MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

INtheBLUE

Orgn Donor
Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
Birmingham
As far as opinion handicapping goes, I have only seen two comments that are correct here.

1. This is a rivalry game. And the funny think is that Tennessee has never had to see it as one so they dont get fired up for it like Vandy does. To contradict that Vandy has been 3-5 ATS since 97. During those 8 games, Tenn shut out Vandy 4 of them!! :scared

2. As far as Tennessee covering and Vegas catching on to the fact that Tennesse is, or was, overrated, Tennessee has only covered once this year on final lines. So NO, I dont think Vegas realizes how BAD Tennessee REALLY is. BUT, vegas is NOT about picking the spread of the game, that is our job. Vegas is about putting the spread where they think they can draw equal money on both sides. 12-13 is about right to make people say, "Which way should I go?"

As far as capping on stats, my method has Vandy losing by 5 with a 6 point variable. Everybody has their own way of stat capping so someone elses may be different. But I have them losing by up to 11. Pretty close to the line so I probably wont play it.

IMHO, Vandy would love more than anything they accomplish this year to knock Tennessee out of a bowl game! This year they have the talent to do it. I dont think they can really win, BUT I think they will come like they did against FL and not like they did against Kentucky.

If you just have to play this game, take the points you are given and pray Vandy scores first to get their confidence up.

INtheBLUE

Orgn Donor
Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
Birmingham
DerekNJND said:
OBVIOUSLY, b/c the line is shrinking, I am right. This line SHOULD be less than ten, and the books are MOVING it accordingly b/c of action on Vandy. This PROVES my point that the line was set high to GET MONEY ON THE VANDY SIDE. That goal was accomplished and its moving the other way to get some coin on TEnnessee to balance out the books. THATS why I called you a late bloomer. Its assumed that people under LINE MOVES, so when you call a team OVERRATED because of a high spread, you make yourself look uneducated

Derek, he is only mad because you called him a name, nothing more. ldabdou, sticks and stones buddy, sticks and stones.

To prove Dereks point,
Line opened at 13.5.
Moved quickly to 12 because of Vandy money.
Eased down to eleven because of Vandy money.
Back up to 12 because of Tennessee money.

Looks like it will stay around 12 because that will be the number that will draw equal money on both sides.

ldabdou, to cap, pick your spreads based on your own method. Whatever that is. Compare it to Vegas. If the line is way off, and you feel good about a bet, place it. If you are ever uncertain or need advice on which side you should put your hard earned money on. DONT BET IT!

(exception to that rule: piggyback somebody that has a really good record: ie. Worms Smashes.)

Good Luck, ldabdou, I am only trying to help here.

Oh GL to you too Derek, I wasnt being an azz or anything! :)

Reactions: ldabdou

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
INtheBLUE said:
Derek, he is only mad because you called him a name, nothing more. ldabdou, sticks and stones buddy, sticks and stones.

To prove Dereks point,
Line opened at 13.5.
Moved quickly to 12 because of Vandy money.
Eased down to eleven because of Vandy money.
Back up to 12 because of Tennessee money.

Looks like it will stay around 12 because that will be the number that will draw equal money on both sides.

ldabdou, to cap, pick your spreads based on your own method. Whatever that is. Compare it to Vegas. If the line is way off, and you feel good about a bet, place it. If you are ever uncertain or need advice on which side you should put your hard earned money on. DONT BET IT!

(exception to that rule: piggyback somebody that has a really good record: ie. Worms Smashes.)

Good Luck, ldabdou, I am only trying to help here.

Oh GL to you too Derek, I wasnt being an azz or anything! :)
I agree with most of what both of you are trying to say but I don't agree with DEREKNJND style of saying it. He's putting conditions on somebody that he has no idea about their methods and opinions. I set my own line in advance and react to the Vegas line once it's out. I appreciate you putting things into perspective and that is what this forum is about, on the other hand I don't appreciate somebody criticizing them. Were all here to help each other out. Oh and DEREKNJND. Vegas does not set a line to get more right away on one side.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
Thanks for helpin out Blue :clap: you're my boy blue

Its frustrating to discuss a spread with someone when the underlying, inherent concepts are misunderstood by one party. No offense intended , Idabdou, just trying to explain stuff, not attack you. GL whatever you play.

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
ldabdou said:
. Oh and DEREKNJND. Vegas does not set a line to get more right away on one side.

Never said they do. But it is a FACT that dogs get alot of points sometimes to DRAW MONEY to that side, NOT because the favorite is OVERRATED. That is the essence of your mistake.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ldabdou

Chillaxin
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
Nor Cal
DerekNJND said:
This PROVES my point that the line was set high to GET MONEY ON THE VANDY SIDE.
]
ldabdou said:
Oh and DEREKNJND. Vegas does not set a line to get more right away on one side.
DerekNJND said:
Never said they do. But it is a FACT that dogs get alot of points sometimes to DRAW MONEY to that side, NOT because the favorite is OVERRATED. That is the essence of your mistake.
D
DerekNJND from another thread said:
These are some ML's that have a nice shot at hitting:

Oregon State +400
MSU +280
Stanford +165
Memphis +250
Wyoming +230
Virginia +250
Oklahoma +240
Okla St. +120
Minnesota +175

Lots of others that I'm not looking at but YOU might want to:

Vandy, South Carolina, Utah, Michigan, Washington, UAB, Air Force, BAMA
Dig yourself a little more deeper! Your making yourself look like an amateur and ignorant. Get your facts straight and learn what handicapping is. Your a late bloomer! You make no sense. You make yourself look uneducated. :stfu:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
According to some people they are "OVERRATED"

They are garbage everyone knows it, today confirms only what we already know. The fact that so many people won with vandy proves that it is public knowledge that tenn is CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.