stripped lugnut while chjanging a tire...

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i`m eatin` pizza tonight...a WHOLE F-CKING PIZZA BY MYSELF....AND THEN MAYBE SOME PISTACHIOS....

and watching the ufc......hunkering down in the bunker....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q37bFR1Gmio?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great plan :toast:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
gw you make things alot more complicated than they even have to be.

maybe yyz will come in and explain how you replace a bulb in the rear turn signal

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
just got it back....$301....

1 tire

1 stud

labor..

$301.00

:scared :scared :scared :scared :scared

enjoy the pizza..

shit happens GW

hope ya feelin' ok..:0074

PaSprint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2007
Central PA
just got it back....$301....

1 tire

1 stud

labor..

$301.00

:scared :scared :scared :scared :scared

enjoy the pizza..

shit happens GW

hope ya feelin' ok..:0074

You know I wasnt going to post again to ruin his evening but he needs to know how bad he got fucked here.
I charge $55.00 per hour at my shop. I guarantee I could have replaced that stud in 20 minutes....tops. I hope like hell you have Michelin LTX tires or something of the like.

300 bucks eh? :nooo:

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Get your regulator done at a body shop, and not by a mechanic. The labor will most likely be cheaper. cheaper.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
You know I wasnt going to post again to ruin his evening but he needs to know how bad he got fucked here.
I charge $55.00 per hour at my shop. I guarantee I could have replaced that stud in 20 minutes....tops. I hope like hell you have Michelin LTX tires or something of the like.

yea..not right what he did to GW

30 minutes later my mechanic would have said..

100.00 for the new tire..

stud and labor
give me $40.00 and buy me lunch .

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"

i`m in baltimore.....getting fucked is a way of life...the labor killed me...plus the little add ons(md tire tax/shop supply/yada yada)....

they claimed they had to torch the stud(i didn`t see any scorch marks on the aluminum wheel,thankfully)...truth be told,i really don`t know how they removed the damned thing........they claim to have tried several different kinds of lug wrenches with no luck(that i can buy considering what i did to that nut trying to keep from having to go to the shop,where i knew i`d get ripped a new one)

they stuck some shitty kind of open lug on the damned thing(just perfect to let the elements get into the bolt....luckily,i had a few extra "premium"chrome plated chrysler lugs laying around in my toolbox(lol)...at least they keep the elements from corroding the stud....

of course there was a total of $147 worth of "declined" services,so you know these guys were thieves....and i was a little rude on the phone(luckily,i didn`t see an itemized charge for that on the receipt).....:SIB

i`m sure there are honest vendors out there,but,all due respect sprint,i don`t trust any of em....

thanks for the help guys....i`m pretty sure i did about as much as I could to reconcile the issue....just didn`t have the wherewithal to do it at home....

PaSprint

Forum Member
Jan 2, 2007
Central PA
i`m in baltimore.....getting fucked is a way of life...the labor killed me...plus the little add ons(md tire tax/shop supply/yada yada)....

they claimed they had to torch the stud(i didn`t see any scorch marks on the aluminum wheel,thankfully)...truth be told,i really don`t know how they removed the damned thing........they claim to have tried several different kinds of lug wrenches with no luck(that i can buy considering what i did to that nut trying to keep from having to go to the shop,where i knew i`d get ripped a new one)

they stuck some shitty kind of open lug on the damned thing(just perfect to let the elements get into the bolt....luckily,i had a few extra "premium"chrome plated chrysler lugs laying around in my toolbox(lol)...at least they keep the elements from corroding the stud....

of course there was a total of $147 worth of "declined" services,so you these guys were thieves....and i was a little rude on the phone.....:SIB

i`m sure there are honest vendors out there,but,all due respect sprint,i don`t trust any of em....

thanks for the help guys....i`m pretty sure i did about as much as I could to reconcile the issue....just didn`t have the wherewithal to do it at home....

Well Wease being in the city I know the labor rate is much higher, but damn!
I think you got fucked over a bit. That being said, that is the normal feeling for most when taking the vehicle to the garage. It's places like these that give my source of income a black eye.
I'd lay odds that they hammered a smaller socket on the stripped lug and killed it with a 3/4 inch impact. In the 20 years I've been doing this I've NEVER had a lug nut I couldn't get off (even if breaking it off was the last option)
Times are tough right now and most shops lick their chops at people in distress... I hope like hell I never turn into one of those places.

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
I hate to see fucking crooks who aren't honest and take advantage of people. GW wish I lived in baltimore I would've went to see those scumbags and changed their way of handling things. PA nice to see a real good guy helping good folk out.

Bet on MyBookie