The Walkout Will Fail

countinguy

Wait til Half
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Indy Home of Basketball and Racing
Well just got back from the local Mc Donald's guess what, it wasn't closed down and service was swift as ever.

The only thing I seen affected by the walkout today is the little Mexico part of our city, but guess what only mexicans do business there anyways!!! LOL!!! this is such a big joke:)

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
more protest irony and shenanigans....

how do you protest kidnapping and rape in the 3rd world?....

place yourself at risk of kidnapping and rape in a d.c. park, of course!....

"Student-Protesters spend the night in park
to raise awareness of kidnappings in Uganda"...

""Darkness had just fallen and a cold breeze swept across John Marshall Park. Sara Starr shivered, pulling her gray wool blanket tighter around her shoulders, and settled down onto a sleeping bag. It was going to be a long night.
-----
Some students said they were apprehensive about spending a night in Washington uncovered with hundreds of strangers.

"I was nervous to come down, and my parents told me not to come,” Starr said. “I mean, I’m with 1,000 strange people I don’t know, in the dark."

Still, protesters said taking their chances was worth it because of the cause."""

what do you call absurdity to the nth degree?.....absurdity on stilts?.....

:142smilie

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
some very good posts in this thread..good job...

stevie...

out here it's not only the large corps. that are hiring illegals....the landscapers & pool companies are also hiring the illegals....

imo all companies, large & small should be penalized by paying a fine (not small) for each illegal that they hire....hit them where it hurts in the pocketbook...

i also think that illegals should be a given a choice to either go back to their country & try coming into the country the right way... or we should do like israel does...if any illegal wants to become a citizen they should serve in the military for 5 years...once honorably discharged they become citizens....if they don't want to do either of the above.....they should be locked up in gitmo because now they have become a security risk....

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
countinguy said:
Well just got back from the local Mc Donald's guess what, it wasn't closed down and service was swift as ever.

The only thing I seen affected by the walkout today is the little Mexico part of our city, but guess what only mexicans do business there anyways!!! LOL!!! this is such a big joke:)
Yeah, my lunch run was smoother than ever. Maybe they should stay away for good. I didn't have to struggle to understand the counter person at all today.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
AR, I agree with most of what you say. Not sure about Gitmo though. But I would put the CEO's there! :142smilie

Anyway, you touch on what I think is the real problem. That being in 5 years since 9-11 Bush has done nothing to make the borders secure. I would like to see him answer why not. Seeing as where theycontrol everything he has no excuse as far as I can see.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
smurphy - to clear, I don't think this is right/left at all. i was just having a hard time finding ou whether or not it was a crime. I happened to notice that (once again) that news is hard to gather, and I could easily tell where the outlet stoo by the first sentence.

I actually think this is an issue that the vast majority of people regardless of party agree on. that's where my main problem lies. Most citizens feel one way and our government basically at all levels is acting in another.

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
smurphy said:
Yeah, my lunch run was smoother than ever. Maybe they should stay away for good.

Yeah, Smurph. My daily commute was traffic free! Maybe they should hold this rally more often.

Bet on MyBookie