Sitting in a ICU recliner

beantownjim

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 29, 2001
BOSTON
AND I THOUGHT I HAD IT HARD SITTING WITH MY PAIN IN THE ARSE BROTHER IN LAWS

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOTHER I HOPE SHE MAKES A FULL RECOVERY.YOU ARE A GOOD SON

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Thanks everyone, ma is out of ICU now.. Still a long road to recovery..

My mom was 154 pounds on Mothers day and now is 104 pounds.. The first 10 pounds she lost she said she was trying to lose, she lost that by July 4 well with having a camper on a lake on Norther WI I spent the rest of the summer there and only talked to my mom by phone. My sister calls and asks if I had seen mom, I'm like no.. I seen her in early October and she looked like she aged 20 years and had lost a ton of weight, She had a colonoscopy on NOV 8 and was immediately diagnosed.

Come to find out her general physician had a colonoscopy scheduled for her in early August but mom cancellled the day before. General doc says she tried for 2 years to get her to go in to have one done as she never had one. Mom is 66.

So the oncologist asks if she had bloody stools, abdominal pain, irregular stools and my mom says yes to all of them so here is where we are at. Sucks that this could have been easily cured, now its a battle, oncologist is optimistic, surgeon is not and telling us to prepare. My nursing back ground tells me that our chances aren't very good but you never know. So i have to go for the old scope in january.. Yuk but it must be done

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Trevor, sending my best wishes to you, your mother and the whole family. Hoping for a full recovery for her and some peace and enjoyment of the holidays for your family. Take care.

Scrapman

Rollingdembones
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2013
south east PA
chit chit n more chit the big c is bringing everyone down soory to hear about mom hope she pulls through this n lives another 10 years.

:0008

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
UPDATE-

My mom is doing really well (knock on wood). Her blood work is all normal, had gained 25 pounds and tumor has shrunk 90 %. Her doctor suspected she had a gene causing cancer and he was right, she tested positive for carrying the Lynch Gene called Lynch Syndrome. She did round of auto immune therapy to shrink it. She does need to have the tumor removed hopefully early August and have colonoscopy reversed. Confident the cancer won?t kill her but worried her years of smoking and copd May, my mom hasn?t smoked in 19 years but the smoking has caused her problems post surgical but anyways her prognosis is clear and just think x mas eve I was told she maybe on her way out before morning, hard to believe it?s been 5 months

Reactions: Skulnik
Bet on MyBookie