verizon vs comcast

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
How was Verizon's pricing with them? Better than you could get on your own there or the same or worse?

Verizon doesn't offer anything where I live, it's AT&T and Comcast. I have Comcast and their pricing has gotten way out of hand.

every time I pick up my Comcast bill(the last 3 times at least)it`s gone up 3 or 4 dollars...I`m getting sick of the nickel and diming s.o.b.`s.....

at least with Verizon,i get a guaranteed price for 2 years and better channel selection.....

I would have sprung for it,but,the last agent I spoke with informed me that they send out an "outside crew" to hook up a fiber optic cable from the pole to the house(a few days before the "inside crew" makes an appearance..the m.f.`ers have more crews than the Constellation)........they don`t touch the Comcast cable...so theres another f`ing cable hanging off my fascia(the one I had to get on the ladder and reinforce a few years back)......

I`m sure the fricking birds will be happy to have another perch to bombard us from(me,not so much).......

:142squint
why can`t this shit be simplified?...

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
every time I pick up my Comcast bill(the last 3 times at least)it`s gone up 3 or 4 dollars...I`m getting sick of the nickel and diming s.o.b.`s.....

at least with Verizon,i get a guaranteed price for 2 years and better channel selection.....

I would have sprung for it,but,the last agent I spoke with informed me that they send out an "outside crew" to hook up a fiber optic cable from the pole to the house(a few days before the "inside crew" makes an appearance..the m.f.`ers have more crews than the Constellation)........they don`t touch the Comcast cable...so theres another f`ing cable hanging off my fascia(the one I had to get on the ladder and reinforce a few years back)......

I`m sure the fricking birds will be happy to have another perch to bombard us from(me,not so much).......

:142squint
why can`t this shit be simplified?...

Dude?

:shrug:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Dude?

:shrug:

Oops, got your reply.

Thanks man.

I don't feel so bad now because I pay $250 a month to Comcast. Internet, TV and phone. About a year ago I told them to take off my phone and they told me since I wouldn't have the "PACKAGE" anymore the monthly price would be HIGHER?

WTF?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Oops, got your reply.

Thanks man.

I don't feel so bad now because I pay $250 a month to Comcast. Internet, TV and phone. About a year ago I told them to take off my phone and they told me since I wouldn't have the "PACKAGE" anymore the monthly price would be HIGHER?

WTF?

general consensus is that they suck on ice....our bedroom is the last tv on our cable run...and they had trouble getting the "on demand" feature to work off that long cable run...their "boosters aren`t that powerful so I bought one from radio shack and we get on demand in the bedroom occasionally....it`s hit or miss......

it`s amazing that these big companies bend over backwards to woo new customers...then treat their old reliables as an afterthought.......

doesn't seem like a savvy business model...

:facepalm: :lol:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Oops, got your reply.

Thanks man.

WTF?

windstream gave us a phone line but its really alot of static on it.

can you use the pck phones for long distance with no charges ?

Reactions: s-love
Bet on MyBookie