Service Plays Sunday 3/23

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

rino

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2006
BURNS
NBA

DALLAS
Game: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Time: 3/23/2008 1:00:00 PM Prediction: Dallas Mavericks Reason: I'm laying the points with DALLAS. I have a lot of respect for the Spurs and its hard to imagine that facing them would represent a "step down in class" from anyone. That's arguably the case here though, as the Mavs come off games vs. the Celtics and Lakers, arguably the top current team from each conference. While it remains to be seen which team will prove to be the best come playoff time, I expect the Mavs to be the best this afternoon. The fact that they lost the games vs. LA and Boston (both losses were very close) and the fact that they have struggled to beat top tier teams since the Kidd trade, makes this an extremely important game - both for playoff positioning and for pyschological reasons. The team badly needs a big win over a quality opponent. The defending champs certainly qualify as a 'quality opponent' and I expect the Mavs to come out with their guns blazing. They've played the Spurs tough in all three games. They lost by two points at San Antonio in December. Last month, also at San Antonio, they lost by three points, covering as five point underdogs. However, when the teams met at Dallas, the Mavs won by double-digits. That's not really surprising as both teams are MUCH better at home. The Spurs are 28-6 at San Antonio but just 18-17 at home. The disparity is even bigger for Dallas as the Mavs are a poor 15-19 on the road but an excellent 29-6 at home. Including the earlier win, the Mavs have won four of the last six regular season series meetings with the Spurs. They've won those games by an average of 18.3 points per game. I believe this game is more important to the Mavs and I expect them to be the "hungrier" team. Look for them to deliver an Easter Sunday victory for the home fans, covering the small number along the way. *TV GOW

TORONTO
Game: Denver Nuggets vs. Toronto Raptors Game Time: 3/23/2008 3:35:00 PM Prediction: Toronto Raptors Reason: I'm laying the small number with TORONTO. The Raptors have struggled recently. However, those struggles have come without Chris Bosh in the lineup and primarily on the road. Bosh is back (24 points in 37 minutes on Friday) and the Raptors are playing a home game on Easter Sunday afternoon. Note that the Raptors, who regularly play home games on Sunday afternoon, are 12-5 their last 17 in that situation with 10 of those victories coming by a minimum of five points. Overall, the Raptors have won six of their last eight games here with the six victories coming by an average margin of more than 21 points! The Raptors will have payback on their minds as they were embarrassed at Denver recently. Note that they didn't have Bosh in the lineup for that game and that they were playing the middle game of a 5-game road trip. This time, its the Nuggets who are playing the fourth game of a 5-game road trip. More important than getting 'revenge,' the Raptors desperately just need a victory. They've slipped in the standings and are in danger of falling to 500 on the season. With Bosh in the lineup, they're a better team than that and I expect them to respond with a massive effort here. Its true that the Nuggets have been tough on Toronto in recent years. However, its also worth noting that the teams faced each other here on this exact day last year. The Raptors held Iverson and Anthony to a combined 6-of-27 from the field and the Raptors rolled to a 27 point victory. The Nuggets haven't fared particularly well as underdogs, going just 8-12 ATS (4-16 SU) when getting points this season. That includes a 0-6 SU and 2-4 ATS mark their last six and a 4-8 ATS (1-11 SU!) mark their last 12. I look for history to repeat itself and for the Nuggets to struggle here for the second straight year. *Best Bet

BURNS
COLLEGE BASKETBALL

UNDER oklahoma/louisville
Game: Oklahoma vs. Louisville Game Time: 3/23/2008 5:00:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Louisville and Oklahoma to finish UNDER the number. The Cardinals played a very high-scoring team (Boise State) in their opener, as the Broncos came into that game having averaged 84.8 points in 17 road/neutral games on the season. The Cardinals dominated defensively though, holding the Broncos to a mere 61 points. The Broncos hit 40 percent of their 3-point attempts this season, putting them among the nation's top 20, but were just 4-for-17 against the aggressive Louisville defense. Rick Pitino would comment: "We did a good job of stopping a tremendous 3-point shooting team." Despite the Cardinals shooting well themselves, the game still fell comfortably below the closing number. That marked the third time in four games that the Cardinals have held an opponent to 61 points or less, as they limited Georgetown to 55 and Villanova to 54. Note that the UNDER is now 24-13 their last 37 non-conference games which had a total. Additionally, its also worth noting that the Cardinals have seen the UNDER go 13-7 the last 20 times that they played with one day or less worth of rest in between games. While Friday's opponent averaged nearly 85 points per game on the road, today the Cardinals will face an opponent which scored a mere 62.8 points per game on the road this season, averaging just 27.1 in the first half. The Sooners make up for their lack of offensive explosiveness by playing solid defense, allowing an average of 63.4 points per game for the season and 62.4 their last five games. The Sooners saw their opener vs. St. Joseph's finish above the number with 136 (72-64) combined points. However, they'd previously seen seven straight games fall below the number. Despite Friday's result, the Sooners have still seen the UNDER go a highly profitable 44-25 their last 69 non-conference games which had a total. During that stretch, they've seen the UNDER go 44-21 (68%) when listed as underdogs. Cardinals forward Terrence Williams said: "This will be kind of the battle of our bigs versus their bigs." I also expect a physical defensive affair with the UNDER improving to 7-2 on the season when Louisville played a game with an over/under line in the 120s. *Blue Chip

TENNESSEE
Game: Butler vs. Tennessee Game Time: 3/23/2008 2:30:00 PM Prediction: Tennessee Reason: I'm laying the points with TENNESSEE. The fact that Butler has been covering lately while Tennessee has been struggling against the spread, has given us excellent line value with what I feel is the stronger team. Yes, both teams have 30 victories. However, Butler's victories came against significantly weaker opponents as Tennessee had to deal with the likes of Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Florida in SEC play play while Butler faced teams like Detroit, Youngstown State and Wright State in the Horizon League. Taking a look at the losses shows that Butler can be beaten by somewhat mediocre teams while the Volunteers only lose vs. the toughest teams or at the toughest venues. While Tennesee's losses came vs. Texas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Arkansas, Butler's losses came against Wright State, Cleveland State and Drake. The Bulldogs didn't beat any really elite teams either. On the other hand, the Volunteers knocked off Memphis when the Tigers were #1. They also beat the likes of Xavier, West Virginia and Gonzaga in non-conference action. After failing to win their conference tournament and not getting a #1 seed, the Vols come into the tournament with a chip on their shoulder. As Tennessee star Chris Lofton had to say: "We're out to prove something, so it should be a great game." The Vols got their "wake up call" in the first round as American hung around longer than expected and covered the spread. They'll be fully focused here, particularly as Butler beat them early last season, holding the Vols to a season low (44) in total points. As Lofton said: "Last year we overlooked Butler, being from the Horizon League." They won't make that same mistake twice. They're 3-1 SU/ATS after failing to cover the spread in three consecutive games the past few seasons and I expect them to record a convincing victory here. *Personal Favorite

UNDER memphis/miss. state
Game: Mississippi State vs. Memphis Game Time: 3/23/2008 4:45:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Memphis and Mississippi State to finish UNDER the number. Its true that Memphis has an excellent offense, as they averaged 79.9 points per game. That number is somewhat lower on the road though, as they averaged 75.1 points in 15 games away from home. Note that the Tigers numbers are somewhat inflated due to playing in the relatively weak Conference USA. The Tigers did show that they were capable of playing low-scoring games when matched up against solid defensive non-conference teams earlier in the season though, as they beat Oklahoma 63-53 and beat USC 62-58. While Tigers' offense gets all the attention, the defense is also very strong. In fact, the 63 points they allowed in the first round was the most they had given up in their past six games. Their previous five opponents finished with scores of 51, 53, 56, 56 and 55. Despite their opener slipping over the number, the Tigers have still seen the UNDER go 17-7-1 their last 25 games in March. During the same stretch, they've seen the UNDER go 17-8 when playing with one or less day's rest in between games and 27-18 in 45 games (with a total) after scoring 80 or more points in their previous game. They'll face a strong Mississippi State defense which will be attempting to slow down the pace as much as possible. The Bulldogs allowed 64 points when playing away from home this season, while seeing the UNDER go 10-5. Look for the Bulldogs' Charles Rhodes and Jarvis Varnado to make things difficult inside and force the Tigers into a slower game. Note that the 6-9 sophomore Varnado needs six blocked shots to break Shaquille O'Neal's SEC record of 158, set in 1991-92. The Bulldogs faced Oregon in the first round and it became clear that the Ducks were intimidated by Varnado. Not only were they scared to come inside but they shot horribly from long-range, going just 2 of 21 with their second half 3-point attempts. I feel that the number is generous and I look for the final score to be lower than expected with the UNDER improving to 5-0 the last five times that the Bulldogs were listed as neutral court underdogs of three points or less. *2nd Rd Total of the Year

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
PSYCHIC SPORTS
5 units San Diego +5?
3 units Mississippi State +9
3 units Denver Nuggets +3
2 units Sienna +5?
2 units Miami +7

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dr. T

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2006
Reddog Sports

3-0 in 2008 NCAA tourney.

UNC/Arkansas over 73.5 (1st half)

Bookmaker has it at 73.5 and Olympic is at 74.

Nice easy winner with UNC/MSM over 71 on Friday as they scored 101 total points in the first half. I like the UNC game with Arkansas to go over the total in the first half too. Here is why:

UNC will be playing in Raleigh with plenty of Tar Heel fans and their starters only played about 20-23 minutes each. Lawson has played well and helps the UNC uptempo game. They should have fresh legs.

Arkansas has some good players such as Beverly, Weems and Townes to score. In their top non-conference games here were the halftime scores:

Ark/Oklahoma 45-39 (84)
Ark/Missouri 51-50 (101)
Ark/Baylor 48-41 (89)

I think we get a game in the 80 point range (43-37).

UNC/Arkansas over 73.5 (half)

Tramaine King

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2008
STEVE BUDIN HAS A PLAY....TRACE ADAMS 2000 ON XAVIER HIT YESTERDAY AND HE HAS A 1500 TODAY...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Maddux Sports
3* Raptors
3* Western Kentucky
3* North Carolina
3* Butler Under
3* Mississippi St

toopieaire

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2008
ROOT
Chairman - Villanova
Millionaire - Davidson
Money Maker - Arkansas
No Limit - Oklahoma

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Doc
4 Unit San Diego +5 over Western Kentucky (2:40 pm CBS)
4 Unit Georgetown -4 ? over Davidson (2:50 pm CBS)
4 Unit North Carolina -11 over Arkansas (5:20 pm CBS)

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Sebastian
100* Villanova Over
20* Villanova
50* Davidson
20* San Diego
20* Arkansas
20* Mississippi St
20* Dallas Mavs
20* Lakers

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Strike Point Sports
3-Unit Siena+5
3-Unit Mississippi State+9
3-Unit Arkansas+11

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Stu Feiner
15,000 DIME BANKROLL BUILDERS LOCK OF THE TOURNAMENT NORT CAROLINA

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Bob Akmens (1-9-1 Run)
3* Siena Under 145
3* Texas Under 140?
3* Louisville Under 126

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
Tramaine King
Listen up!!!
I'm posting what I see, if I don't see it, I can't post it!!
Got It?
Go buy the plays then you can post!
WTF????
You try to help out and see the shit you get?

Tramaine King

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2008
I APOLOGIZE ITS JUST I TRY TO GO EARLY AND WHAT I HAVE IS ALREADY POSTED!! SO NO NEED FOR THE ATTITUDE....

Client9

The Love Gov
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2008
SPECIAL K
10* San Diego
10* Texas
7* Georgetown
5* Siena
5* Arkansas
5* Louisville

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
Fairway Jay is passing in the NBA on 3/23/08

3/23/08 CBB Big Drive: Western Kentucky -5 (710)