Delaware in this CAA match up.

3. Mavericks- So the Pistons lose to the Celtics 92-85 at home, snapping their 11-game win streak, and now everyone expects them to get right back to their winning ways tonight at Dallas? Hold on a sec', but last time I checked, the Mavs were playing some damn good basketball themselves, beating Phoenix, Orlando, and Golden State recently in Dallas to name a few!
While Detroit's defense gets all the publicity, the Mavs D has been just as good over their last 5 games, with both teams allowing about 87 ppg on 41% shooting over that span. Key here is the Pistons defense tends to let up a little on the road, with opponents shooting 44.5% on the season... Not exactly lockdown numbers. With Dallas hitting its stride behind Nowitzki, Howard, and one of the deepest rosters in the NBA , stopping their offense isn't going to be as easy as some people think.
Match up-wise, the Pistons clearly have trouble stopping Nowitzki, who's obviously not your prototypical 7-footer. His ability to spread the Detroit defense is key to the Mavs success, because once they open up, slashers like Howard and Harris can goto work penetrating. Dallas' depth also come into play, as they Pistons subs are a better unit this season, but still not on the level of the Mavericks.
Finally, one has to wonder how focused the Pistons will be with a game at San Antonio looming the very next day. Its hard to overlook a team as good as Dallas, but if they're not 100% focused, Dallas will take advantage. Mavs have been damn good at home, going 16-3 SU (9-9-1 ATS), and while everyone jumps all over the Pistons in this "supposed" bounce back game, I'll stick with a one of the best teams in the West playing at home.
Take the Mavericks over the Pistons in this marquee NBA match up.

notbadboys

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 1, 2008
**** MY PLAYS FOR WED. JAN. 9TH ****

----CBB--------------------
(10*)- SYRACUSE
(7*)- DUKE
(7*)- S. FLORIDA
(7*)- UTEP
(6*)- RHODE ISLAND
(5*)- UAB
(5*)- DELAWARE

---NBA--------------------
(7*)- CELTICS

---NHL--------------------
(6*)- ANAHEIM

1-10* (42-31-2 OVERALL)

I'm with ya on Syracuse. Good luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MMST

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2006
Sorry fellas!! Was gone for a couple of days and forgot my password so could not post. I'll try to do better next time.

ATS LOCK
6 Delaware +6 1/2
5 Northeastern -6
5 UMass -3
4 Dayton -3

ATS FINANCIAL
4 Tulane -1 1/2
4 Cinncy +3 1/2
3 So Florida +2 1/2

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Brandon Lang

WEDNESDAY

5 DIME

Pistons

Magic

South Carolina

Tennessee

Brandon Lang

TENNESSEE - We?re going to see Ole Miss exposed in this one, as Tennessee is always a tough place to play. And I know the Vols haven?t been on the floor since Dec. 29, when they closed out non-conference play with an 82-72 rout of Gonzaga, but because of that huge win over the Zags, UT will be ready to jump right into conference play and aim for its eighth-straight victory. The home team is 7-1 SU in the last eight times these two have met ? during the regular season ? while it?s covered six of its last eight at the window. And Tennessee will be in full revenge after Ole Miss rolled to an 83-69 rout as a three-point home chalk last season.

SOUTH CAROLINA - I know this Vandy team is off to its best start in school history, but it?s been because of an offense that can outlast the opposition ? certainly not because of the skeptical defense that allows 75 points per game. South Carolina has a good shot at keeping this one close, as it?s been outstanding as an underdog this season, and has exceptionally strong extended road ATS numbers. When I say extended, I mean Dave Odom has his Gamecocks prepared for road trips, covering 22 of their last 26 o the highway and 20 of the last 27 they?ve been installed as road dogs. Vandy is 0-4 ATS in its last four games that immediately follow an ATS win, and in coming in off the win and cover versus U Mass, I?ll take the points with USC.

PISTONS - Something about losing to the Celtics that fire teams up this season (see the Lakers), and coming in off that home loss to Boston, look for Detroit to take it to the Mavericks tonight in Dallas. Despite the setback on Sunday, the loss snapped Detroit?s 11-game SU and ATS win streak, and Flip Saunders? bunch has still won 18 of its last 21 games, while sporting an amazing 18-2-1 ATS during this stretch. Even better, the Pistons have been cash value with a suitcase in hand since early December, going 9-0 SU and 8-0-1 ATS. Detroit is 13-5 SU and 12-5-1 ATS on the highway this season, and should be able to tighten the bolts on Dallas tonight.

MAGIC - The Magic laid an egg last night in Sacramento, but should come back strong on the second of back-to-back nights, getting the line value against a terrible Clippers team that is 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games installed as a home pup of 4-1/2 points or less. Why this line is so low is beyond me, as the Magic are a much better team on the road, and though that theory nipped us last night, keep in mind Orlando hasn't suffered consecutive road losses all year; and before last night it hadn't suffered consecutive ATS road losses since mid-March, a span of 29 regular-season games.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
THE STRALEY GROUP : DALLAS (NHL) vs CHICAGO
Play: DALLAS (NHL)
Comments: THE STRALEY GROUP: DALLAS (NHL)

THE STRALEY GROUP: MIAMI vs MILWAUKEE
Play: MIAMI vs MILWAUKEE OVER 189
Comments: THE STRALEY GROUP: MIAMI vs MILWAUKEE OVER 189

THE STRALEY GROUP: GOLDEN STATE vs PORTLAND
Play: GOLDEN STATE vs PORTLAND UNDER 208
Comments: THE STRALEY GROUP: GOLDEN STATE vs PORTLAND UNDER 208

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
WISE OWL SYNDICATE : TROY vs FLORIDA INTL

Play: CBB - TROY (PK)
Comments: WISE OWL SYNDICATE SELECTION: CBB - TROY (PK)

WISE OWL SYNDICATE: GOLDEN STATE vs PORTLAND
Play: PORTLAND -2 (NBA)
Comments: WISE OWL SYNDICATE: PORTLAND -2 (NBA

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
JOHN RYAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5* NHL Colorado

Confirmed

He went 1-1 yesterday with 2 dogs!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
GINA FROM SPORTS RUMBLE

Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 9:00 p.m. est.
Indiana Pacers (16-20) at Phoenix Suns (24-10)
The gloomy Pacers have dropped eight of their last 10 games. Look for Indiana struggles to continue tonight when they visit the Suns in Phoenix, the energetic Suns powerful offensive play will overpower the Pacers. The home team in this series has won 13 of the last 17 meetings. Go with Phoenix to win without difficulty their fourth straight against Indiana at US Airways Center.

Phoenix Suns

ALSO:
CLEV CAVS

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bill2266

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2007
Sorry fellas!! Was gone for a couple of days and forgot my password so could not post. I'll try to do better next time.

ATS LOCK
6 Delaware +6 1/2
5 Northeastern -6
5 UMass -3
4 Dayton -3

ATS FINANCIAL
4 Tulane -1 1/2
4 Cinncy +3 1/2
3 So Florida +2 1/2

NICE TO HAVE U BACK MMST I DO FOLLOW ASTS PICKS THANK YOU

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
JOHNNY GUILD

NBA Selection
Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 7:00 PM EST.

Cleveland Cavaliers (18-17) at Atlanta Hawks (15-16)
Go with the hot Cleveland Cavaliers to seize their fifth straight victory tonight over the struggling Hawks. Atlanta has dropped their last four contests and has lost 13 of the last 15 clashes against Cleveland, including the last four. The Cavaliers have won six straight in Atlanta and the road team in this series has covered the spread in seven of the last 8 meetings.

Cleveland Cavaliers +2.5

CBB
DUKE
VANDERBILT

DOCSPRAY

Forum Member
Nov 2, 2005
The Rock

ATS LOCK
6 Delaware +6 1/2
5 Northeastern -6
5 UMass -3
4 Dayton -3

ATS FINANCIAL
4 Tulane -1 1/2
4 Cinncy +3 1/2
3 So Florida +2 1/2

How have they done in hoops?

GIANTS007

support 81