Weekend Card (Oct 13th-16th)

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Auburn (-13) over Arkansas
big play for me
The La Tech game showed me these boys are not letting up and they are focused on each team each week...no looking ahead. This Auburn defense is one of the most aggressive and best reading and reacting I've seen in a while. Campbell has control of this offense and can make plays passing while the RB's are phenomenal, and should have a good day against this (IMO) weak Arkansas defensive front.

Arkansas offensive tackle Zac Tubbs injured in practice Tuesday, will miss the rest of season. Matt Jones will have his hands full and if he though the Florida defense was tough he has another thing coming because Auburn is twice as fast (IMO).

The tigers have to jump on them, get out in front and then pull away. Don't think that the tigers will stop either after seeing the Florida game and seeing the razorbacks don't quit.

WVU (-6.5) over UConn

WVU'[s defense will be tough for (IMO) not so mobile QB. Randal showed the best way to beat this team is to scramble, something I don't think UConn will do. Jason Colson, who has run for 295 yards and four touchdowns on 65 carries this season, will pick up the bulk of the work if Harris does not play. He had 47 yards on 12 carries against Virginia Tech. UConn's LB Fintcher is a stub (small) but all over the field. More than likely he will shadow Marshall. Marshall has to make passes and throw it deep because if there is one thing the Pitt game showed me is if you throw it deep the Huskie CB's have a tough time staying with the man and making a play on the ball.

Other leans
ND (-7)
Oklahoma St (-7) - big lean here
Colorado (-10)
UVA (ML)
UNC (+20)

GL
Irish

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Oklahoma St (-7)
big play
Texas A&M may be believing again but thats only because they haven't really played any talent to discourage them. Taking care of Clemson, K State and Wyoming at home does not mean this team is deserving of a #23 ranking! Oklahoma St hasn't played great teams but they have played better talent than whats on the A&M schedule! Both teams waxed Iowa St but the defense of Okie St is what is impressive, The defensive turnover margin is 17-2!! This OSU team plays very well at home. If A&M is playing with confidence so is this Cowboys team and when they meet skill will take over and Oklahoma state has a better offense than A&M.

McNeil will be where most of the offense comes from. Okie St has to keep him in the pocket or contain his if he gets loose. If McNeil is able to scramble on the cowboy defense they may be in for a long day. It helps OSU to have such a powerful run game to keep the offense of A&M off the field and out of rhythm!

GL
Irish

treynolds

Forum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Elkhorn, WI
I think you may have just talked me out of A&M if you thing okie st is that strong of a play. Also i love the first 2 plays auburn and w virginia. UVA should be a good game i think they are the better team in this game but i see the under as the best play in this game.
Good Luck

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
UVA (ML) over FSU

The scrambling ability of UVA's QB Haggans will be tough for FSU to handle. leading the ACC in total offense (493.2 ypg), rushing offense (275.0 ypg), passing offense (218.2 ypg) and scoring (42.4 ppg). The Cavs rank third in total defense (248.6 ypg), second in rushing defense (85.4 ypg), fourth in pass defense (163.2 ypg) and second in points allowed (11.6 ppg). UVA's O-line is very good and they are all very athletic. Something FSU hasn't seen that much of this year. The 3 headed monster of Lundy, Pearman and Haggan leaves FSU forced to bring up LB's to cover.....thats where Haggans ability to find Miller will come in. DON'T FORGET CLEMSON RETURNED 2 kicks for td's the returns covered 97 and 86 yards!!! Miami had success returning kicks as well!! Special team coverage may hurt FSU as UVA has a burner returning kicks and IMO might break one loose!

The Seminoles are concerned about lack of availability during weekly practices for many of their front line players. Bowden has said, "We've got too many guys limping." But they have no alternative.DE Eric Moore (ankle) out. DT Broderick Bunkley (ankle), S B.J. Ward (ankle) should be ready to play. WR Willie Reid (hamstring) should play. If Wyatt Sexton starts slowly, count on the Seminoles putting in Rix. (PLEASE PUT IN RIX....against the UVA LB' :142lmao: s!!!!!) The Seminoles are down to two tight ends. Matt Henshaw (ankle) is out indefinitely. It leaves Paul Irons and Matt Root, neither of whom are great pass catchers.

Only thing that scares me is this is only the 2nd road game of the season for UVA. But a powerful running game, solid defense, all American TE (3rd down buster) and big o-line, I'm riding the Cavs! This team will be fired up for this game, they know they have the talent to compete @FSU.

GL
Irish

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Best of luck Irish -- I like West Virginia tonight, and have solid leans to UVA and Okla State as well.

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Notre Dame (-7) over Navy

Navy always starts off well against the Irish but in the end talent and size take over. ND is too good on defense not to crowd the line and play run. They have the ability to have one on one coverage with the Navy WR's. Golsby should be on the RB for navy all day long. Getting Grant and Stovall back healthy and in the flow of the offense will help ND tremendously. IMO Navy can not cover the WR for ND. Question is can Quinn get them the ball. I think he can if he gets a little time something the much improved ND line will give him.

Minny (-9.5) over Michigan St

MSU has no where near the defense of Michigan and the gophers had success against the wolverines, I'm sure they will continue against the Spartans! The gophers have got to get to Stanton and force him to move! Pierre Thomas had 188 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries for Illinois, Minnesota boasts the best running attack in the Big Ten with 301.0 yards per game, while Michigan State ranks ninth in defending the run by allowing 174.3 yards per game.... it should be a huge day for Barber and Maroney!! REVENGE of last years loss to this team and this gopher team is upset about the loss to Michigan last week. IMO they will be focused and ready to handle the Spartans!

Tenn (-10) over Ol Miss

IMO Tenn is focus and ready, the loss to Auburn was just enough to spark this team and is what caused the win over Georgia. Looking at this game Tenn will have the advantage in the offensive line and should dominate the line of scrimmage. The Vols will use the run to set up the pass. On the other side Ol Miss went to the 3 QB rotation, this may throw off a team like SC but against the Vols it should be nothing new. They practice against revolving QB's and know how to adapt to different play styles. The Vol defense is getting better in the redzone and it will be an uphill battle for the rebels.

GL
Irish

bbk

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2003
Be careful on your Ostate plays it more of a no play for me; not saying you dont make valid points but there is more talent on Wyoming, Kstate and Clemson then SMU, Tulsa, and Iowa State. And dont forget A&M is number 2 in the nation right behind OSU in turnover margin so that negates that. A&M is not a good road team but as long as A&M does not turn the ball over this will go down to the wire. Good luck on your play though.

wy1984

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2004
Irish
appreciate your reply earlier
i was wondering what you though of the Arizona St game
im looking into Arizona St. pretty hard and i think that USC showed their weakness against everyone they played this year and i dont see them blowing out Arizona St. On top of that i believe i read somewhere on this message board that Arizona St is a perfect 5-0 ats this year.

Just wondering what you though
GL
Wy

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Irish said:
WVU (-6.5) over UConn

WVU'[s defense will be tough for (IMO) not so mobile QB. Randal showed the best way to beat this team is to scramble, something I don't think UConn will do. Jason Colson, who has run for 295 yards and four touchdowns on 65 carries this season, will pick up the bulk of the work if Harris does not play. He had 47 yards on 12 carries against Virginia Tech. UConn's LB Fintcher is a stub (small) but all over the field. More than likely he will shadow Marshall. Marshall has to make passes and throw it deep because if there is one thing the Pitt game showed me is if you throw it deep the Huskie CB's have a tough time staying with the man and making a play on the ball.

nice work irish. solid way to start the week.

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
WY1984
The Arizona St game to me looks like and offensive explosion. You have two very good offenses and QB to lead their respective units. That being said and the reason this is a no play for me is look at the competition ASU has played and how they won...N'Western, Oregon St and Oregon. Now N'western is playing probably the best out of all three of these teams (IMO) and that game came down to turn-overs from the wildcats. Now USC has played BYU, Stanford, Cal and Va Tech. BYU, Cal and Tech all have solid defense something Arizona st does not. All games mentioned above the coaching staff had to make adjustments for different things they were seeing. IMO I don't think they will have to adjust to face the sun devils. IMO Carroll's game plan will work from the opening kick. IMO I see a USC blow out but with a QB like Walter it could easily be a back door cover from ASU. Just my opinion.
I should have a play on tonights game in a little while.

EDIT - Thanks GMAN, is there any team worse than UCONN in their ability to not stay in coverage and make a play on the ball. Their CBs are there but they just can't find the ball, any throwing team has an advantage on UConn! Good luck this weekend!
GL
Irish

Last edited:

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Louisville (+9) over Miami

Comes down to leadership...Miami looks to Brock Berlin, and IMO thats terrible. Louisville looks at LeFors and he is a leader that can control his offense. Yes, the Card have let Brohm play but LeFors is their guy. You have a team (yes, they haven't played anyone tough) completing 75% of their passes. Routes are all about timing, reading, and reacting. IMO the Cards have gotten those aspects down playing sub-par teams and should be able to use those (practice) games to benefit them tonight. Shelton is a RB that can be productive against this Miami defense.

The Card's on defense have played well but against NO ONE, going into Miami is a whole different monster! The Cards will have to crowd the box and take Moss and Gore out of the mix. Let them get the one or two yard rushes but not the big break aways. Force Berlin to pass. It has already been said if Berlin plays poorly he will get the hook. Thats fine at GT, but if he is screwing up at home it is amazing what home crowd boo birds do to a persons physique.

Still this is the season for this UL team, they have 20 plus players on their roster from FLA that were turned down by Florida schools namely Miami. That being said this team came to play when they were matched up against FSU a few yards ago and IMO they will come to play tonight.

The key is for Louisville to keep their game plan balanced. Keep the Miami team guessing and do not become predictable. Houston had some success spreading out WR's and UL can do the same. Avoiding the big mistake is also very important, IMO LeFors will throw the ball away before trying to force it in against double coverage! Lastly the Cards cannot allow momentum to build on the Miami side....use of time outs is key. Looking at this game I'm not sold by either team and personal don't believe they are deserving of their rankings but I think it will be a closer game than 9 points.

GL
Irish

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
adding

adding

parlay
small play
UL+6.5 and the over 24