Tuesday Pucks

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
With pucks the best game in town tomorrow looking to get an early start like some of the other diehard Mj'ers.

Recap:

One Unit Selection:
LN: 1-0, +1.00
YTD: 1-0, +1.00

Two Unit Selection:
LN:1-0, +2.80
YTD:4-4, +2.40

Three Unit Selection:
LN:
YTD:0-1, -4.80

Four unit Selection:
LN:
YTD:

Overall:
LN:2-0, +3.40
YTD:5-5, -1.80

JT
cool.gif
Sneaks

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
Today's Selection's

More information to follow:

One Unit Selection:
Boston / Toronto Under 5 -110

Two Unit selection:
Pitsburgh/ Atlanta Under 6 -110
Chicago -1/2 -110

Three Unit Selection:
Buffalo -130
Pittsburgh -1/2 -115

Four Unit Selection:
None

JT
cool.gif
Sneaks

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
here is alittle bit of the reasoning behind some of my selections this evening, starting with the triple unit Selections:

San Jose Vs. Buffalo

The sharks have been playing decent hockey of late to include a 5-1 pounding of the Rangers last night. The win last night proved to be an emotional one for the entire team, but the one who was impacted the most was Graves who was given a special ceremony before the game by his former team. ``It was just this feeling in your heart that's hard to describe,'' Graves said of watching his hockey life flash before his eyes on a giant scoreboard screen. ``It felt great, and all the different emotions were there. It was very special to come back.''

The game had broader impact for the Sharks, who enjoyed their best performance of the season as they defeated a rebuilding Rangers outfit that played its third game in four nights.

The sharks also took advantage of a tired ranger team by playing very physical hockey. In addition to scoring, Stuart enjoyed an active and physical game in the defensive zone, as he responded to the offensive challenges of Eric Lindros and Theo Fleury and also irked enforcer Sandy McCarthy.

``I tried to start out physically, and for some reason they didn't like that,'' Stuart said. ``Guys started running after me. It seems some guys were preoccupied with that instead of other things, and that worked to our advantage.''

Coach Darryl Sutter said, ``One thing we know about Stuey. You're not going to intimidate him physically. Usually in those games, he gets better.''

Although this philosphy worked well against the Rangers last night, i think it could backfire tonight against the Sabres. The sharks now take on the role of the tired team, as they are on a current six game road trip, with tonight being game five out of the six. They play in back to back games tonight, and it will be the fifth game in eight days. The coach for the Sabres, Lindy Ruff agrees:

I think there's opportunities during the year where teams are playing back-to-back and they come into your building having played the night before," Ruff said. "The end of the trip always seems to be the toughest. It should be a good opportunity for us."

Other numbers that point towards the sabres, the visitor has won four straight in this series and over the last ten games is 8-0-2. Finally the ATS winner in the series has alternated wins in every game of this series dating back to '97 (7-0) and on deck tonight is buffalo.

I am backing the sabes on the money line to avoid the tie.

buffalo.gif

JT
wink.gif
Sneaks

[This message has been edited by JT Sneaks (edited 10-23-2001).]

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
Trying to get two plays with one writeup in this one:

Pitt -1/2 +100 AND Under 6 -110

The six in this game has to be a reflection of how these teams (especially Pittsburgh) used to be able to put up scores, not how they have of late. Check out some of these numbers. The Thrashers, who open a four-game homestand tonight with Pittsburgh, have scored 14 goals in six games, a 2.33 average. The Penguins, who once resembled the Czech national team with a five-forward, pyrotechnic power play, have 16 goals in seven games, a 2.29 average.

Both teams may not score a bunch but they proved they can play well on special teams defensivly early in the year. Atlanta's penalty-killing has been outstanding lately, snuffing its opponents' past 20 chances with the extra man and 29 of 31 for the season. The Thrashers, though, haven't been much of a threat to score when they're down a man. Their most recent short-handed goal came March 8, when Ladislav Kohn got one against the Penguins. Finally the pens have not allowed goal in past 18 short-handed situations.

That cinched the under play for me, but on to the side. The pens although not scoring much of late have been able to ust it to thier advantage as they know defensive hockey can win the game.

Because of Lemieux's staggered starts, the salary dump of trading Jagr to Washington and Kovalev's injury, the Penguins have become more of a checking team than a high-wire act. "We've been taking the middle of the ice away from teams and it's working well," Lemieux said. "We can play any system. If we're down a goal or two, we can open it up. But as we've found out the last couple of years, a good defense can win a lot of games."

Also they own the thrashers to the tune of 8-0 in the last seven starts, to include 4-0 at atlanta. The are also the hotter team of late as they have covered the number two out of the last three games, while the thrashers are 0-4-1 in the last five. On the power play the thrasher are powerless as they are the worst in the league at 3.1 % or 1 for every 32 chances, and they have yet to win at home.

pit_logo.gif

JT
cool.gif
Sneaks

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
nice job tonight=

was with you on Chic, Buff, and Pitt....

good luck on Wednesday!

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
WOW

not only in pucks but ur hot in EVERY sport right now.

keep it up, i need some vacation money...going to hongkong and thailand for 3wks =)

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
First off thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it.
smile.gif

Secondly tonight is a perfect example of why I think the Penalty Box is one of the best parts of the MJ forum family.

Hockey is a sport that is the least popular and least bet on. So usually the guys that do cap in here know some great info, and the guys who don't, come in very willing to learn. Thirdly there are a ton of great cappers in here and little to no bickering, and you will never catch a tout trying to sell his hockey package
biggrin.gif
. Everyone in here is the exact opposite and go out of their way to help by creating the goalie thread, Great job Chenker, the POD thread kudous to you Mr. Mo, and other ways to assist at any time possible. Help threads that were created by new hockey bettors just trying to get action were helped asap, and lineup changes were posted in plenty of time to alert the forum.

I look forward to being a fulltime capper on the ice this year, and big congrats to everyone who had a good night tonight. I look forward to many more and thanks for making me a part of the best kept secret in this place
biggrin.gif

JT
cool.gif
Sneaks

iahawk06

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Sioux City,IA
GOOD POST JT!

I've been watching and reading your posts for a couple of years now, not only in here, but alot in the football rooms. I'd like to say that you do a good job!

Congrats on a great night &
Goodluck tomarrow and for the upcoming football weekend!
smile.gif

------------------
GO HAWKS!
iahawk06

thisisbad

Call me TIB
Forum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Excellent picks and excellent post. You are dead on about this forum, and i for one am glad to see a place where i can go in and see picks and no BS.

Thanks again man and best of luck to you in the future
smile.gif

------------------
Who is this Jack guy, and why is he so mad?

SikUnit

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Chicago,IL 50518 USA
Originally posted by JT Sneaks:
[I couldn't agree with you more JT. I have been doing a lot of lurking with no posting but I had to say that everyone is right about you and this group. I'm also going with some of your picks tonite. Gook Luck to All

------------------
Live life with "Quality" more than "Quantity"

[This message has been edited by SikUnit (edited 10-24-2001).]

freedtv

Forum Member
Apr 1, 2000
Nice job Sneaks.

You're also right about this section of the forum, rarely is there an unkind word to be said from any of the members.

Keep up the good work,

free

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
You're all a bunch of brown nosing butt kissing losers!! GET A LIFE already~~ ONE losing nite and JT will be the scum of the earth to you all, that we here ALREADY know him to be!! I hate seeing all the backpatting and butt kissing, if we can't argue then to hell with you all!!!

Bet on MyBookie