Walmart doing their part for their long time employees

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JJ Reddick

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2006
Orlando
Faced with public demonstrations of discontent by its employees, Wal-Mart Stores has developed a wide-ranging new program intended to show that it appreciates its 1.3 million workers in the United States and to encourage them to air their grievances.

The program includes several new perks ?as a way of saying thank you? to workers, like a special polo shirt after 20 years of service
and a ?premium holiday,? when Wal-Mart pays a portion of health insurance premiums for covered employees. Sarah Clark, a spokeswoman for Wal-Mart, said the program was a ?a more formalized, contemporary approach? to communicating with and collecting feedback from its fast-growing work force

source: ny times http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/04/b...partner=homepage&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: 20 years = a stinking polo shirt. Got to feel for the buddy who left 19 years in, what a bad beat

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DBLMUTZ

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2000
HAMDEN CT USA
They are brutal,On a brighter note went to walmart last night an noticed a sign outside pharmacy ask about are $4 prescriptions,They were closed and last I heard of this was the trial program down in FLA,Wonder what type of drugs are in this price range:shrug: Hopefully this will help out a lot of folks.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Eighteen months after the Chicago City Council torpedoed a South Side Wal-Mart, 24,500 Chicagoans applied for 325 jobs at a Wal-Mart opening Friday in south suburban Evergreen Park, one block outside the city limits.

The new Wal-Mart at 2500 W. 95th is one block west of Western Avenue, the city boundary.

Of 25,000 job applicants, all but 500 listed Chicago addresses, said John Bisio, regional manager of public affairs for Wal-Mart.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Eighteen months after the Chicago City Council torpedoed a South Side Wal-Mart, 24,500 Chicagoans applied for 325 jobs at a Wal-Mart opening Friday in south suburban Evergreen Park, one block outside the city limits.

The new Wal-Mart at 2500 W. 95th is one block west of Western Avenue, the city boundary.

Of 25,000 job applicants, all but 500 listed Chicago addresses, said John Bisio, regional manager of public affairs for Wal-Mart.
i guess so with all the "perks" they give out working for them ;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Walmart- my personal hell on earth.

2,000 obese idiots with BO in tank tops with their belly hanging out wearing their John Deere baseball caps, running around with their carts like there's a fire, banging into to each other at every intersection just to save 12 cents on a 6 dollar pair of jeans.

And don't even get me started on the men that shop there.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Evidently something gets their attention Jack--hard to argue with #'s

unless--your John Edwards who diss's Walmart but his staff tries to get preferential treatment by aids trying to bypass lines for Sony PlayStation 3.

Of course he said he didn't know they were doing it but couldn't quite slip away from next fck-up ;)

Former Sen. John Edwards is to spend an hour at the Manchester Barnes & Noble tonight promoting his new book. We find his choice of venue very interesting.

In Manchester, the local Wal-Mart store sits right behind the Barnes & Noble. It has more floor space, a parking lot several times the size of Barnes & Noble's, and is easier to access by car or public transportation.

But Edwards would not be caught dead inside a Wal-Mart. Saying that the company pays its employees too little, Edwards has embarked on an anti-Wal-Mart crusade. He instructs his staff members and all Americans not to shop at Wal-Mart.

"Wal-Mart makes plenty of money. They need to pay their people well," Edwards said at a Pittsburgh anti-Wal-Mart rally in August.

So naturally Edwards is holding his book signing at Barnes & Noble instead of Wal-Mart. Which is too bad for his anti-low-wages campaign, because in Manchester Wal-Mart pays hourly employees more than Barnes & Noble does.

The Barnes & Noble where Edwards will hawk his book pays $7 an hour to start. The Wal-Mart that sits just yards away pays $7.50 an hour.

Oh, the humanity!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
I'm in a Walmart a couple times a week, their employees are overpaid IMO. I more productive in an hour than they are in a month.

DBLMUTZ

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2000
HAMDEN CT USA
Walmart- my personal hell on earth.

2,000 obese idiots with BO in tank tops with their belly hanging out wearing their John Deere baseball caps, running around with their carts like there's a fire, banging into to each other at every intersection just to save 12 cents on a 6 dollar pair of jeans.

And don't even get me started on the men that shop there.

Bummer,FLA Walmart sounds groady:mj07: I can get my dog&parrot food,bathroom products & contribute to my international friends via moneygram all in one shot minus the smelly fat chicks in green baseball caps:sadwave:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i like walmart. take my car in for an oil change, have an eye exam, pick up some groceries, a bag of socks, maybe a case of water and beer and my hard sour candy, get my razor blades, a hair cut and grab a ham and turkey sub from subway. where get you get all that shit done in one stop? :D

LOVE THE PLACE!

SAM'S TOO!

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
is it safe to assume that there are not any hot babes in Fort Myers:mj07:

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
is it safe to assume that there are not any hot babes in Fort Myers:mj07:

lol- no, and i've only been in the Walmart here once and even that was under duress. From my experience, the 'Walmart shopper syndrome' spans the globe. Has nothing to do with Fort Myers.

What I have noticed here, though, is how frequently there are attractive women at Office Depot. Not sure why, and I hate going there as well, but I have to every couple weeks or so.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
lol- no, and i've only been in the Walmart here once and even that was under duress. From my experience, the 'Walmart shopper syndrome' spans the globe. Has nothing to do with Fort Myers.

target is where the hot chicks go

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Get this. I actually have a buddy who calls me the other day and says he met this great new gal and she is coming over for dinner tonight to his house. He goes on to tell me how hot she is and hope she isn't a loser like his last two girlfriends. I say sounds great and asked where he met this little hottie and he tells me "The I.G.A Food mart in Justin Texas". Confused, I ask, "You mean that little corner grocery store by the trailer park"? He replies,"yeah, that one". Well, I am sad to report that Geography got the better of the poor little cream puff as she was on her fourth toddler of breast feeding and brought her mother home the table scraps from dinner because the stove was out in the trailer and they couldn't buy a new one until the electric got turned back on.

Of course, the idiot hit it anyway, She got pregnant, even though she was "supposed" to be fixed and ten days in county for assault after the bitch trashed his house and his car and he is still paying child support for his little "corner store hottie", and the land manatee was built like a linebacker too. Unreal.