Stevens re-elected in Alaska!

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
He wouldn't have got my vote Smurph--but remodeling scam is bit diff than extortion--or getting caught smoking crack with whores--

but if he were found not guity he was still the biggest porker in congress and need to go.

Kinda like tapping your toe isn't same as "deleted"
I'm being nice today :)

I assume that there will be no more talk from you about how it's so one-sided when it comes to staying in office after a scandal?

He wouldn't have gotten your vote? That's your answer? You pound incessantly on about how some shady Dems stay in office without really being charged with anything, much of the time, but a convicted felon gets your goat because of his pork projects and that's why you want him out now? You're all of a sudden worried about his pork? (you know what I mean)

You can say it, it's no big deal. Larry Craig and Ted Stevens are criminals. They are the same as the democratic criminals. Free yourself!

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Alaska is a heavily Republican state and the word in Alaska was that the Senate would essentially kick Stevens out on ethics grounds so Palin would then get to appoint a replacement and keep a Republican in place. So it is more a vote for "some Republican" rather than Stevens.

And of course a decent chance Palin would appoint herself.

Eddie Haskell

Matt 02-12-11
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Cincinnati
aclu.org
Very dapper, Gary. I like the look. I do believe I've seen you on some local counties sexual predator web sites. Ahh bad joke.

Is Stevens a lawyer? I assume if so, not for long. He will be censured by the Senate. Do you think Govenoress Palin will have the gonads to appoint Govenoress Palin herself Senatoress? I guess if Alaskans can vote a convicted felon senator anything can happen up there.

What the hell is in the water up there, Yukon Jack?

Eddie

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Saul:

It was the post about red states that I would not want to live in. Actually Alaska was one of the ones that wouldn't be bad because of the scenery etc. (although I've never been there).

I would have a problem with clubbing baby seals.

Eddie

I always enjoy the irony of someone living in Ohio throwing stones at other states. That's downright comical.

Love ya, Eddie.

Eddie Haskell

Matt 02-12-11
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Cincinnati
aclu.org
Dawg:

Does the rest of country look upon Ohio as, lets say, South Dakota? I mean I remember when the late night talk shows were making fun of Cleveland and its river and mayor catching fire but that was back in the 70's. I thought if someone from another state (other than the coasts) got transfered to Ohio, it may not be the best transfer, but it wouldn't be as bad as say, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, or most of the red states that I so politely slammed in the other thread.

Eddie

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Dawg:

Does the rest of country look upon Ohio as, lets say, South Dakota? I mean I remember when the late night talk shows were making fun of Cleveland and its river and mayor catching fire but that was back in the 70's. I thought if someone from another state (other than the coasts) got transfered to Ohio, it may not be the best transfer, but it wouldn't be as bad as say, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, or most of the red states that I so politely slammed in the other thread.

Eddie

I think it's clear that I'm not actually going to search through threads looking for this list of 22 states, but out of the ones listed here I would take Wyoming and Oklahoma over Ohio based on personal experience/opinion.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Really?

See, I just think of dust, Henry Fonda, wagon trains and Cheney when I think of those two states.

Eddie

This is ironic coming from someone who has spent his life living in KY, GA, OH, GA, TN (GA had two separate tenures), but OH was by far the most redneck and racist state that I have lived in. It's not even close. I will admit that being in the industry that I was in (tier-1 supplier to companies like Delphi, Ford, GM, etc) probably skewed my view of the state due to the people I dealt with on a daily basis. But it was a pretty consistent picture that was painted, and it was one that didn't give OH a whole lot of room to point at Southern states as racist and uneducated.

Now all of the other states mentioned here have worse cases of racism that can be pointed to, especially historically. But OH, in general, had more of an undertone of understood segregation and bitterness to the other race than the Southern states from my experience.

Outside of being across the river from northern KY, have you spent much time in the South? I'm sure we've had this discussion before. For some reason, I think I remember that you're not originally from OH but I'm not sure if that is accurate.

All the best. Generalizations are dangerous.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Dawg:

Does the rest of country look upon Ohio as, lets say, South Dakota?

I have to admit that I've never really given much thought to the Dakotas so I don't really have an opinion.

I can assume that not everyone is like Fargo, but who knows.

The Judge

Pura Vida!
Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
SJO
Stevens is now the first convicted felon to be elected to US senate. Gotta wonder what is wrong with Alaskans.
Correct me if I am wrong but when Stevens steps down, doesn't Palin get to appoint his interim replacement?

What are the chances that she could appoint herself? :scared

Edit: I just saw that Sun posted almost the exact same thing.

Bet on MyBookie