1* Nebraska -9.5 -108

Gl All.

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
I know you liked Michigan vs Texas too - do you want to share your angle here? Just too big of a move from priors line?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
I know you liked Michigan vs Texas too - do you want to share your angle here? Just too big of a move from priors line?
I’ll help. The move to Orji will open up the offense and his ability to run will allow smash mouth ball with Edwards.

TurdofDoom

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 1, 2019
Merica
Film guy is a touch goofy sometimes but this is a pretty good breakdown of how Sark abused Wink. I hate Lincoln Riley for what he does to briskets but the guy can call plays. I don’t see why he doesn’t abuse Michigan too if they can protect even a little bit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: redsfann

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth

Few reasons. To be clear, I don't think this Michigan team is great and Moore bay be a complete disaster. This could be a fail, but still ----

1. Michigan O-Line was all new at beginning of year but a talented bunch with a key transfer as well that will take time to gel. Should improve during year.

2. Michigan defense is talented. I'm not a huge Martindale fan but he is experienced and they have the personnel to be competitive against anyone. They got run by Texas but they were also on the field way way too much and got tired and wilted. USC is also not Texas.

3. I'm not in any way sold on USC. When was USC's actual quality in line with their perception? It's been a long time. Chronically overrated. Beating LSU is fine, but LSU is trash as well. Not a Riley fan.

4. I like the line move down here - it moved immediately off the opener, which I should have grabbed as 7 was never happening.

Note - Orji is awful. That's not an upgrade. He looks like he should be good at running but he is not. But a direct running style vs USC may be effective and keep this close. Basically, I'm not sure you can buy lower on Michigan than this and it would be completely on brand for USC to return their usual decidedly average selves.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Few reasons. To be clear, I don't think this Michigan team is great and Moore bay be a complete disaster. This could be a fail, but still ----

1. Michigan O-Line was all new at beginning of year but a talented bunch with a key transfer as well that will take time to gel. Should improve during year.

2. Michigan defense is talented. I'm not a huge Martindale fan but he is experienced and they have the personnel to be competitive against anyone. They got run by Texas but they were also on the field way way too much and got tired and wilted. USC is also not Texas.

3. I'm not in any way sold on USC. When was USC's actual quality in line with their perception? It's been a long time. Chronically overrated. Beating LSU is fine, but LSU is trash as well. Not a Riley fan.

4. I like the line move down here - it moved immediately off the opener, which I should have grabbed as 7 was never happening.

Note - Orji is awful. That's not an upgrade. He looks like he should be good at running but he is not. But a direct running style vs USC may be effective and keep this close. Basically, I'm not sure you can buy lower on Michigan than this and it would be completely on brand for USC to return their usual decidedly average selves.
Thanks.

Probably right - will see if I can get there