Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Dragons win 30-28:popcorn2

Good game. New Pal never gave up and should be proud. It would have been a tough loss to whoever lost. Really even teams if they played 10 times each would win 5.

Refs fucked us though and you know it :0003

I was packed in the middle of all those people and watching the clock my feet were so cold. They are just getting back to normal now.

Brent got too cold and left? :142smilie

It was freaking cold out there, that for sure.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
I didn't leave, I just left him alone for half of the 3rd quarter. I was talking to some old New Pal friends.
It is tough being there with the legend of Hancock County. Brent and I switched endzones at halftime best decision. The field was frozen for sure

Jack both teams had some tough calls but game changer was your team trying to go for it on 4th and 1 and your rb was in motion to early

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
No doubt Shawn. If East converts they probably win the game. New set of downs under 4 minutes would force NP to get a stop and burn all their timeouts, then have to drive the length of the field.

I watched the replay on IHSAA late last night (at least the highlights). Initially I didn't know if that was a catch and fumble by East early in 3rd quarter but after seeing it online and on all local TV stations it was one helluva defensive play by NP.

Both teams left it all on the field. From the Indy Star: Markell Jones, a Purdue recruit who broke the single-season state rushing record last week, finished with a hard-earned 154 yards on 33 carries. He said New Palestine was the best defense he played against in four years at Columbus East.

"I put this one on me," he said. "I didn't play up to how I should play. They had a good game plan. I feel bad for our young guys and especially our senior class. They played really well, especially (linebacker) Gabe Estes. They made it tough."

Kid played his heart out for sure. I can only think of one big run that he busted on us. If he could have made it around the corners a few times would have been a different ball game.

Due to the IHSAA success factor, Columbus East moves up to 5A for the next 2 seasons (football only). Points are awarded as follows: 1 for Sectional Championship, 2 for Regional, 3 for Semi-state and 4 for a State championship. Maximum of 4 points in a season. East won state last year (4 points) and regional this year (2 points). IF New Pal wins the title game on Friday they will also move up to 5A next year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Congrats New Pal fans, was a great competitive game, something neither team is used to.

Holding our record setting RB to 150 yards and your special teams play was the key. Our RB usually has well over 200 yards by half in most games we play. Your coach's decision to punt at times that I thought he should be going for it was very smart but I guess that shows his confidence in your defense and really gave you guys the best field position for damn near the whole game. We usually had 90 yards to go when you guys usually started at mid field. Your punter is damn good.

Good luck next week, it's a fun time and a great experience for the kids to play at Lucas Oil.

:toast:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
And I'm not making excuses but for the hell of it, I would like to see the stats in penalties. We were flagged for holding damn near every possession in the 2nd half and an illegal block on every kick. You have to admit. Not to mention the no call on pass interference in the 4th quarter that would have been a TD for sure. I'd like to see the penalty stats because maybe I'm just wrong.

Either way, we had our year last year and now it's your kids' turn. I hope you bring that trophy home next week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
East 6 penalties for 60 yards
New Pal 5 penalties for 47 yards

:0008 :0corn

That's cool. It's funny how the mind works. You believe and remember what you want to believe and want to remember.

That still doesn't sound right to me. Where you getting this information? :0corn

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Just got back in town - tough loss Jack, sounds like it was a great game

Yes, tough loss for sure.

What hat do you want?