Stocks Turn Higher as Oil Prices Fall Below $114-

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Top Stories
Stocks Turn Higher as Oil Prices Fall Below $114- AP
Wall Street turned higher Monday as the price of crude oil fell below $114 a barrel, easing investors' concerns about the impact of inflation on the economy.

Gee whizz!

Hard Times

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2005
OK,Stevie what does this mean? Oil was 16.00 dollars a barrel in Nov.1999 Iraq was doing its part,supplying lot of oil.This damn war for control of oil supply.These SOB'S have set out to control the flow and they did just that in IRAQ.This damn war in Iraq has got nothing to do with terrorist.A perfect case of WAG THE DOG.Can you imagine how much they made and are going to make with this newfound oil supply in Iraq.The War has nothing to do with security but everything to do with BIG OIL and a corrupt government in colusion together.It's not about how much we make today but how much in 10-20-30 years from now.In order to work the plan it helps to have certain people in power ,but its not a piece of the puzzle that they must have.
July 11th oil was 147.27 now tell me whats changed in one month,today oil is 114.00 and change.
The election is getting closer.Surely that's not it.You stopped hearing about the WAR because the real power knows that you worry more about money.Energy bill,your mortgage or if you can "to quote a perfect piece of filth" put food on your family.Just a game that the BIG BOYS are playing.If you'er not a slave you soon will be unless you'er working a good government job.IMO
Middle class America has been sold out,stepped on,pissed on and swept up with the influx of aliens so we are all alike. Everyone equal,got it.

Last edited:

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
splain dis to me...

Oil is almost 10 times what it was in 1999.
By your "cause and effect" methodology, the market should be in the basement right now.

because as oil goes up, stocks go down... yet here we are with the market sitting higher than it was in 1999.... and oil is 10X the cost.

weird eh?

Hard Times

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2005
splain dis.Are you talking to me JAR HEAD. Maybe you need to go to Mexico and help bring a load of dope accross the border.Maybe Afgan poppy fields is where you'er needed.Military and CIA are in the drug trade,they launder almost a trillion a year and they are big players on wall street.The only thing that you know is what the chain of command tells you.I wonder if they know that you'er posting on this forum.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Market higher then 99/00??? Wow looking at my info it was much higher then. It started taking a dump in 01/02. And never caught back upto late 07. We more or less stood still for last 7 years under Bush. And were down still.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
splain dis to me...

Oil is almost 10 times what it was in 1999.
By your "cause and effect" methodology, the market should be in the basement right now.

because as oil goes up, stocks go down... yet here we are with the market sitting higher than it was in 1999.... and oil is 10X the cost.

weird eh?

Marine has a hard time reading and understanding anything. Even his own chart which shows for the last 18 months when oil goes up the market goes down. :142smilie Don't worry Marine, I will keep posting the truth and you can keep posting your American hating lies.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I'm guessing it Bush's fault our economy shot thru the roof because of the .com bs. People put millions in to these companies that dind't have any numbers to justify it. As soon as it crashes he's to blame.

From a technical point of view the market was due for a correction, it corrected itself down to a perfect retracement level and has been headed up every since.

Unfortunately when our economy is not doing wel the dollar struggles. The one big thing that is affected by that is oil.

But if you want you can blame it all on Bush, I guess that can be a lot easier.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
I'm guessing it Bush's fault our economy shot thru the roof because of the .com bs. People put millions in to these companies that dind't have any numbers to justify it. As soon as it crashes he's to blame.

From a technical point of view the market was due for a correction, it corrected itself down to a perfect retracement level and has been headed up every since.

Unfortunately when our economy is not doing wel the dollar struggles. The one big thing that is affected by that is oil.

But if you want you can blame it all on Bush, I guess that can be a lot easier.

Thank you for the history lesson. Now, please explain the last 18 months and where in this thread anyone blamed Bush for anything?

Intense Operator, you really have to stop crying everytime someone doesn't buy the party line. :mj07:

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
As a matter of FACT

Dow closed---

Aug 11th 1999-10,787.80
Aug 11th 2000-11,027.80

today august 11th 2008-11,782.35

oh DTB, you're forgetting (much like me) that in wallyworld fantasyland, actual numbers don't hold any value and can't be compared against each other for thought provoking discussion. Only pure speculations and sentences that contain "I think" or "I want" are to be included in any merit based discussion.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you for the history lesson. Now, please explain the last 18 months and where in this thread anyone blamed Bush for anything?

|
|
|
\ /

OK,Stevie what does this mean? Oil was 16.00 dollars a barrel in Nov.1999 Iraq was doing its part,supplying lot of oil.This damn war for control of oil supply.These SOB'S have set out to control the flow and they did just that in IRAQ.This damn war in Iraq has got nothing to do with terrorist.A perfect case of WAG THE DOG.Can you imagine how much they made and are going to make with this newfound oil supply in Iraq.The War has nothing to do with security but everything to do with BIG OIL and a corrupt government in colusion together.It's not about how much we make today but how much in 10-20-30 years from now.In order to work the plan it helps to have certain people in power ,but its not a piece of the puzzle that they must have.
July 11th oil was 147.27 now tell me whats changed in one month,today oil is 114.00 and change.
The election is getting closer.Surely that's not it.You stopped hearing about the WAR because the real power knows that you worry more about money.Energy bill,your mortgage or if you can "to quote a perfect piece of filth" put food on your family.Just a game that the BIG BOYS are playing.If you'er not a slave you soon will be unless you'er working a good government job.IMO
Middle class America has been sold out,stepped on,pissed on and swept up with the influx of aliens so we are all alike. Everyone equal,got it.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
ProfitsOilVsOtherIndust3rdQ2005.gif

interesting

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
oil-sp500_thumb_1.png

Well, here is a graph of the correlation between oil futures and the S&P 500 on a daily basis for the current calendar year. As you can see, there have been two periods -- February and June -- during the year when oil really drove the S&P 500 down, and one period -- April -- when the S&P 500 rose merrily, despite higher oil prices.
http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2008/08/04/oil_vs_the_sp_5.html

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You can pick up your plate of crow in Aisle 6 at your local supermarket.

Last edited:

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
As a matter of FACT

Dow closed---

Aug 11th 1999-10,787.80
Aug 11th 2000-11,027.80

today august 11th 2008-11,782.35

Got any 'facts' on the DOW from August 11th 1992-August 11th 2000?

Let's examine gas prices starting from 3/03 to the present.

What kind of goofy thread this is?

What kind of point are any of you trying to make?

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Okay, it doesnt really show day to day as I can see. But it is interesting. It looks like the market recovers quicker than oil reacts. Or vice versa. Still not sure about the days when oil spikes and if there have been any when the market goes up. We know there are plenty when the market tanks when oil spikes.

Last edited:

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
Okay, it doesnt really show day to day as I can see. But it is interesting. It looks like the market recovers quicker than oil reacts. Or vice versa. Still not sure about the days when oil spikes and if there have been any when the market goes up. We know there are plenty when the market tanks when oil spikes.

or you could just admit that there is no direct correlation between the market and oil prices.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
Got any 'facts' on the DOW from August 11th 1992-August 11th 2000?

Let's examine gas prices starting from 3/03 to the present.

What kind of goofy thread this is?

What kind of point are any of you trying to make?

Steve is trying to blow smoke up all our butts and telling us that as oil rises, the markets tanks. And that's a fact Jack.

The rest of us are trying to reel him back towards earth.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Steve is trying to blow smoke up all our butts and telling us that as oil rises, the markets tanks. And that's a fact Jack.

The rest of us are trying to reel him back towards earth.

"Well, here is a graph of the correlation between oil futures and the S&P 500 on a daily basis for the current calendar year. As you can see, there have been two periods -- February and June -- during the year when oil really drove the S&P 500 down,"

Bet on MyBookie