Sitting in a ICU recliner

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
watching my mother try to sleep, tubes everywhere. Tonight I volunteered to watch her as my nephews / sister are at X mas eve mass lighting the candles and giving my father a chance to go home and take care of his dogs and get a good night sleep. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer Nov 8.. she ignored all the symptoms for months. was told they caught it in time but this past week and 2 surgeries for an abscess and ileostomy later.. oh yeah and a chest tube yesterday for a collapsed lung.. We have an oncologist telling us we are still on track and will do immunotherapy cause she cant do chemo in this condition. we have a surgeon telling us to plan for the worse and that the oncologist is feeding us false hope. mom and i have had some goood talks reminiscing, remembering the good times. My heart wants to believe the oncologist but my nursing experience tells me the surgeons are most likely right. Was almost out the door to Green Bay when i got the news about the chest tube and ICU. did get someone to give me half for tickets last second even though i posted for free. As sad as i am im thankful we have been so close over my life time. Merry Christmas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

heleanth

Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Northern Wisconsin
I feel for you, brother. I lost my mom a month ago. Even though she was 92 and was struggling, it is very hard to lose your mom. I am very thankful for the years I had her and more thankful for the last few years, where my brother and I took care of her on a daily basis. I was privileged to have that opportunity.

I pray for your mom?s complete and speedy recovery! May the good Lord bless you, your mom, and all your family this Christmas and in the weeks to come!

Mike :0074

Reactions: PocketAces

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
So sorry to hear about your mom, Trevor. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
watching my mother try to sleep, tubes everywhere. Tonight I volunteered to watch her as my nephews / sister are at X mas eve mass lighting the candles and giving my father a chance to go home and take care of his dogs and get a good night sleep. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer Nov 8.. she ignored all the symptoms for months. was told they caught it in time but this past week and 2 surgeries for an abscess and ileostomy later.. oh yeah and a chest tube yesterday for a collapsed lung.. We have an oncologist telling us we are still on track and will do immunotherapy cause she cant do chemo in this condition. we have a surgeon telling us to plan for the worse and that the oncologist is feeding us false hope. mom and i have had some goood talks reminiscing, remembering the good times. My heart wants to believe the oncologist but my nursing experience tells me the surgeons are most likely right. Was almost out the door to Green Bay when i got the news about the chest tube and ICU. did get someone to give me half for tickets last second even though i posted for free. As sad as i am im thankful we have been so close over my life time. Merry Christmas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Man. I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I am unsure of colon cancer symptoms as I am sure most here aren't aware. Talking about it could help others here. Could Six-Five (or you, BP if you're up for it) or anyone else talk about what to look for?

I hope for a full recovery, BP. It has been known to happen on many, many occasions.

Bet on MyBookie