To Nolan Dalla--Are you for real?

zico67

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2001
Exact quote " I believe in ugly act of violence by fans"......

Are you for real? I thought you were a man of letters? I thought I read that somewhere on this site-It must be a lie or misprint. Please do not tell me you are one of these individuals who believes in the ever present conspiracy of coachs, refs, and umps.
I am sure you think games of all sorts are fixed. I could go on but I can not believe I am wasting my time. Thinking revolt or violence is a answer to sports results because of your "gameing"---unreal

Last edited:

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
The guy is an idiot.

I use to read his posts for the insight and humor (at one point his picks were terrible). It has been a year now that he is advocating violence and rioting at the refs and their calls. Not sure if he's sore losing at some lost wagers or seriously concerned about the poor officiating but rioting at a game over a call???? Come on.

If you were sitting at a game with your wife and she got hit with a projectile would you tell it to "suck it up, the officiating stinks and I advocate this"?

zico67

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2001
hellah-what percentage of games in the last 50 years have been proven to be fixed? About 0.0000000000001%-Every week someone on this site thinks the "fix" is in...

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
in the last 10 years....

Arizona St basketball - hell they even made a movie about it

Boston College - dont know the full story

Northwestern football - guy is still in jail

Lousiville with, shit I forget his name...

Michigan basketball - was proven! When Robert Traylor would come to practive in a brand new Ford Explorer...and then he said his grandma paid for it.

So there`s 5 for sure in the last 10 years....there`s more out there that we dont know about...and probably never will. Iam sure if the student athletes want to shave points to give mom and dad back home some money...they could probably do it for one game while being favored heavily.

A ref, especially a basketball ref can fix a game easy. All ya gotta do is call 2 quick fouls on the point gurad (or best player) and he has to sit right away....

Iam just saying that, things happen behind closed doors....and its stuff that makes you go hmmmm

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
And nobody thought that you could fix the Pick 6 pool on Breeder's Cup day after four races were already won - too much easy money at stake, too many desperate, greedy people - there are bound to be times when things are not kosher.

michaeljbird

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2002
Little Rock,Ar.
zico, In all do respect,if you don't believe it goes on everyday,I'd love to play poker with you over the phone.How many people do you know that don't gamble?How many of them would love to bet on something they could absolutely control?Just because a guy puts on a football uniform,or a nice pinstripe shirt,does not make him inhuman.With my stock performance the last couple of years,I'd love to call one game as an official in the defensive secondary.You have the ability to give a team a first down or take points off the board every play of the game.Can you say "EARLY RETIREMENT"

Topdog

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Houston, Texas
People Bashing!!

People Bashing!!

This post is for Zico67 and gjn23. I seldom find a time where name calling is beneficial. I know Nolan Dalla to be one of the more knowledgable sports fans and handicappers around. He is also a smart card player. He helps friends without them asking, and also helps people like me that have little knowledge of handicapping. He gives us FREE information everyday in this forum and if you read his post you might realize what bad timing you both have. Just last Monday Night he gave everyone at this forum six plays on the MNF game. All for free, and he went 6-0.

If you agree 100% of the time with referees, PLEASE say so. If you can watch a REPLAY like the touchdown overuled in the Miami Dolphins game, just to name one, and still think that these referees don't have a great influence over the outcome of games, then it is I that is wasting his time here. Find a friend that knows an FBI agent and ask how many agents they have in the stands at sporting events just to patrol point shaving. I think the the heat of the moment and the snowball effect of obvious missed calls each week may have lead to the Browns fans comment. I certainly hope that all the people involved in all sporting events, including refs, return home safely, but I also vote for accountability for this profession. As we are all held accountable each week, for our actions in the business world, so should they.

Keep it Positive, Topdog

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
I have to agree with TopDog....Nolan isnt just a good capper.....he`s one hell of a smart guy. I always have and always will respect Nolans opinoin whether I agree with them or not...

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
The respect that Nolan has at this site and in many sectors of the gambling world is significant. While I personally do not condone a violent reaction to the ongoing problem of poor officiating, I can see violence toward zebras, umps, etc. in the not too distant future. Every weekend in the NFL these part-timers make decisions that affect the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people. Most of us can understand a mistake here and there, but when one team takes it in the proverbial shorts again and again, you do have to wonder. The NFL is probably the worst of the bunch as they have more than enough resources and clout to provide us with the best possible officiating every week. Yet they continue to use inept people. It is only a matter of time until someone goes off the deep end. Didn't the officials admittedly cost the Pittsburgh Steelers 3 or 4 games last year with incorrect calls? Whether Nolan's comments are tongue in cheek - only he knows. But an organized protest of some sort would seem in order. Otherwise we will revisit this same topic week after week after week.

Topdog

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Houston, Texas
FADE THESE!!!

FADE THESE!!!

Fade these plays and you'll have more time for reading and posting!! You won't have money for gambling!! This was last Monday Night.

RAIDERS TO WIN:
1Q: +.5 (-120)
1H: +3.5 (-115) FULL UNIT BET
2Q: +.5 (+115)
3Q: +.5 (EVEN)
4Q: +.5 (-105)

SIX PLAYS ON THE RAIDERS TONIGHT. BIG GAME.

Nolan Dalla

Keep it Positive, Topdog

michaeljbird

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2002
Little Rock,Ar.
I'm sorry,I got a little carried away,I loved the Raiders monday,as posted.Then when I knew Nolan was on the same side large,I went back in a got another dose............CHUB CHUB!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
Nolan has a right to voice his opinion thats what this board is for, agree or disagree the guy has a right to speak his mind. I tend to agree with him on the state of officiating this season in the NCAA, but I really don't see a soloution. The officials are human and they are going to make errors, but I think the conference's need to step up and sanction the refs that consistently make errors that are blatant to fans. You have to salute the Big ten and as most know here I rarely have positive things to say about the conf, but they have taken action against refs that were incompetent even to the point of terminating them.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Master Capper said:
I tend to agree with him on the state of officiating this season in the NCAA, but I really don't see a soloution. The officials are human and they are going to make errors, but I think the conference's need to step up and sanction the refs that consistently make errors that are blatant to fans.

I got a idea. If any official in pros and college makes a blatant error that affected the outcome of a game. that referee will be fined $ 5,000.00 for each occurance.

Now some will say hell they only make 30-40 grand a season.

YEH AND THE ONES THAT GOT FINED 30 K a yaer ....

guess what

they are the ones costing us good handicapping dollars by blowing plays. I guarantee you after the first few fines were issued this crap would stop !

Scott-Atlanta

Bet on MyBookie