to win the crown...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
I've had a great playoff run, hitting 3 of 3 series I played in conf semis, and 1 of 2 I played in conf finals.. (I had Pacers to win East)

In the Finals, I'm rooting for the Mavs... +177

300/531

Celts opponents have been injured at each round,
Heat missing Butler, Cavs losing Donovan Mitchell, Pacers losing Halliburton..

and honestly felt Pacers outplayed Celtics for the most part and threw away 3 of the 4 games.. so fuggem!

Yes, Celtics have Jason Tatum the self-proclaimed best player in the world..
Yes they've got Jaylen Brown and Derek White..
so who's gonna cover the Mavs big guys? the lobs from Luka or Kyrie to Gafford and Lively were quite effective all series vs Minny..

I like my chances! Luuukaaa!

Reactions: Slumdog

Slumdog

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2021
They’re nuts with this line. Total disrespect. Luka gonna spank em and call them all motherfkrs. 😂

He’s crazy

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
expose what Goldy? Please elaborate if you would be so kind..
Like, they gonna give the ball to whoever Luka's covering and expose his 'resting' on defense? or something else??

I've got time today so I'll let my fingers ramble for a while.. I'm interested in how you see it.
are you just a Celtics fan? Is that why you're rooting for them? or is there more there..?
It's fine whichever your reasons are, you can wager on whoever you like,
you had some fine NCAA hoops picks bk in Feb/Mar.. but what is it about the Celts for you?

Like any team, if Celtics come out and shoot 50% from 3pt line they'll blow em out and make it look easy..
is that what u expect to see?

Is it Brown's biceps that're gonna make the Mavs quake in their $200 shoes??

I do think Celts backup pt guard Pritchard is a good one! shoots the 3 and can break down the defense w/his drives..
and I think it helps Celts that Porzingas returns... he takes a big defender out away from the basket (seems like they all do that nowadays don't they??) and it never hurts to have a guy w/8 foot wingspan helping you rebound a little...
I think White does a very good job of allowing Tatum and Brown to look to be aggressive and he lingers out where they can find him if need be and he makes a lot of 3s.. and he seems able to play defense w/o excessive fouls

Still... It seems to me Celts basically try to beat teams in 1on1 situations.. which I'm not a fan of.
they've got talent obviously, but when you need to run a play to score, I like Dallas' chances better.
Jason Kidd played his way there, and as an ELITE point guard he KNOWS what works in an offense and what his players can/cannot do..
He was an asst. coach on a team that got there, and earned his way there this year as head coach.
To me, he seems like he's done an amazing job getting his team back up after a letdown.. they've had some great wins.

Luka doesn't try to spend much energy on defense, he takes a guy that doesn't get the ball much and sags into the middle of the key to help as the tatums or browns try to drive.. maybe his legs feel better after wk of rest!
even so, he's still probably gonna look slow out there, but he can be damn effective for a 'fat tub of goo'..

Coaching Advantage... MAVS
I think whatever adjustments happen will be slightly better by the Mavericks because of Kidd's expertise and playing experience.. he gets the most from his players the most consistently. Without a doubt to me.

It'd be hard to say the Celtics were consistent.. they did manage to get by their opponents tho, which is the objective.
With Kyrie and Luka, I don't think Mavs will lose by turning the ball over late in the gm 3 times like the Pacers did..
Mavs execute very well offensively at end of games as Luka and Kyrie have proven to be XLNT closers..

and let me add,
I grew up a Lakers fan, listening to Chick Hearn describing Jerry West and Elgin Baylor and Gail Goodrich and Pat Riley and Magic Johnson and Kareem and James and Kobe and that lazy butt Shaq playing AGainst the hated but respected Celtics..

I see their talent on the floor, but I don't think I see their TEAM as CLEARLY as I see the MAVERICKS..

I hope it's an exciting series, and I hope Mavs win ~ but like all of us, I've been wrong before!

LoB

Last edited:

Goldylock$

Kyler
Forum Member
Jun 2, 2022
Tally, FL
Maybe I came off disrespectful…I don’t have some formula to why I think Boston has no chance of losing to Dallas it’s just my opinion as a casual Boston fan.

Goldylock$

Kyler
Forum Member
Jun 2, 2022
Tally, FL
I expect to see Tatum and Brown finally answer the bell as the star duo they are , Kyrie and Luka are both deadly closers but overall I think Tatum and Brown hang with anyone, especially with Porzingis back on the perimeter.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
Maybe I came off disrespectful…I don’t have some formula to why I think Boston has no chance of losing to Dallas it’s just my opinion as a casual Boston fan.

If you think they have NO CHANCE of losing, you should be betting your mortgage on them. That said, they have had the easiest path to the finals I have seen in a long long time. They are going to really be tested, and there is NO WAY they should be laying over -200

Goldylock$

Kyler
Forum Member
Jun 2, 2022
Tally, FL
If you think they have NO CHANCE of losing, you should be betting your mortgage on them. That said, they have had the easiest path to the finals I have seen in a long long time. They are going to really be tested, and there is NO WAY they should be laying over -200
Dont have a mortgage to bet on it. Just think my team beats their team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg