Started with $1000, Will end up with $13,283.32

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hello there

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2001
I ALREADY KNOW WHICH FINAL FOUR TEAM I'M GOING TO THROW IT ALL DOWN ON NEXT.

I came here with a $1,000 and a dream to make $10,000. However, letting it All ride in every game, I'll end up with $13,283.32 after I win my 4th straight play this Saturday. Even better!!!

However, it's 5 more days till the games and someone(Heinrich, Wade, Ford, Anthony) could get sick or injured in practice so I'm going to wait. Can't take any chances to early with this much money on the line.

I will be risking the entire $6,957.93 To Win $6,325.39

After Saturday,
I am very confident I will end up with $13,283.32 in the bank. :D
Stay tuned :clap:

Last edited:

michaeljbird

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2002
Little Rock,Ar.
Hello.......................................Hello...............................I'm waiting on you............................................................Hello.........................I'm starting to Chubb...........................

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Intimidator

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2001
Minneapolis Mn.
Hmmm

Hmmm

I was thinking more about the size of his brain. Pea size :(

Anyway why in the world don't you play 5500 to win 5000

If you win you will have your 10k actually 11957.63 and if an act of god occurs and you actually lose the game you will still be at $1457.63 a 457.63 winner and you can start another quest for 10k with your 1.457k. Seems to much like common sence though.

Good Luck

I know :thefinger

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
I'll offer up one more attempt at advice. A 100% Kelly criterion play, when your expected ROI on a given pick is at MOST +10% is nothing short of insanity. I realize this is a short-run experiment and I'm really hoping you hit it. But the full rollover strikes me as being a pretty dumb move. GL.

hello there

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Re: Hmmm

Re: Hmmm

ChuckyTheGoat said:
I'll offer up one more attempt at advice. A 100% Kelly criterion play, when your expected ROI on a given pick is at MOST +10% is nothing short of insanity. I realize this is a short-run experiment and I'm really hoping you hit it. But the full rollover strikes me as being a pretty dumb move. GL.

Good advice! It was dumb rolling it over from the very first pick, then the second, then the third, at this point, the way I see it, I might as well be smart enough to be dumb one more time. ;)

Intimidator said:
I was thinking more about the size of his brain. Pea size :(

Anyway why in the world don't you play 5500 to win 5000

If you win you will have your 10k actually 11957.63 and if an act of god occurs and you actually lose the game you will still be at $1457.63 a 457.63 winner and you can start another quest for 10k with your 1.457k. Seems to much like common sence though.

Good Luck

I know :thefinger

If I lost, ya say will come out with "$1457.63 a 457.63 winner" ?? :SIB
HHmmm, it seems good, but when ya think about it, I'd just end up taking that money and throwing it ALL down again, so heck, why not just do it all now???
LET IT RIDE :Yep:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
truly hope you hit the play.
but the fact remains, if you win- the house is merely "loaning you money" because they'll get it back at some point- as they always do with haphazard betting styles.

nothing frustrates me more than seeing the house collect from a guy who has beaten them %-wise, and in this case- the house will be collecting from you after you beat them 3 out of 4 games, or 4 out of 5. youve beaten the house for a good chunk of money. why give those fu/cks a shot at it- ESPECIALLY in a final four game where the lines is gonna be razor sharp.

really nothin more people can say. it YOUR money. i just hate to see guys beat the house and have nothing to show for it.

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
was curious

was curious

whats the goal of 10K for .. i mean if its just a # will you retire on your 12K instead of 6K ... or is it for college loan, car, nite with salma hayek? ... I prob missed it somewhere along the line this year, but whats the impetus of this soap opera

thanx, gregg:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
MJ you are killin me, bro

MJ you are killin me, bro

you need a chick my friend, and I mean that most philanthropically... hehe

gl with your bets,
gregg;)

hello there

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Re: was curious

Re: was curious

gman2 said:

why give those fu/cks a shot at it- ESPECIALLY in a final four game where the lines is gonna be razor sharp.

really nothin more people can say. it YOUR money. i just hate to see guys beat the house and have nothing to show for it.

The lines don't look sharp to me in both games. I want to throw it on both games, one on the favorite, and the other one on the dog. They actually look easy. However, I've learned to forget about the weaker game and concentrate on the stronger one, turns out better that way. Less games ya play, the better.

About beating the house, and have nothing to show for it, reminds me of those people who go to vegas on the slot machines, take $1000 with them, they spend $500 and wins $2000, and then takes their $2500 and puts it all back in thinking they'll win the big one, and they end up losing everything they started with. But year after year, they go back and do the same thing. But every so often, you hear a story where someone hits the jackpot. I'm going to hit the jackpot this saturday ;) No doubt it my mind.

pt1gard said:
whats the goal of 10K for .. i mean if its just a # will you retire on your 12K instead of 6K ... or is it for college loan, car, nite with salma hayek? ... I prob missed it somewhere along the line this year, but whats the impetus of this soap opera

thanx, gregg:D

When I DO end up with 13k+ when it's all said and done, I plan to go on vacation or settle somewhere. I don't know where, just anywhere. The reason why I need gambling is that life is a bore, same ole day to day junk. No family to hold me back or to provide money for. I'm going to take the money that i WILL win, go somewhere for 6 months and vacation, find a job during that time, find a new life, find a new feeling. Maybe find someone that will last. ;) Basically find a new and more stable "RUSH" in life instead of gambling(ya like that's possible). 6k is great, but with 13k, I can get a better car to drive away into the sunset with. heh heh. That's my plan, but who knows. If I lose.......wait, I won't lose :D

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
Well then................whos the play. Why not just tell everone who you like now. I am sure you play isnt going to move the line.............Tell is who you like and why........

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hello there

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2001
maverick2112 said:
Well then................whos the play. Why not just tell everone who you like now. I am sure you play isnt going to move the line.............Tell is who you like and why........

Sorry, if it does move, I don't want to even have paranoid thoughts that I might have moved it, even though I didn't. :)

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
I have seen people go on double digit runs plenty of times. You style is different but it is your money and you know this has failed in the past. So if you choose to take this path again go for it.

Knock the book dead :bigun:

Dizzayton

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
What???? Did you not get enough attention as a kid. I know when I'm betting VERY LARGE amounts I don't blabbed my mouth, it's bad luck if you ask me. I'd have toguess that you strong play is Marq and your weaker play is Texas, but you know what I think.....Syracuse v. Kansas final-believe it or not!!!!!!!!!!

x2man

Forum Member
May 19, 2002
Texas
Really admire your GUTS!!!. I speak for myself, I couldn't do it. If I had 6000 from 1000, I would be a happy camper. I know that when I put just 500 on a game I feel a rush that is unexplainable, (thats a max bet for me).
What some people here are failing to see it the Rush, we all now, the feeling we get when we lay it all on the line and the game is close. We sweat the hell out of the game, every free throw, every shot, cuse the players for every turnover.
We also know the sleepless night following the win:D or loss:eek:
Wish u the best of luck.

JEFF

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2001
The lines don't look sharp to me in both games. I want to throw it on both games, one on the favorite, and the other one on the dog

Texas and Marquette, I'm guessing? Call me a mind reader.:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
bankroll management

bankroll management

hello there,

Listen, risking everything is not cool. Yeah, it might have been worth it early on when your bankroll was small. I've done it. But when you get to the point where you are now, NEVER, I mean NEVER risk it all on one play. It's not worth it.

Think of it this way. If you lose the $6K, you'll be back down to nothing. You're gonna have to start all over again. If you just put up 1/2 of that, at least you got something left.

Remember, in gambling, it's not how much you win, IT'S HOW MUCH YOU DON'T LOSE. We all will lose at some point, just gotta minimize it. It's common sense, my friend. You might win it this time around, but I'd hate to see you lose it all on just one bet. :)

hello there

Forum Member
Jul 17, 2001
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there