verizon vs comcast

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
just went through the Verizon fast pass online mock-up(gives you a price for services...walks you through cable/internet and phone plans).....

and unless I`m getting bullshitted,i can get more from Verizon by signing a guaranteed 2 year deal and save $100 a month......

they have more stations that I`m interested in(hdnet and fuel tv) and allegedly their internet speed is very good.....

anybody care to give an opiion on Verizon as a provider?.....Comcast comments?....

I wired the house when we moved in several decades ago and I understand that Verizon runs the fiber optic to your house but you can keep and use the coaxial cable that you`ve already installed....

is that correct?

thanks in advance...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
overwhelming response......:0002

but seriously folks....:lol: ....i`m curious as to whether anyone in here has switched from one cable company to the other.....

i was told by the verizon rep that comcast basically will want their boxes/splitters and hardware back...but the actual cable(from pole to house and inside) they don`t worry about.....

she said that they(verizon) can come in and switch over service,disconnect comcast,set their stuff aside and i can call and have them pick it up or take it back myself.....

i`m worried that if i switch and then notify comcast,that they`ll want to come and remove their pole to house and inside wiring......leaving me without service until they(verizon) can get another crew in here to rewire....

i really don`t want to have a lapse in service....and i don`t trust comcast.....

any experiences or info would be appreciated.....

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
They won't cut the cable. Half the time they don't even care if they get the box back.

The guy who did Verizon for me at my old apt. said "Go with whatever's cheaper/who's running the better deal"

Yes, it is "fiber optic" and it's technically a direct pipe but it's the same box lol, and coax still comes in the same way.

people claim there is a picture quality but i have yet to see it, having had both comcast and verizon recently.

whatevers the cheapest.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Weasie,
They both suck. Verizon might suck less because its cheaper, but that is only temporary. It will go up sooner or later. Go with the cheaper of the two.

Hope this helps,
FDC

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Weasey has a question.............:0008

They won't cut the cable. Half the time they don't even care if they get the box back.

The guy who did Verizon for me at my old apt. said "Go with whatever's cheaper/who's running the better deal"

Yes, it is "fiber optic" and it's technically a direct pipe but it's the same box lol, and coax still comes in the same way.

people claim there is a picture quality but i have yet to see it, having had both comcast and verizon recently.

whatevers the cheapest.

Weasie,
They both suck. Verizon might suck less because its cheaper, but that is only temporary. It will go up sooner or later. Go with the cheaper of the two.

Hope this helps,
FDC

HDNet is an awesome channel.

thank you brothers......hogman...i`m hoping you`re right...a friend is in a sort of road/mgmt position at verizon....i`m going to call him right now and see what his take on the "removing the the line from between the pole and the house" issue after cancellation..........

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
got my service with DirectTV and they have dropped your ability to compare stations with and without HD

the HD is bullchit

you are not seeing any 3D better with the hd

and they want to charge extra for watching PPV with HD. I think its 10 bucks

unreal

s-love

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 10, 2007
Suva, Fiji
got my service with DirectTV and they have dropped your ability to compare stations with and without HD

the HD is bullchit

you are not seeing any 3D better with the hd

and they want to charge extra for watching PPV with HD. I think its 10 bucks

unreal

They really have you over a pickle barrel, that's for should

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
GW: We switched to AT&T Uverse a couple years ago. It uses the fiber optic cable network that is only available in certain areas. When we switched, we didn't have to do anything special and the cable company didn't take anything but their boxes and remotes.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
GW: We switched to AT&T Uverse a couple years ago. It uses the fiber optic cable network that is only available in certain areas. When we switched, we didn't have to do anything special and the cable company didn't take anything but their boxes and remotes.

bingo!!.....thanks,my brother.....appreciate the info....

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
:mad: .....rat bastards gamed me.....first person that I set my order up with told me that the price I was getting included all premium channels......when I called to finalize and commit to a contract it seems that only 2 premium channels were included.....and that there would be an add`l charge...this came after getting my ssn....I was p.o.`ed......

I`m calling back to try and get the name of the fellow that took my number.....I was so pissed I forgot to get his info.....

cable companies.....:mj16:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
weasie, you have mail. check the junk box if you don't get it. then get back to me.

thanks

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
mission accomplished....anything more specific,just ask me here or shoot me another e mail....

How was Verizon's pricing with them? Better than you could get on your own there or the same or worse?

Verizon doesn't offer anything where I live, it's AT&T and Comcast. I have Comcast and their pricing has gotten way out of hand.

Bet on MyBookie