Sopranos

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I figured Wild Bill's death was coming because I knew he was shot in the back by Jack McCall in real life, and I knew it was because he was pissed that Wild Bill gave him money for breakfast after taking all his money in poker, but I didn't expect it to happen so early in the season.

There may be some surprises in television shows I've watched over the times, but that was a real "holy shit!" moment. Wasn't expecting it at all. I really liked the interactions between Seth (Montana) and Wild Bill up to that point.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I think you are right. 10 minutes, start the popcorn.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Okay, Vito blowin' the security guard? WTF? :shrug:
Why go there?

I'm through trying to figure out what's going to happen next after tonight's episode.

It's picking up though. On to next week.

nole

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Every week the show looks like it sets something up then it forgets about it the next week. Really disappointed in the show is year.

ryson

Capitalist
Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
IAH
Nole in Vol Land said:
Okay, Vito blowin' the security guard? WTF? :shrug:
Why go there?

I'm through trying to figure out what's going to happen next after tonight's episode.

It's picking up though. On to next week.

nole
I thought the same thing?but it is HBO and they seem to always incorporate some sort of sausage thing in their stories. Look @ Oz, it started out good then turned into a big queer fest. :shrug:

NickiD

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 24, 2002
Southern
ryson said:
I thought the same thing?but it is HBO and they seem to always incorporate some sort of sausage thing in their stories. Look @ Oz, it started out good then turned into a big queer fest. :shrug:

So is Six Feet Under....

Sopranos is getting a little better - I felt some foreshadowing that something might happen to Carmela?? :shrug:

The fight between Meadow and her boyfriend was hilarious - now that's REAL LIFE

:hitwithro

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
nickid quote:"The fight between Meadow and her boyfriend was hilarious - now that's REAL LIFE"

i thought it was hilarious also that instead of arguing, the boyfriend proposed just to shut meadow up !!

NickiD

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 24, 2002
Southern
AR182 said:
nickid quote:"The fight between Meadow and her boyfriend was hilarious - now that's REAL LIFE"

i thought it was hilarious also that instead of arguing, the boyfriend proposed just to shut meadow up !!

Exactly!! I've been there a couple of times and thank goodness had the sense to come out of the mindless rant to say NO!! lol

Keyser Soze

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2000
Orlando
I watched it by myself and was laughing out loud at the Meadow/boyfriend fight........Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one to relate to it.

verbalkint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2001
raleigh, n c
""""""I've been there a couple of times and thank goodness had the sense to come out of the mindless rant to say NO!! lol"
Made me want to break the tv, but that was the desired effect i guess. Unfortunately we all been there. MINdless rant perfect discription.

Phanatic

Forum Member
Nov 26, 1999
I've been aboard since the get go and this season is pathetic.. it's turned into a freakin soap opera and should be on in the afternoon with the rest of that crap! Can't wait for it to get over so I can watch Deadwood. What a letdown for a supposed final season :thefinger

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
That was no final. There are 3 or 4 shows left for this year. And it ws leaked they signed for 10 more next year. That will be it.They have to set things up some times. It's not that bad. they have many folks payed to be in the show they have to work them in some how. As the family gets older the style has to change some what.
DeadWood another BIG winner.

loudog

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
Interesting read on yesterdays episode:

James Gandolfini continues to turn in the best work by an American actor since ? well, maybe ever. The closing minutes of Sunday's ninth episode of The Sopranos should be studied, if not worshipped, in film classes, acting studios, wherever anyone gathers to learn or improve on the craft. Tony's bare-all scenes with Dr. Melfi ? he had a mommy-induced "panic attack" on the night his cousin, Tony Blundetto, was sent up the river ? were just jaw-drop amazing. And then minutes later, the Big Bear, foreshadowed by the return of the actual big bear, is happily floating in the pool again after squelching Carmela's efforts to divorce him. From momma's boy to Master of the Domain he'll never relinquish. It's a tremendous study in complexity, vulnerability, morality, amorality and infantilism. The Sopranos again has topped itself while also pulling the trigger on several possibly lethal differences among some of the key principals. This episode accomplished so much before ending with one of my all-time favorite tunes ? Bobby Darin's "If I Were a Carpenter." Superlative.

I actually thought for a moment that when Carmela saw his Escalade in the driveway, he was there to pour himself out to her. But he just can't stay in that vulnerable place; he has to snap himself back into his Poppa Bear invincibility. So there he is, floating around that pool, Mr. Reality-Is-Whatever-I-Say-It-Is. That final scene with Carmela watching him through the window as Meadow, on the phone, tells her that she's engaged, that Finn asked her to marry him, is stunning, overpowering. The writing, the acting, the camerawork come together to encapsulate in a few seconds the full arc of love ? from delighted squeals of hope and excitement to the choked-back sobs of despair and hopelessness. There's more going on in that moment when Carmela says, "God, I'm gonna cry" than most shows are able to muster over their entire existence. Really, this may be my favorite episode ever, this season just keeps going higher and higher. Those naysayers who have been saying the series is just going over the same ground and offering no surprises are going to have to find a new revisionist tune to whistle. Tony's revelatory session with Dr. Melfi shows there's no ground so familiar that digging deeper won't turn up fresh dirt. And you want surprises? How about Vito's head popping up when Finn pulled in early to work? Now, that's entertainment.

I don't know if there's a "true" Meadow, but she's certainly her Daddy's (and Mommy's) daughter. What's ironic is how the very things Carmela instilled in her so that she wouldn't be stuck like her mother ? the quest for a transcending education, the self-reliance ? are now making it possible for Meadow to dismiss Carmela's feelings. "You have options," Carmela told her. "I have a lawyer." But not for long. One of my favorite Sopranos motifs is the off-camera show of strength, especially when it involves Tony taking care of business. Despite his vulnerability, despite his near-violent confrontation with his maybe-soon-to-be-ex-wife (or maybe not), he's smarter and more powerful than he sometimes seems. Now, what to make of Vito's off-duty work at the job site? It's such a surreal touch, even on a show that has given us talking fish among other hallucinations. With this gang's combination of homophobia and penchant for violent resolution, Finn or Vito or both could be sleeping with Big P. even before Paulie, who again popped up for a cartoon moment. After his insult of Joe Peeps was topped, he went off like a hurt schoolgirl. I hope he goes first. In any case, the show appears headed for war on all fronts ? including the New York scenario that Tony just got dragged deeper into ? and this episode did a great job of weaving together the personal and the political.