Vandi....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Does anyone really like Vandy + 13? Buying a point to 13... Its Vanderbilts QB's last game and he's been putting up huge numbers. The Vols are struggling in the secondary with thier best CB out. That's not to say that Vandy isn't....but Vandy should get thier points....They should get around 20 at least, and I can't see Tenn scoring in the 30's. Anyone else really like this game?

It's my biggest pick besides the under in the Bama game if the total gets up around 40.

Last edited:

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
love tennessee here.. Vandy is the public and sucker side. Way to many people jumpiong on vandy for no reason at all

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
If you were buying Tenn as a stock your house would be for sale right now. So that means you think Tennesee will score in the 30's?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steve2881

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2005
Cutler will give Tennessee fits, I live in knoxville, they don't give a chit anymore. I would stay away, Clausen is supposed to start. This guy is hot or cold, there is no middle ground. Think there are alot better plays than this.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
That's why I really feel like Vandy has a chance to win. This team has just been going down down down. And its the Senior's big day to shine. His wide outs have been playin hard for him, (cutler) Who wants to play hard for the back up QB? This team has all kinds of problems it seems like to me. And since they don't give a shit that equals points on the board for Vandy. Vandy's D sux but I know they will play for Cutler. This kid can throw the deep ball.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
Tennessee has been a DUD this season and has probably cost people alot of money. Joe public is starting to realize this almost 3 months later, and will try to make $$$ off this "not-so-late" breaking news. Vegas knows this and is luring you in with those 12 points. The way Tennessee has played, this line shouldnt be more than 7 or 8. The fact that it is so high is suckering in some $$$ on the Vandy side. BEWARE, I think Tennessee covers the 12, but not by enough for me to even think of touching it

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
Tenn. is overrated. This is a rivalery game and Vandys defense is decent. I don't see Tenn. winning by 7 if not at all.

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
You may be right Derek but If Tenn doesn't shut down Vandy early there will be a new coach next year. I'm banking that this coach really sux, and we will see the Tenn team that we see every saturday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
ldabdou said:
Tenn. is overrated. This is a rivalery game and Vandys defense is decent. I don't see Tenn. winning by 7 if not at all.

Tenn. is overrated? That's a statement I wont even begin to dissect. YOU ARE JOE PUBLIC man. You are going to bet on a spread because TENN is overrated? Seriously, think about it. Tennessee WAS OVERRATED. They are NOT overrated now. My post is directed at people exactly like you, late bloomers who dont get wind of trends and things till its too late. Do you seriously think VEGAS doesnt realize Tennessee was overrated this year? Do you NOT THINK that the LINES ALREADY REFLECT THAT INFORMATION? If Tennessee was playing to their pre-season ranking, they would be 3 Touchdown favorites at home on saturday. Tennessee being "overrated" has nothing to do with this game man

Reactions: ldabdou

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
I agree with you Derek but I don't see how you have broken down this game. You beat up on Tennesee but then again you think they will cover. Do you think that Vandy is really that awful by the way they have been playing. Or are you basing all of your insight on how Vegas looks at things? Your right about how Vegas looks at it. But HOW do YOU look at it?

Last edited:

ShivaShante

EZ Skankin
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2005
The Dirty 'Ham, AL
Let's not forget what this Tenn. team is capable of doing when one of the two qb's is playing well. I seem to recall an awesome comeback to give LSU (the most likely SEC champs this year) their ONLY loss of the year! Tennessee wasn't ranked third preseason for nothing. This team is loaded with talent, especially on D. They are simply one of the biggest under-achieving teams in history. Cutler is good, but he can't play D. Kentucky, who is an SEC bottom-feader, almost put up 50 on this Vandy team. Also, don't bet on Fulmer losing his job any time soon. He's got a winning % over 80, and his AD loves him. Best thing to do is run from this game, but if I was forced, I would take Tenn. and the points.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Good breakdown....Underachieving is well said, however The public hates this guy right now. I don't care if the AD is blowing this guy. Public Hate = negative attention = bad recruiting, and better recruiting for a team like LSU.

I think the best question is, is it likely for this Tenn team to score in the 30's? If they don't Vandy covers. Tenn has only done this once this year. And frankly they always find a way to keep the game close. What do yall think?

Think of it this way, if Vandy wins this game not only is it a big time win but also could be the reason for why Vandy may get a great QB replacement that would have gone to Tenn if Tenn would have beaten Vandy

Is it likely for Tenn to score mid to upper 30's for Tenn or no?

Last edited:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Vandy's best shot to beat them in a long time, plus, this is their bowl game since UK beat them last week. I like them a lot here.

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
DerekNJND said:
Tenn. is overrated? That's a statement I wont even begin to dissect. YOU ARE JOE PUBLIC man. You are going to bet on a spread because TENN is overrated? Seriously, think about it. Tennessee WAS OVERRATED. They are NOT overrated now. My post is directed at people exactly like you, late bloomers who dont get wind of trends and things till its too late. Do you seriously think VEGAS doesnt realize Tennessee was overrated this year? Do you NOT THINK that the LINES ALREADY REFLECT THAT INFORMATION? If Tennessee was playing to their pre-season ranking, they would be 3 Touchdown favorites at home on saturday. Tennessee being "overrated" has nothing to do with this game man
Dude get off your :weed: horse! If I was joe public man I would be all over Tenn. 14pt fav to the Cocks and lose straight up. 18.5 pt fav to the tigers they barely won? Late Bloomer! You don't even know me and how can you say that when you just found this site last month! :mj07: Talk about a late bloomer! All I said was that it's a rivalry game, Vandy has a good D and QB will keep them in the game. Tenn has only covered a 7pt spread once this year. Your acting like it's my GOY. :jerkit:

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
ldabdou said:
You don't even know me and how can you say that when you just found this site last month! :mj07: :

bro, being a late bloomer has NOTHING to do with when you JOIN MADJACKS.

So far your GENIUS comments include:
Tennessee is overrated
A person's sports knowledge corresponds with how long they've been a member of MJ's

OVERRATED=people think more highly of something than it is in actuality. I think everyone in MJ's and in college football period thinks Tennessee is a piece of Chite. Nobody thinks highly of them. you make NO sense man

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
ldabdou said:
Dude get off your :weed: horse! If I was joe public man I would be all over Tenn. 14pt fav to the Cocks and lose straight up. 18.5 pt fav to the tigers they barely won? :

I said this spread should be around 7 or 8 because of HOW TENNESSEE has played this year. When a spread is way off, it doesnt mean a team is overrated. Vegas wants money on both sides, they are not OVERRATING a team, because I gurantee they know alot more about how good TEnnessee or Vandy is then we will EVER know. They just want a line that people on both sides will take. OBVIOUSLY, b/c the line is shrinking, I am right. This line SHOULD be less than ten, and the books are MOVING it accordingly b/c of action on Vandy. This PROVES my point that the line was set high to GET MONEY ON THE VANDY SIDE. That goal was accomplished and its moving the other way to get some coin on TEnnessee to balance out the books. THATS why I called you a late bloomer. Its assumed that people under LINE MOVES, so when you call a team OVERRATED because of a high spread, you make yourself look uneducated

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
DerekNJND said:
This line SHOULD be less than ten, and the books are MOVING it accordingly b/c of action on Vandy.
QUOTE=DerekNJND] This PROVES my point that the line was set high to GET MONEY ON THE VANDY SIDE. [/QUOTE]
First & last of all, I would like to apologize to SCOCRSTUD on behalf of DEREKNJND for :mj22: hijacking this thread and criticizing other people within it.

2nd- What makes you think I'm a late bloomer? How do you know i haven't been betting against Tenn all year long? moon1
3rd you comment makes no sense="This line SHOULD be less than ten"! Well hello! Why do you think I like(d) Vandy +13 ;142loser:
4th-"This PROVES my point that the line was set high to GET MONEY ON THE VANDY SIDE" Vegas doesn't set a line to get money right away on one side" :mj10: Get your facts straight before you go Trolling, high jacking and criticizing people in other peoples threads. If you want to critizize people start a new thread. DEREKNJND learn some forum etiquette. :nono: :walk:

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
ldabdou said:
Vegas doesn't set a line to get money right away on one side" :mj10: Get your facts straight before you go Trolling, high jacking and criticizing people in other peoples threads. If you want to critizize people start a new thread. DEREKNJND learn some forum etiquette. :nono: :walk:

Wow, I dont need to say much, you proved your amateur status and ignorance in that quote above. Vegas doesnt set a line to attract money to a certain side?? You really shouldnt be gambling, you will never do better than 50%. The whole point of vegas setting lines is attracting money to a certain side, YOU :cursin: Why do you think its called HANDICAPPING? no, not handicapped like the schoolbus you ride.

The whole point is to attract business on both sides of a point spread. It is an inherent fact that every game will involve setting a line at a certain number to attract business to a particular side. If the ND/CUSE game was a pick, everyone would bet ND and the books would get crushed. It is +34.5 for CUSE to GET PEOPLE TO BET ON THEM TOO, not just ND. My facts are straight. Learn what handicapping is.

Status
Not open for further replies.