Weekend Card (Oct 13th-16th)

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
UAB (-7) over TCU

Two teams here going in opposite directions. UAB is ranked 4th in the conference in scoring, with 31 points per game. Also rank 3rd in scoring, allowing 23.2 points per game. Hackney has total control of this offense and has the weapons around him to be productive. Watching the Blazers this year, Reggie Lindsey has a very good chance for big returns on special teams. Although the Blazers are winning they are not doing it by huge margins. They allow teams to stay in the games and this is something they cannot afford to do tonight!

TCU has just looked poor at times on defense. Following the Army game the players on that team should be embarrassed. TCU defense allowing 35.5 points and 428 yards per game. LOOK OUT because TCU as bad as they have been, have had injuries. They get key starters back and will be ready to turn things around on the blazers!

UAB will has success running the ball on TCU because of the weak defensive line. This will force TCU to play man to man and over load the box. Man to man coverage favors the blazer's because Hackney can make plays. The Blazer defense will have their hands full. They need to stop the run with the d-linemen and be able to use LB's in coverage. Both teams will attempt to do the same things but IMO UAB has (potentially!) the defense to make a few stops and TCU doesn't!

GL
Irish

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Gosh n' begorrah,

I like the OK ST - play a whole lot more than the Bayou Bengals. Auburn may win, but I think they have a real fight on their hands with Arkansas.

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Thanks Buddy, I like the okie st play as well. Still I think the tigers defense is for real!

Go n eiri an t adh leat.
Irish

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
BC (-10) over Pitt

Coming off the bye week the Eagles will be up for this game. Pitt had a tough time keeping Palko up right against UConn and Temple... BC has twice the defense talent of those teams. This Panther team also has no defense, they are not aggressive and cannot stop the run (2nd best BE rushing offense 183.6 ypg.) ! Pitt has had come from behind wins against Furman and Temple??

BC has the conference's best defense ( allowed only 5 TD's and 4 FG's in 5 games). Opponents have averaged just 84.0 rushing yards.

The reason this line is so low is because BC has the fighting Irish next week and this team may be looking ahead. Tom O'Brien will have this team focused and the O-line of BC should own the trenches all day. When BC gets the running game going they are very good because Peterson has great ability with a little extra time.

Colorado (-10) over Iowa St
bigger play for me
Colorado will run all over Iowas St! Colorado ranks 102nd nationally in total defense and Iowa State ranks 104th nationally in total offense. Normally Colorado loses these games because they just can't stop teams to get their offense on the field, IMO they will be able to generate stops against this team! This is a big play because starting QB Klatt is out. Cox will start and he is a better QB (IMO) and has the ability to make things happen on the scramble! Bobby Purify is still recovering from an injury but should see more action, which is bad news for the Cyclones. Plus the QB for ISU was banged up against TA&M. Add all that with Colorado coming off a beating @home this team has too much pride not to focus on beating Iowa St badly.

Final card
Big plays
Auburn (-13)
Oklahoma St(-7)
Colorado (-10)
WVU (-7) W

reg plays
UVA (ML)
Minny (-9.5)
Tenn (-10)
ND (-7)
BC (-10)
UAB (-7) W
Louisville (+9.5) W

small play
Louisville Over 43.5 W
Louisville 2H (+6.5/Over24) L

GL
Irish

Last edited:

sportsjunkie

Forum Member
Jun 5, 2003
New York
Not very excited to see you like Auburn-13, was thinking Arkansas can slow down the RB's and Matt Jones feet are the wild card IMO, like OkSt, UAB and BC with ya! Best of Luck :clap:

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
The Razorbacks can slow they down for a while but the fact that Auburn has 2 good backs is tough for any team to play hard all game long never getting a break. Plus if they stack the line, Campbell has shown the ability to make plays down the field. YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH, Jones can run like Forest Gump, but the Tiger defense is too quick for him. IMO the coach of Auburn is too good not to have a shadow on him.

GL
Irish

trolln4walii

shorelunchne1
Forum Member
Jul 11, 2004
Canadian waters(summertime)
Great start to the week Irish. Nice calls on the Louisville game last night :) Hope you run the table with your remaining picks. Got UAB tonight(-6-) and ND -6, OK St -6, and Aub -12- tomorrow :)Not brave enough to lay that many points on the road tomorrow with Minny and Tenn but I'll be pulling for ya on those and the others (except UVA :))

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
re-hit BC (-8.5)
making this game a big play for me

also normally don't add but.....
Bama (-7) over So. Miss
This team is not worth a nation rank and Houston showed that. With out starter Almond not sure how the offense will move against a tough Bama defense. Even though the tide doesn't have success throwing the ball,look to the to use the middle of the field because Houston showed this team is week in coverage. With the talent level on So. Miss and there schedule I just don't think they are a good team. So. Miss has one solid defensive player at LB and the key is to make him run the field, don't run at him. Make him chase and then make the play when he drops into coverage.

GL
Irish

Bet on MyBookie