MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
knock off the bs or people will be taking a break. christ! can't get along and it's the first week?

Chill

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2005
I like:

LSU - Should blow out a weak pac 10team, with 3 wins last year

B.C.- A contrarian pick, People will probably be all over Clemson

UAB- ECU was getting rolled over by navy

MISS st- Tough D will keep it under the #

on the other side with Oregon and Georgia though

Oregon is a great team on offense, dont see fresno stopping them at all

Georgia is much more talented than SC, who struggled offensivley verse Miss st. Gerogia D is better. They are obviousley better on the other side too. The Line looks too easy though, but I think it is a mistake. Georgia won last year 17-15,
We will see what hapens this year..

Good luck with your plays.

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks chill...I definitely consider myself a contrarion gambler...hopefully 4/6 will hit for you ;)

Phenom

STRONG.
Forum Member
May 24, 2001
The Upstate
I would like to know your reasoning on BC, along with a previous poster I have figured Clemson for a 7-10 point win. Just curious.

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
I will say this again...the actual "football" aspect of games weighs very lightly with my strategy.

Any time a line opens up one team as a favorite and gets swung 3-4+ points the other way, it is going to raise a red flag to me. It's just a contrarion dream play to me...
Clemson beats up FAU 54-6
BC struggles as an 11 pt fave vs CMich 31-24
Line opens BC, and gets taken over to Clem

Statistically speaking...Clemson only had 109 yds more offense than FAU...that is odd to me. Cupcake opponent didn't expose them to much.

BC is at home...got tested in Week 1 and should be well-prepared for this one.

Home dogs... BARK!

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Friday Outlook -These are about 95% sure plays...some changes from earlier in the week. Will post actual lines when they are "official".

Duke
Mississippi State (don't like this game if it closes right on +21)
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Michigan State
Boston College
Syracuse
LSU
W Michigan (as long as line stays at +12 or less)
Tulane
UAB
South Carolina
Texas (ONLY IF for some reason line crosses over to -3.5 or more...attending this game, should be a great one)
UTEP
Fresno State
Arkansas State

16 total possibilities...should make some of these official shortly.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
Like your reasoning on BC Tavros. I was almost going to place a wager on them but they are the one team that I can never seem to win with no matter what sport or how big the edge. So for your sake im laying off of it, as to not jinx u.

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
blg - you trade stocks...or just part of the name?

It's scary how much of my stuff is pointing to BC this week...but I feel like I am the only one who likes them, which is fine by my account.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
i dont trade stocks tavros, i just opned up a yahoo acct to monitor my personal portfolio back in the day, then i started using the email when i registered for different places including this one
- I think i will make a small play on BC since I like them anyway

you should stop by my thread and tell me what you have been seeing in any of those lines, i dont know if you follow over/unders at all

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Duke +20
Mississippi State +21 (gonna play it, hopefully doesn't close right at +21 or not that great of a play)
Vanderbilt +16
Virginia -9
Western Michigan +10.5

Tavros

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Chill- I just don't like it at +21. If it's at 20.5, that means there wasn't enough action to close it at 21, and if it goes to 21.5, means it's being pushed too far and you get a good hook with .5....regardless I have already taken the game. Good luck to you today.

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
I think i counted right tavros, u went 8-7 on a very big card. I will definitely be following you from now on and would appreciate if you send me some more info on how you cap your picks. You can get my email from jack or it is my screenname here @yahoo so please shoot me an email

Congrats again on a winning weekend!

Bet on MyBookie