so it's been over 7 years...

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
and fucking dubya never caught or killed bin laden.. that is the most pathetic statistic i can fathom. i mean WTF???? how can anyone defend this atrocious administration? AT THE VERY LEAST this guy should be dead. ....right?

if this was 50 years ago, bin laden would be dead, saudi arabia would be in our posession, and we wouldn't have invaded a country that never attacked us.

...TIA JMHO.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
if this was 50 years ago, you'd be standing in line at your local post office filling out your draft card to go help.

so what's your point?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
if this was 50 years ago, you'd be standing in line at your local post office filling out your draft card to go help.

so what's your point?

Could be wrong, but I think his point is that the person that the person responsible for 9/11 is still free. Meanwhile, we have wasted hundreds of billions and thousands of lives in a 'war' against a banana republic. Not sure.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
and fucking dubya never caught or killed bin laden.. that is the most pathetic statistic i can fathom. i mean WTF???? how can anyone defend this atrocious administration? AT THE VERY LEAST this guy should be dead. ....right?

if this was 50 years ago, bin laden would be dead, saudi arabia would be in our posession, and we wouldn't have invaded a country that never attacked us.
...TIA JMHO.

Please let me know when and where Germany and Italy attacked us before we got involved in WWII.
And our involvement in WWI as well. I can't find any attacks on US soil before we got involved there either.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Please let me know when and where Germany and Italy attacked us before we got involved in WWII.
And our involvement in WWI as well. I can't find any attacks on US soil before we got involved there either.

We didn't declare war on Germany first. They declared war on us after we declared war on Japan. I don't know if we even had an intention to go to war with them at the time. They pretty much made the decision for us.

But I digress - I was drunk and never intended to reference 50 years ago or WW2 or any of that. The point being we never even dealt appropriately with the actual culprit. Now Bush is going to leave office without getting Bin Laden and starting a war we never had any business doing.

...Oh and and it's a bit ironic about all this whining about Obama's irrelevant "associations" when the Bush family has and continues to do business with Bin Laden's family and other brutal regimes. Nothing wrong with that I guess, huh?

I guess what I'm wondering - and maybe some folks on the right can answer - Did Bush ever even want to capture or kill Bin Laden? He doesn't act like that was ever a goal. Was it?

Tcas

Forum Member
May 8, 2008
FL
i dont think so Ray,i read today Osama bin Laden may be obamas real father.

Eddie Haskell

Matt 02-12-11
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Cincinnati
aclu.org
I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I know I heard that in a movie or saw it in Wikipedia.

With regard to WWI, I believe we got sucked into that do to treaties with Britain and France. Obviously in WWII, Japan attacked Hawaii, Germany declared war on the US first, and Italy, I think also declared war on the US.

I agree with Saul on this point though, bin laden and al quida are still out there. Another real issue is how divided the US is. I mean this started with the republican contract with America in 94 or 96. Bush made it more divided.

If we don't get united, bin laden is gonna get his wish. I mean all the attacks on Obama before he makes his first executive decision are amazing. Please right wingers, give the guy a break until he gets assinated would ya.

Eddie

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005

In WWI, Germany sunk mulitple ships with US citizens on them and attacked many ships with US designation. Final straw was a diplomatic note to Mexico suggesting war against the US and mutual areas of interest. Japan and Germany had a treaty that tied each other together in WWII so once we declared against Japan it was moot. You aren't comparing those to Iraq are you?

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I think it's important that you posted this smurph. Funny how it never seems to EVER bother any right wingers here, or those who claim to not be right wingers but defend this administration ad nauseum, to the point of dealing with this issue.

Bin Laden attacked us. We are supposed to be fighting terrorism, and we were supposed to be taking the fight to the terrorists and fighting them over there, and not here.

We failed, under the current administration, to get the person that attacked us on our soil. Period. And we are supposed to worry about what Obama might do in fighting terrorists?

How can he do worse than complete failure? At least he has described a plan to go after Bin Laden, and move troops to the places where he supposedly is.

Bush failed. McCain wants to keep up the failure, and even extend the failure indefinitely, and not go after Bin Laden.

A losing argument for anyone trying to defend the current administration, or put fear in the hearts of Obama voters, compared to a vote for McCain.

The hysteria is reaching a fever pitch. But some things remain facts. This is one of the most important ones, IMO TIA.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
tell me five things that W accomplished during his 8 years that actually benefited the american people.

1. well he managed to make himself, Dicky C, and his oil friends some very wealthy people who will never have to worry about health care or a pension, or unemployment insurance .

Bet on MyBookie