Tour Championship

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
Dogs, I have no opinion on the Goosen-Price matchup but to say that Price will be out of place because of the weather is ridiculous. This guy was a regular on the European tour for years and I guarantee you for all the years he has been on the tour he has played in his share of cool conditions.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
1st rd results 1-0
Perry -110 over Estes @ Cascade

2nd rd
Howell -105 over Funk (.5 strokes)WSEX
like better than -125 (ties lose) at 365
Perry -105 over Sluman @ 5Dimes

Both matches have bout 20 yard adv off tee as Funk and Sluman ranked 29th and 30th at around 255 and Perry and Howell at bout 278. Will go on this angle before winds dry out fairways.
Also I don't think Funk will make it around in 26 putts again.

Myron I am aware that he has been around the world and played in cool conditions,my concern is how he played.
1st I don't think weather played much part yesterday as many played in short sleeves in what was projected to be low to mid 50 wind chill however I think weather does play an important part in capping (like watson last week) and have charted weather in PGA events for some time now.
As noted I had only 3 events in past 2 years with same weather for him,2 lukewarm in 2001 and the one this year which is not really enough to base opinion but enough to warrant a closer look so I go to his events in British Open,a good indicator.
I have temps for this year and know weather was mild for there(he placed 14th) the other six he played in he is cut twice with no top 20,s. With the above facts I base an opinion maybe he does not like cold weather.
If you have any data contrary to this I would be very grateful if you shared it with me and I can adjust the stats i have on him,however if it is an assumption: Price plays all over world-it is cold in some of those places>therefore he plays well in cold weather, I can't use that in my stas.
With that being said I will add, I appreciate your input and always value your posts as a savvy golf capper so I hope you do not take this wrong I am just trying to explain my reasoning which has only been right only bout half the time in matches this year so lots of room for improvement:)

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Midway 2nd rd 2-0
2nd rd
Howell -105 over Funk (.5 strokes)WSEX Win
Perry -105 over Sluman @ 5Dimes Win

72 hole standings
Singh-110 over Love 6 up
Toms -110 over Singh all square
Mediate -120 over Beem @ $plays (scalps everywhere) 5down
Toms -110 over Garcia @ Oly 8 up
Goose -110 over Price 3up

3rd rd plays
Toms -115 over Howell 72 hole cont @ Oly
VJ -120 over Funk -.5 strokes @ WSEX
Price +110 over Riley @ 365 (ties lose)
Perry +100 over Kelly @ SIA (ties lose)

Hitting fairways here has been a mystery as not that narrow and not much roll. Tiger only hitting 57%,VJ 54% and Mick 46% including 29% 1st rd.:confused:

Note.SIA has in running with 4 places which is quite generous considering size of field.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd rd results 2-1
VJ -120 over Funk -.5 strokes @ WSEX win
Price +110 over Riley @ 365 (ties lose)win
Perry +100 over Kelly @ SIA (ties lose) loss
4th rd
Price +100 over Choi @ 365 (ties lose)
Choi,despite missing only 1 fairway yesterday he manage only par and sits at 1 under while leading in GIR's here.Lots of room to go south.

Sluman +100 over Beem @ SIA (ties lose)
Basically a go against Beem

Perry -102 over Sluman @ 5dimes
Perry playing well here and also hedge on above in case Sluman spits the bit.

----and will reluctantly play
Mick +170 over Tiger 5dimes
Reluctantly cause he's played about as piss poor as possible ranking 29th in fairways hit and 28th in GIR's,yet has managed to keep pace with Tiger on this par 70 layout including beating him in head to head 1st day.He went 3-1 in rds vs Tiger 2 years back here including 3 stroke margin final rd.Both will have to play aggresively if Singh does not fold and it fits Phills nature a little more.--also he does have room for improvement but so does Tiger who's driving has also been erratic.

A little wind would really make this an exciting finish but not projected to get it.

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
I've just suffered a trauma and need counselling but as no professionals are available at this time of night I'll get it off my chest here instead....

I said in the post earlier "I'm not a lover of 72 hole match bets", Justin Leonard has just emphasised the point by shooting a 65 in the final round to tie Furyk who couldn't manage a single birdie in his last 10 holes. Goosen & Love who were also matched with Leonard both beat him easily :mad:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update:

Matchups: 3-2-0; +1.57 units

Perry/Beem WON by 3
Roberts/Beem LOST by 6
Price/Beem WON by 2
Price/Estes LOST by 3
Price/Riley WON by 2

Outrights: 1-2; -0.50 units

Woods 7th
Toms 3rd
Price 22nd

Small profit on the event. Price won two of his matchups despite a poor final round that saw him finish 22nd of 30 and Beem continued to be a good player to oppose. Similarly, the outrights were as good as they could get. Toms did briefly hold the lead in the 3rd round, but was no match for Singh over the course of the week.

PGA Tour ytd (pending Southern Farm Bureau Classic):
Matchups: 98-95; -27.74 units
Outrights: 21-91; +2.07 units

Nice week DTB :cool:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Thanks Stan I picked up some nice ones on your Euro matches that made it good finishing week.

Finals 4th rd 2-2 /72 holes 4-2
4th rd
Price/Choi loss
Sluman/Beem win
Perry/Sluman loss
Mick/Tiger win

72 holes
Singh/Love win
Toms/Singh loss
Mediate/Beem win
Toms/Garcia win
Goosen/Price win
Toms/Howell loss (thought this to be best bet of week)

Outright Furyk 18th
Outright week - .5 units ytd +43.75 (pending Farm Bureau)

Matches 2002 Finals (none pending)
week 11-5 ytd 288-270
units week +6.53 ytd +15.12

Was raining here all week so got to watch this whole tourney in entirement.Would have been exciting to have had some wind last 2 days and glad they will be playing here for some time as it is quite a challenge.Have never seen such poor driving by so many quality players.I think Tiger needs to pitch graphite shaft on driver in the can,right on top of Micks putter. Very strange peformances by both.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
That was a bad beat BM. I am checking things this morning and see I am clueless to how 5dimes hcp works and will avoid from here on out. I got a net $36 out of wager I was expecting $180 return on.
Coca Cola Tour Championship - tournament handicap - Vijay Singh (+2.5) 18/1 $10.00 $180.00 W $46.00 $36.00
:shrug:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
DTB I found Five Dimes' handicap odds - listed below - and you should have received $95 instead. Howell +4.5 tied with Singh +2.5, while no-one else in their field came close. Your $190 return would have been halved to $95. I can't see how they come up with a figure of $46 ... even if four people had tied Singh on the handicap it would have been $45.

Their customer service is very good at correcting mistakes ... they just make rather a lot!

==================

Amount Selection Odds
all golfers have action
dead heat rules apply
Tiger Woods (Scratch) 10/1
Jim Furyk (+5.5) 13/1
Ernie Els (+3) 14/1
Sergio Garcia (+3) 14/1
Davis Toms (+3) 14/1
Nick Price (+6) 14/1
Loren Roberts (+7.5) 14/1
K.J.Choi (+7) 14/1
Jeff Sluman (+6.5) 14/1
Fred Funk (+7) 14/1
Rocco Mediate (+6.5) 14/1
Rich Beem (+7.5) 14/1
Kenny Perry (+6) 14/1
John Rollins (+7.5) 14/1
Jose Maria Olazabal (+8) 14/1
Relief Goosen (+5) 15/1
Charles Howell III (+4.5) 16/1
Vijay Singh (+2.5) 18/1
Phil Mickelson (+1.5) 20/1

========================

To bring up these odds yourself, just login to Five Dimes, click on one of the futures options, eg 2003 Masters and at the very end of the string in the address bar in your browser replace the event ID ("eid") number with 3949 ( it is 3739 for the 2003 Masters).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
One point about that 5dimes list is that at the top it states "all golfers have action" yet several are missing. Could it be that someone like Kelly is missing but has also dead heated?

DTB,
It was bad beat but I am getting used to it. Match bets should be easy but I always seem to expect and receive a bit of bad luck.... perhaps my negativity about it transmits to my players :)

Also disappointed with the SFB not playing a 4th round as I had Toms in an each way double with Smith, it's a profit but only a fraction of what I had hoped. This week just sums up my season, feel as though I have not seen much of lady luck.... but better to get all her bad luck out of the way in one season and still show a profit.... next season she might spend more time on my side :D