The Walkout Will Fail

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I don't see how this protest will help any kind of immigrant cause. For one thing, what's the message? Yes - of course this country values immigration - it always has - that's never been the issue of concern. So, if the walkout is to make people appreciate immigrants - well, that message has been accepted for the last 300 years.

On the other hand, if the walkout is to make people appreciate ILLEGAL immigration, then it's only going to piss most people off. If this is the case, then they are basically promoting anarchy and telling everyone that they have no respect for our laws. How can that help anything? If anything, it will make more people aware of the borders and motivated to fight for stronger borders.

Plus, we generally have an attitude of here of - "Ok, so you don't want to work today - don't bother coming back." The ironic thing there is that the person who protested for illegal immigration will of course be replaced by an illlegal immigrant.

Also - the economy will not be hurt by one day being taken off. Management and other workers will just step it up a bit and get through fine. One day is nothing. I predict this will backfire bigtime.

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
This issue has really been bothering me. It has got under my skin like nothing else. Perhaps in a sense I am happy to have a political issue to deal with aside from the war....

a few thoughts...

1. I'll chime in again about how selfish these protesting criminals are. The time, money, sweat and tears that legal immigrants put forth, makes this so appalling to me.

2. I love how some big businesses are tolerating their illegal workers taking the day off. They don't want to bite the minimum wage worker that feeds their profits.

3. Every time a poll or vote is taken, citizens say they want more rules and less rights for illegal immigrants, but politicians ignore "us"

4. At least here in California the theme is "a day without immigrant workers" as if the world cannot survive without them. I agree with smurphy that in a sense it won't do that much, other than inconvenience some people.

But seriously, nobody is denying that we all need each other. I mean a day without black people would suck, a day without irish people, garbage men, system analysts, baseball players, diabetics and on and on. SO WHAT?

5. It sickens me that really everyone I talk to that supports these protests has no actual logical points to make. Within 5 seconds of initiating a conversation, they immediately fall back on some buzz phrase or emotional response. They have no ability or interest in actually debating the merits of any side of it.

But seriously folks, I am starting to worry that this really won't backfire. Mayhem. :sadwave:

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
who are the commies behind this thing anyway???

where do these people think they are exactly and why are they shoving their arrogance in our faces???

are these people going to not show up at the hospital for free health care too?

strongly doubt it

aside: the leftist mainstream media has been a great tool in organizing, advertising and orchestrating this whole charade

what a joke

and nice the People's Republic of California for rubber stamping this thing -- not too sure what ever happened to this state, but this money drain is getting close to being asked to leave the union by a lot of us

Last edited:

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Freeze, why do the rich and the corporations continue to hire illegals. The corporations are the criminals not the people. These illegals are for the most part working for a living at under minimum wage without benefits. Once again it is the corporations who are the criminals.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
StevieD said:
Once again it is the corporations who are the criminals.

are you completely unfamiliar with our immigration laws?

or do you just go by whatever law you think there should be and think we should all agree to that

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Do you just decide that if someone has money then they can do no wrong? If these corporations were not illegally hiring these immigrants then we wouldn't have this problem.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Cheap Labor Always's a draw. The best companies in the country can't help them self. Even if they know there illegal. They made there point 2/3 weeks ago. No need for this today. Let the law makers get something done. But first things first. Secure the borders.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
The corporations are the criminals not the people.

So the ILLEGAL immigrants aren't criminals.

And I hate to inform you that it isn't just big corporations that hire these people. Why do you hate corporations so much? There are corrupt companies, but they are not all bad. You are simply prejudice. I just get the feeling that you aren't as successful as you would like to be, and the people actually making more money than you are your easy way out of taking some blame for it yourself.

The real issue here, in my opinion, is that it seems like most Americans want this chaos to be dealt with, but our politicians do nothing about it.

I want to know how I, personally, can make a difference on this issue barring joinging the minutemen (I have a family to provide for, so it's really not an option). Will writing my representatives make a difference? If so, I'll start writing today.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
If these corporations were not illegally hiring these immigrants then we wouldn't have this problem.

you really don't think they would come here with a free pass for helath care and other nice things our government is so inclined to provide them?

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Dawgs, let's try not to get personal and stick to the issue. I was not talking about the ones who do not work. I was talking about the ones who do work. It is illegal to be hiring these people and not paying Social Security and Workingman Comp, as well as oither benefits that we as American workers are entitled. Instead of rounding up millions of illegals and sending them back, why not go after the corporations who are enabling them?

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I somewhat agree with some of your statements. But if you only go after the corporations, you are not only going to still have the Illegals, but now they are going to be even poorer than they are now. Where exactly will that get us. A one-sided attack (attack companies but not the illegals or vice versa) simply will not work.

It seems that everytime an issue comes up, you blame "big corporations" for all the woes of this country. You are simply flat-out wrong to have that attitude. Just like I would be flat-out wrong to think that big corporations do no wrong.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
MEXICO CITY -"" They may be light years away from fulfilling their dream, but Mexican lawmakers are preparing to launch a national space agency they hope could one day stand tall beside the United States' NASA.

Mexico's lower house passed a law on Wednesday, which if approved by the upper chamber, would create a space agency to coordinate research and work with universities and the private sector to launch communication and weather satellites"".....

mexico plans on it's own space program.....not going to the moon, just planning landings in southern california......lol

what really irks me is that geraldo is still on t.v. pretending to be hispanic....

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
So Dawgs Do you agree to penalties against companies that illegally hire illeagles or are you just for throwing the illegals out?

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
the negative: "illegal immigration" is nothing more than wage price control by the ones who buy the senate and congress(big business),,,

the positive: i haven`t seen any srcrotal inflators....

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
ole georgie(chimpy)started this and instead of being a hero, the mexicans hate him.....

consider him a weak bumbler who is being spun by the open border democrats.....

just maybe.... the apprach of getting everyone inside before you secure the borders has a flaw...... lol

The Judge

Pura Vida!
Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
SJO
dawgball said:
So the ILLEGAL immigrants aren't criminals.
This statement is accurately correct. The correct term is "undocumented" immigrants who by the way, have committed no crime by entering our country without a visa. Those that are caught are not "arrested", they are "detained" until they can be deported.

Do not misunderstand my making the distinction as I live in Texas and am all too aware of the problems caused by undocumented workers. Unfortunately, as long as there is a demand for their services, it is not likely that the immigration wave from the south will stop. Companies that knowingly hire people who are not legally allowed to work in this country should face much stiffer penalties and of course, enforcement should be beefed up in this area.

If this boycott is widespread, I think many will be surprised with it's impact.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
So Dawgs Do you agree to penalties against companies that illegally hire illeagles or are you just for throwing the illegals out?

I think it is a two-pronged approach. Actually three because we need to be stopping further ILLEGALS from coming in.

Judge -- are you serious? I actually think you are, but I may be missing you sarcasm. If that is true, then we are truly one FUKCED UP country.

Damn, I am dripping with anger today for some reason.

Edit for add-on: It is really hard to tell. Most right leaning news outlets refer to them as Illegals Immigrants/Aliens and most left leaning outlets refere to them as undocumented.

Is someone really not breaking a law by coming into our country by other means than the approved avenues? Please tell me that is not true.

Last edited:

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
dawgball said:
A one-sided attack (attack companies but not the illegals or vice versa) simply will not work.

Just to point it out in my first post Stevie.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
judge...

Section 1325. Improper entry by alien

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection;
misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States
at any time or place other than as designated by immigration
officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration
officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains
i entry to the United
States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the
willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or
imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or
imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both....

i know federal immigration law is pathetic and convoluted,but,
i think this is considered illegal...

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Everyone like Dr. Freeze who keeps making this thing a left-right issue is completely missing the point.

And Freeze - California is the world's 5th largest economy. This "drain"as you put it leads the way for the US in many - if not most- industries.

http://www.lao.ca.gov/2002/cal_facts/econ.html

Your ignorance on these matters is astounding - you should maybe sit on the sidelines and learn a bit before constantly making an ass of yourself.

Bet on MyBookie